Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 12th - Coming home late, it was raining quite hard. It... December 13, 2013
- December 12th - I spotted him on the canal towpath in Pleck,... December 13, 2013
- December 11th - Taking a short cut through the Butts (no... December 12, 2013
- December 11th - In the midst of an industrial Darlaston winter... December 12, 2013
- December 11th - The waste fridge problem continues. Spotted in... December 12, 2013
- December 10th - Walsall Wood again has a Christmas Tree that... December 11, 2013
- December 10th - If I’ve got time, when cycling to... December 11, 2013
- December 9th - After some years of the awful skeletal Christmas... December 9, 2013
- December 9th - It was a beautiful commute this morning. Heading... December 9, 2013
- December 8th - I really didn’t know what to do with these... December 8, 2013
- December 8th - Not another bloody sunset? Sorry. They are very... December 8, 2013
- beautyinbirmingham: Sunset over Fox Hollies Park in Acocks... December 8, 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- A little to the east
- Changes to local bin collections this week!
- This Saturday: Christmas magic in Brownhills!
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Old Ground
- Why not pop in to Brownhills Christmas Tree Festival?
- Bloxwich: men in tights!
- Face to face
- The mystery of The Lost Stonnall Hoard
- Car accident in Short Street, Brownhills yesterday
- 1,032,812 hits
- 2013 Aldridge Andy Dennis bike cam Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Countryside Services cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood Graham Evans history Lichfield Lichfield District Council Lichfield Mercury local blogs Local History Local politics Memories of Brownhills Past Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Ogley Hay Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Reservoir Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Social Services Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Housing Group Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Why not pop in to Brownhills Christmas Tree Festival? wp.me/pvAxA-4nZ via @BrownhillsBob 8 minutes ago
- RT @WS7weather: WS7 weather report for Hammerwich, Lichfield, Burntwood, Brownhills, Bloxwich and Pelsall areas. wp.me/p18lQi-13s 9 minutes ago
- RT @MumsnetWalsall: Goscote Christmas Market today, 10am till 1pm! tinyurl.com/mrzto4o 9 minutes ago
- RT @1GoldilocksZone: Pass the brain bleach. 17 Santa Claus Photos That Will Make Your Skin Crawl buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/1… via @BriGlndo 12 minutes ago
- RT @iampariah: BREAKING: Twitter Reverses Today's Changes, Restores Actual Blocking of Blocked Users bit.ly/1kEKVv9 12 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
- Atomic Spin
Tag Archives: Silly
Here’s an odd snippet I found in the newspaper archives whilst looking for something completely different, which as anyone who’s ever researched any local history will tell you, is generally the way all the best stuff is found.
There’s been an unfortunate RTA at Walsall Council, and it deserves as wide exposure as possible.
Andy Dennis touches on a sporting phenomena which seems to largely have lapsed: pedestrianism, to which these days, power or nordic walking would be comparable.
I know I plugged it a couple of days ago, but Walsall Park Rangers are still in need of pallets to build the bonfire for the Holland Park Fireworks event, scheduled to take place this Saturday evening Continue reading
Brownhills Bonfire & Firework Display
At Holland Park
Saturday 2rd November 2013
Enjoy our bonfire and fireworks display, food and children’s rides available
Car Park Entry off The Parade. Pedestrian Entrance is through Chester Road North & The Parade.
I’m very pleased to note that Tony Winn has been in touch again – Tony seems to be something of an expert on the Ralph Ferrie history, and has formerly contributed some fine material relating to the larger-than-life local entrepreneur.
Mike Leonard, the reader who supplied the wonderful images of The Railway Tavern and Wheatsheaf last week has done it again – this tie with two super photos.
I’ve never made any secret of the fact that I love the Black Country with all my heart – this dirty, post-industrial powerhouse of a place has been prominent throughout my life, although, technically, I live outside it. Continue reading
Some time ago, reader and Bon Viveur David Evans found this image for sale at a church fayre in Brownhills, at I believe at St James – he didn’t purchase it, but he did take a crafty snapshot.
A great spot here from Peter ‘Pedro’ Cutler regarding a report in the Lichfield Mercury of Friday, 16th August 1935.
Andy Dennis writes clearly and articulately of the planning history of the Lanes Farm/Sandhills site in light of current angst over a mooted further development – I’m still of the opinion that we’re being trolled for other reasons, but Andy raises some excellent points.