Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 18th - the weather got progressively worse, and on my... December 18, 2014
- December 18th - a half day, and chance to nip on an errand to... December 18, 2014
- December 17th - At Kings Hill, passing through on an errand, I... December 18, 2014
- December 17th - A better morning - and rather warm, it has to be... December 18, 2014
- December 16th - A grim return. I’d been in Birmingham on a... December 18, 2014
- December 16th - This huge house in Mill Green has been empty for... December 18, 2014
- December 15th - Brownhills High Street. Darkness, rain and... December 16, 2014
- December 15th - A spin around the canal up to Pelsall on the way... December 16, 2014
- December 14th - This evening, there was the annual Burntwood... December 15, 2014
- December 14th - Sadly, it seems myxomatosis has found the rabbit... December 15, 2014
- December 14th - Today, I did make it to the supermarket, and... December 15, 2014
- December 13th - An excellent sunset. I needed to pop to... December 15, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills High Street Accident - West Midlands Ambulance Service statement
- Road accident in Brownhills High Street
- Well, THAT escalated quickly...
- Police appeal for witnesses to fatal road collision in Walsall Wood
- Pensioner dies following Brownhills collision
- Road accident in Brownhills now
- The state that we are in
- Car accident in Brownhills on Saturday afternoon
- What's the Tory?
- OAP fighting for life after Walsall Wood car accident
- 1,920,243 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @brownhillsdog: Background radio news, not paying much attention. It seems Procol Haram have given up music & set about massacring peop… 36 minutes ago
- That fresh in from planet nutcase. These people have the vote, kids. 43 minutes ago
- RT @JosephOMorrow1: .@JoeCienkowski Scientific discoveries have NOTHING to do with evolution fairy tales, @rcpickett72! You're talking in t… 43 minutes ago
- RT @JosephOMorrow1: .@SemiMooch Bible knowledge is essential to ensuring that all other knowledge we discover is always put to beneficial u… 43 minutes ago
- RT @JosephOMorrow1: .@JoeCienkowski No other religious indoctrination sounds as hi-tech and intellectually appealing as #EVOLUGION, @rcpic… 43 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers December 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Shire Oak
Today, I did a deal with Walsall Wood historian and author Clive Roberts – he sent me scans of the above wonderful 1970s photo of a Walsall Wood Football Club team lineup, and said I’d happily point out that Clive’s latest book ‘Snippets of History in and around Walsall Wood’ is still available with new stock now at Egans grocery shop in Brownhills High Street.
Continue reading →
Long term reader and friend of the blog Ray Johnson sends me an email with a very, very simple enquiry, which I’m sure readers will be able to help with – can we get this misdelivered Christmas card to the right people? I suspect it may be from someone who hasn’t been here in a while.
Continue reading →
Heads up folks – here’s one I overlooked, but there’s still time to act as responses to the Sandhills Quarry inclusion in the Staffordshire New Minerals Local Plan closes on Friday 5th December 2014 – but it’s easy to respond online, and you can do it right now.
Continue reading →
A couple of weeks ago, I featured here scans of a local history book I’d unexpectedly found in a bookshop – it was a real cracker, and at the same time, a valuable and overlooked bit of Brownhills social history.
Sorry this is late, I was working on something else last night, but today, Tuesday 18th November 2014 from 10am-12noon, there’s a Walsall Council budget Consultation event in Brownhills Library at The Parkview Centre in Brownhills.
Continue reading →
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 7 of the long lost freesheet, from April 1990 for you to peruse and download. I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.