Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 21st - The lads are still working hard in a field further... July 21, 2014
- 21st July - It’s been a lovely day, but the ride home was... July 21, 2014
- July 20th - A day coloured mainly by the sad news of the loss of... July 20, 2014
- July 20th - Last week, I noted a quantity of sectional piling... July 20, 2014
- July 19th - I was still suffering with my left foot, so rest was... July 20, 2014
- July 19th - I see this wonderful Christiana cargo bike about a... July 20, 2014
- July 18th - By the time I was riding home through the backlanes... July 19, 2014
- July 18th - Again, I made my escape, and I slipped into... July 19, 2014
- July 17th - On my return, I was held up by some rather familiar... July 19, 2014
- July 17th - I slipped out of work early to get some time back,... July 19, 2014
- July 16th - Working late, stopped off for a Chinese takeaway on... July 17, 2014
- July 16th - Hey, South Wigston has a station cat. With the close... July 17, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- On the loss of a great, great man
- Car accident in Brownhills on Saturday afternoon
- Brownhills Central Boy's School: Can you help?
- A great man needs our support...
- A thank you, from me and a very great man
- Have you just lost a pair of dogs in Brownhills?
- Walsall Wood show The 'Pics who's boss
- Another glimpse into the past
- Police appeal: Anyone know of David Palmer?
- 1,528,664 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Me to job manager 'I've had a complaint about parking from management' 'not public?' 'no' 'Fuck 'em. Lazy bastards should get up earlier.' 24 minutes ago
- Must say, loving the form factor of the Nexus. Not liking default email client - any suggestions pop and IMAP support? Cheers 26 minutes ago
- Stood discussing work schedule, open laptop and paper drops everywhere.Job manager 'if you're the brains of this operation we're all fucked' 33 minutes ago
- Disturbed that driving here I was behind a shit brown Marina Coupe, blowing a little smoke but still in good nick. Forgot they even existed. 35 minutes ago
- Up with the birds today and a brief visit to Custard, see how the rabble are doing. Beautiful morning. It's a good summer so far... 37 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market August 3, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Tag Archives: Snadfields
I should have known, really. No sooner had I delved into the fascinating world of the Brownhills surge stack, then Ian Pell, railway historian extraordinaire, had written to me with a whole bunch of new information, clarifications and even a few questions.
It seems like we’re in a period for odd historical tangents and discoveries. It all started with Peter ‘Pedro’ Cutler’s classic bit of gentrified nimbyism from ‘Captain’ Harrison at Aldershaw(e). From there, we alighted at Sandfields Pumping Station at Lichfield, and found a wonderful, but neglected steam engine. We’ve found since, via Peter’s further diligent research, and that of Dave Moore, a chap clearly expert on the matter, that there was a long forgotten water tower in Brownhills.