Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 9th - A beautiful autumn morning on Walsall’s canals,... October 9, 2015
- October 8th - I was right about the rain and the fungi. On... October 9, 2015
- October 7th - I was right about the rain and fungus. At the... October 7, 2015
- October 7th - After the last couple of days of wet, grey... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - Traffic. Tell me when my red light turns green. I... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - Also looking good in the autumn colour is church... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - A terribly grey morning, spotting with rain and I... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - It’s nice to see a local pub coming back from the... October 6, 2015
- 4th October - And finally, watch out if you’re riding along the... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - The fly agaric are a bit thin on the ground this... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - I have no idea what his name was, but this young... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - A considerably different day, the sun was again... October 5, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Walsall Wood Remembrance Parade - what a mess!
- Back of the net! Brian Stringer's latest book on sale now!
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- In the Middle
- Woodmen make short shrift of Shifnal
- Have you lost a bird?
- 56 bus service: Travel West Midlands to fill the gap
- June 1990 - Avenues fight on
- Signs of life
- Withdrawal of 56 bus service: Latest news, and please sign the petition!
- 2,650,735 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Serene http://t.co/N2IrBLtqkt 8 hours ago
- RT @PetsLocated: Ginger and White Cat found in Walsall Wood (WS9) on 9th October 2015 #foundcats #foundpets: bit.ly/1MkCxD1 9 hours ago
- Nice to be away from work http://t.co/uxMzxnnVfa 10 hours ago
- Walsall Wood Remembrance Parade - what a mess! wp.me/pvAxA-74B via @brownhillsbob 14 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Taking the air: ift.tt/1LlsTzi 14 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers October 12, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 19, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 26, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Staffordshire
It’s been an odd day today – sometimes you get stories on the blog that are initially very complex, but get simpler as they untangle; this one is the absolute opposite, and all I can do is post the information I currently have for you to make you own minds up.
Continue reading →
It’s always nice to see local folk writing about local history, their lives and experiences and their view of the world – and one of the best locally is community activist Brian Stringer, who wrote to me yesterday to tell me he has a new book for sale chronicling his involvement with local community football.
I see that there Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore is has an informal local history meeting on this evening with her irreverent and fun Lichfield history group, Lichfield Discovered.
For a few weeks now, I’ve been featuring images here from an archive I haven’t named, but is remarkable – not just for the content, but for the quirkiness and inaccuracy of some of the content.
I note that Chasewater Railway volunteer, local blogger and top chap John Daft has issued an appeal on the railway museum blog to call for donations or copies of any press cuttings or pictures relating to the project that the public may have in their possession.
For some time now I’ve been promoting the brilliant parent and toddler walking and social group that takes place weekly at Chasewater – Chasewater Strollers, who continue to grow in number and last week got back to normal business at St. Anne’s in Chasetown.
Continue reading →
An interesting event is taking place this Saturday, 26th September 2015 at Chasewater, where the Chase Sailing Club (that’s the one on the north shore) will be sailing 60 or more boats to celebrate six decades afloat at the reservoir.
Continue reading →