Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 4th - Spring is really here. It’s not just the... March 5, 2015
- March 4th - A beautiful day, but still windy. The golden light... March 5, 2015
- March 3rd - I was quite lucky with this, too; also handheld. The... March 3, 2015
- March 3rd - Cold, windy. Horrid journeys to work, fast and fun... March 3, 2015
- March 2nd - Spotted in Darlaston in Victoria Park - is that a... March 3, 2015
- March 2nd - Fiddling with a next camera. After a brief... March 3, 2015
- March 1st - I noted with some curiosity that earlier that day,... March 2, 2015
- March 1st - On a distinctly un-springlike day, I headed into... March 2, 2015
- February 28th - Meanwhile, back in Brownhills, Silver Court... March 1, 2015
- February 28th - Another grey, dull day, with a worsening wind. I... March 1, 2015
- February 27th - I had to pop into Aldridge on my way home and... March 1, 2015
- February 27th - A lot of the history of Brownhills, Walsall Wood... March 1, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Rebuild it and they will come – a great post by Christine Howles
- Small increments
- Walsall Wood draw with The Mikes yet again!
- Matters arising...
- An unearned income
- Chasewater... some news at last
- A lost line
- February 1993 - Dead-end village as bridge is renewed
- Bradford on Brownhills
- What's this stuff about, then?
- 2,122,515 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @LulhAndy: Hello twitter - Anyone got either of these wheelsets? cycledivision.co.uk/product-info.p… superstarcomponents.com/en/elite-30-ul… Speak to me... 13 minutes ago
- RT @pikelet: "They're not anecdotes, that's small batch artisanal data" 20 minutes ago
- RT @geraintgriffith: Of course back in my day if we found any shiny happy people we'd just give them a good slap. That usually sorted them … 21 minutes ago
- RT @brownhillsdog: Try putting a landscape page in word and not fucking your whole document up. I can't believe our species can do space tr… 21 minutes ago
- New pal for me wee mate http://t.co/YR7ygSTr6B 25 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Oliver Wakeman – Ljw
- Oliver Wakeman – From the Turn of a Card
- Gordon Giltrap – Fiona's Smile
- Gordon Giltrap – Moneyfacturing
- Gordon Giltrap – Secret Valentine
- Gordon Giltrap – The Kerry Dancers
- Gordon Giltrap – The Echoing Green / London
- Gordon Giltrap – Isabella's Wedding
- Gordon Giltrap – Prayer for Philippa
- Gordon Giltrap – The Lord's Seat
- Chasewater Strollers March 9, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 16, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 23, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Silly
I’m reblogging this from the wonderful Chaz Mason, who I’m sure won’t thank me for doing so – although this is important, and needs to be said, so down the hatch…
Once again, the irrepressible Kate Cardigan from the Lichfield Lore contacts me to tell me that there’s yet another talk on tonight organised by her informal Lichfield local history group, Lichfield Discovered. Tonight at 7:30pm, (9th February 2015), they have a wonderful free … Continue reading →
Readers with long memories may well recall that in December 2014 there was some furore over the selection of the next Conservative Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Aldridge Brownhills following the standing down of Richard Shepherd, who’s retiring from his 36 year tenure at the next general election.
I see that there Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore is kicking off 2015 in style with her informal and fun Lichfield local history group, Lichfield Discovered – tonight at 7:30pm, (12th January 2015), they have a wonderful free talk at St Mary’s in the Lichfield Market Square based on an alphabetical trip around Lichfield by John Gallagher.
Here’s a quick one from local history rapscallion Peter ‘pedro’ Cutler while I’m prepping some other stuff for the weekend – debauchery and cards in a Brownhills Working Men’s Club in 1881!
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll probably realise by now that Brownhills is the subject of some media controversy at the moment – a story emerging here via the Express & Star and syndicated out to the wider daily papers has caused outrage and recrimination.
Well, this year’s quiz is complete, and we have a winner – the two year reigning champion is Tony Jakeman, who this year came first with a highly creditable 20 points, but team Jakeman did face a sustained challenge from Kate and Andy Dennis amongst others.