Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 27th - It’s the time of year when I dread getting stopped... July 27, 2015
- July 27th - I awoke to a better day. It was warm again and the... July 27, 2015
- July 26th - Everything was wet. Hour after hour of rain.I could... July 26, 2015
- July 26th - In heavy rain, a flotilla of swans. not far from the... July 26, 2015
- July 26th - The latest addition to the local architectural scene... July 26, 2015
- July 25th - I headed to the supermarket in Aldridge late, and a... July 26, 2015
- July 25th - There was something of the night about the... July 26, 2015
- July 24th - Noticed in Holland Park, the reships are growing... July 24, 2015
- July 24th - I came home from work through Brownhills over Anchor... July 24, 2015
- July 23rd - Oh, hi there pals. Not seen you guys for a little... July 24, 2015
- July 23rd - It may be high summer, but the wildflowers see no... July 24, 2015
- July 22nd - And near Shelfield, Grange Farm at High Heath has a... July 23, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Holland Park fun day this Wednesday - get down there with the kids!
- Where there's hope
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- Walsall Wood stumble at Pelsall, plus match and fixture updates from Bill Shaw
- Major road closes this Sunday for 7 weeks: be prepared
- A flock of sparrows
- The Cossacks of Walsall Wood
- B&M coming to Aldridge - vacancies now being advertised
- Avoiding the Red Caps with the permission of Captain Palmer
- As the dual carriageway came through
- 2,474,170 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Pelsall. If some of those people had real problems they'd shit themselves 36 minutes ago
- RT @PrimlyStable: I see @cyclingweekly has memory-holed its "sexual harassment as banter" intro. http://t.co/VWRaQXyKzV 39 minutes ago
- RT @weblefeck: @arrivamidlandsW how long are you going to keep sending 12tonne busses over the 10tonne bridge in Pelsall? @Trafficwmp 40 minutes ago
- The subtext of residential angst in this is delicious twitter.com/beaconstreetar… 41 minutes ago
- RT @ESPhotoArchive: Don't forget to do @ExpressAndStar archive survey. We need your views: expressandstar.com/news/2015/07/2… … http://t.co/XQcIZeyHGb 42 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Silly
Just a quick post to highlight that friend of the blog and queen of the Brownhills Full English San Brett will be live on 2ndcityradio.net tonight (Wednesday 22nd July 2015) from 7-9pm – tune in on line at the link below.
Just a quick post to highlight that friend of the blog and queen of the Brownhills Full English San Brett will be live on 2ndcityradio.net tonight (Wednesday 22nd July 2015) from 7-9pm – tune in on line at the link below. Continue reading →
Brownhills Councillor Steve Wade has been in touch recently on a number of local issues, and I’m very glad to see him developing an online presence and keeping us informed of stuff he’s dealing with – and I’m very grateful for the positive moves he’s made to communicate with me and the blog – there’s more to come from Steve later this week.
Just a quick post to highlight that friend of the blog and queen of the Brownhills Full English San Brett will be live on 2ndcityradio.net tonight (Wednesday 15th July 2015) from 7-9pm – tune in on line at the link below.
It’s a busy old time in Lichfield over the next few days, with The Lichfield Waterworks Trust having a stall at the Lichfield Festival Market this Saturday (4th July 2015), and Kate Cardigan’s informal Lichfield history group, Lichfield Discovered holding an informal monthly pub meeting on Tuseday evening (7th July 2015).
I like this one – over the weekend an enquiry came in from friend of the blog Gillian Gaiser, as to the location of a place she members being called Spring Nob.
Continue reading →
In the last couple of days there’s been a degree of what can only be described as panic locally and on social media about the future of Cannock Chase, Chasewater and other Staffordshire Country Parks.
I see that there Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore is has an informal local history meeting on this evening with her irreverent and fun Lichfield history group, Lichfield Discovered.