Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 5th - Without a functioning rail service, there was no... December 6, 2013
- December 5th - It wasn’t a great day for train travel in... December 6, 2013
- December 4th - Also in South Wigston, a postie’s bike. I... December 4, 2013
- December 4th - I was in Leicester again, but on a better day.... December 4, 2013
- December 4th - Circumstances appear to have dictated that sadly,... December 4, 2013
- December 3rd - An evening ride up to Walsall Wood had me... December 3, 2013
- December 3rd - A better day today. The bug had receded, and I... December 3, 2013
- December 2nd - Still unwell, I had important stuff to attend to... December 3, 2013
- December 1st - I swung past St. James Church in Brownhills to... December 2, 2013
- December 1st - First of all, my apologies. On my main blog I... December 2, 2013
- November 30th - Brownhills has been spoiled rotten this year by... November 30, 2013
- November 30th - A terrible day beset by daft problems, but... November 30, 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- New local history book out soon!
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Walsall Wood FC unexpectedly back in the game - this Saturday!
- Purity was the gift
- The end and the beginning
- Urban Exploration at Linley Caverns, in 1957
- Sweet James
- Fist of Glory, fists of rage
- Woodmen no match for Tulips
- Doing the Locomotion
- 1,025,122 hits
- 2013 Aldridge Andy Dennis bike cam Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Countryside Services cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood Graham Evans history Lichfield Lichfield District Council Lichfield Mercury local blogs Local History Local politics Memories of Brownhills Past Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Ogley Hay Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Reservoir Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Social Services Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Housing Group Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @WS7weather: WS7 weather report for Hammerwich, Lichfield, Burntwood, Brownhills, Bloxwich and Pelsall areas. wp.me/p18lQi-137 1 hour ago
- #365daysofbiking Take the long way home: brownhillsbob.tumblr.com/post/691247992… 9 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Not even the tree: brownhillsbob.tumblr.com/post/691234888… 9 hours ago
- RT @moronwatch: Poverty wages in the land of plenty | Amy Goodman theguardian.com/commentisfree/… 9 hours ago
- RT @yarnofmoo: Mostly for future reference... cheezburger.com/7924228352 9 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
- Atomic Spin
- Iron & Wine – Grace For Saints And Ramblers
- Joni Mitchell – Down to You
- Joni Mitchell – Car on a Hill
- Joni Mitchell – Same Situation
- Joni Mitchell – People's Parties
- Joni Mitchell – Free Man In Paris
- Joni Mitchell – Help Me
- Joni Mitchell – Court and Spark
- Joni Mitchell – Refuge of the Roads
- Joni Mitchell – Blue Motel Room
Tag Archives: static protest
Things seem to be going a bit awry at Walsall Council of late.
I notice from a report in yesterday’s Walsall Express & Star that park rangers in Walsall will be cut in April 2013 from 23 to 10 posts. This is despite a theoretically ongoing ‘budget consultation’, and totally contrary to statements made to Linda Mason and Roger Jones, of Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services, by Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
Following the protest on Monday, 19th November outside the Council House in Walsall, lead members of the Save Walsall’s Greenspace and Country Services Group, Linda Mason and Roger Jones attended a meeting with Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
Nice to see a good turnout last night for the Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services Group protest vigil at the Council House, where a meeting of the Council was taking place. Following publicity throughout the Walsall online community, and much hard work on the part of concerned protestors, it’s becoming clear that the message is getting through to our elected representatives.
Continue reading →