Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 1st - Nice to see the cotoneaster going bright... October 2, 2015
- October 1st - Although the wonderful Indian summer continues,... October 2, 2015
- September 30th - Sadly, my morning photos came out terrible... September 30, 2015
- September 29th - But still, there’s colour. There aren’t many... September 30, 2015
- September 29th - Jockey Meadows and the surrounding farmland are... September 30, 2015
- September 28th - Nipping from Stonnall over to Walsall Wood on... September 29, 2015
- September 28th - Quite a find for me, and only the second time... September 29, 2015
- September 27th - On the canal near Newtown, Brownhills,... September 29, 2015
- September 27th - I caught a classic, sunny and misty autumn... September 29, 2015
- September 26th - Interested and fascinated to note that the... September 29, 2015
- September 26th - I enjoyed the Chase so much the day before, I... September 29, 2015
- September 25th - From Tixall, a stop for tea and cake, and then... September 29, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Train spotted
- The people in charge - in 1934
- Narrow gauge minded
- A true friend of Walsall
- Walsall Wood sadly no match for Hereford
- Withdrawal of 56 bus service: Latest news, and please sign the petition!
- A walk up Lichfield Road with Aer Reg
- The march of time
- Shire Oak Pub refurbishment starts next week!
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- 2,638,395 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Narrow gauge minded wp.me/pvAxA-73y via @brownhillsbob 4 hours ago
- Bollocks. Denis Healey One N. Extra E. I'll pick up the twat hat on the way out. 5 hours ago
- Using the death of Dennis Healy as an opportunity to make political capital shows just what a vile, shiftless wankweasel moonface Cameron is 5 hours ago
- RT @dazwright: I've seen Grand Central shopping center. I'm glad they retained the chewing gum covered floor from the Pallisades. £150m aut… 5 hours ago
- RT @Tringonometry: Lovely Indian food for tea with just one teensy exception: If you make it with filo pastry, you can't call it a fucking… 5 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers October 5, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 12, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 19, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Silly
The controversy over the withdrawal of the Diamond Buses 56 service from Brownhills to Walsall refuses to die down, and there’s now an online petition you can sign in support of the service and Councillor Steve Wade’s efforts to save it.
Just a quick post to highlight that friend of the blog and queen of the Brownhills Full English San Brett will be live on 2ndcityradio.net tonight (Wednesday 23rd September 2015) from 7-9pm – tune in on line at the link below.
I’m pushing this one out early as I know some folk may need time to prepare: a week today, Wednesday 30th September 2015 the Member of Parliament for Aldridge Brownhills – your MP Wendy Morton – will hold a surgery at Brownhills Activity Centre, just off the Miner Island in town, from 9am.
Continue reading →
This is just a quick note to warn people given to exploring the open spaces of the area that the deer population are getting amorous – it’s rutting time for our large brown friends, and that means one thing: the heaths around Brownhills, Clayhanger, Pelsall and Chasewater in particular are likely to be host to rather grumpy, aggressive stags guarding their female harems.
Once again, the irrepressible Kate Cardigan from the Lichfield Lore contacts me to tell me that there’s another great Lichfield Discovered event tonight organised by her informal Lichfield local history group.
Continue reading →
Just a quick post to highlight that friend of the blog and queen of the Brownhills Full English San Brett will be live on 2ndcityradio.net tonight (Wednesday 16th September 2015) from 7-9pm – tune in on line at the link below.
Following from the tipoff from Gina Young about the possible withdrawal by Diamond busses of their 56 service between Brownhills West and Birmingham, the company have confirmed the termination with the following statement issued late yesterday afternoon (Tuesday 15th September 2015):