Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 1st - I noted with some curiosity that earlier that day,... March 2, 2015
- March 1st - On a distinctly un-springlike day, I headed into... March 2, 2015
- February 28th - Meanwhile, back in Brownhills, Silver Court... March 1, 2015
- February 28th - Another grey, dull day, with a worsening wind. I... March 1, 2015
- February 27th - I had to pop into Aldridge on my way home and... March 1, 2015
- February 27th - A lot of the history of Brownhills, Walsall Wood... March 1, 2015
- February 26th - Mind you, I say Birmingham is getting better at... February 28, 2015
- February 26th - In Birmingham at twilight, I was without any... February 28, 2015
- February 25th - And then there’s Kings Hill Park, too. I... February 25, 2015
- February 25th - Sorry, I won’t feature Darlaston again for... February 25, 2015
- February 24th - Little firsts are the art of getting through... February 25, 2015
- February 24th - I’ve featured this remarkable tree in... February 25, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- January 1993 - Drugs Indifference
- The estate we're in
- Woodmen draw to keep Wulf from the door...
- Not only customers, but friends
- Urgent! Distinctive motocross bike stolen from Brownhills
- Brace yourself!
- The man in the centre
- A message from Andy Penn...
- The King of Norton Canes
- As the dual carriageway came through
- 2,115,946 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers March 9, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 16, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 23, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Shire Oak
Readers who’ve been following a while will remember the search for Dennis Johnson, a dementia sufferer who went missing from Shire Oak in January, 2014 – Dennis was located a short time later in Chasetown following a huge search driven in no small way by appeals on social media. Continue reading →
I was contacted yesterday by a local lady who is very concerned and upset that her mother was conned by bogus ‘gardeners’ who claimed to have done work on her communal garden, and then charged an extortionate fee.
Janet Davies from Brownhills Community Association has been in touch, asking me if I’d share some great news about their organisation – of course, that’s no problem at all. Continue reading →
Just in case you haven’t seen it (you must have done by now, surely), the Tesco Express at Streets Corner, Walsall Wood is to close for good on March 15th 2015, as part of a closure program that will see 43 stores close across the country.
A reader living in the Commonside/Friezland Lane area of Shire Oak has been in touch with me asking to share with readers that he had his van windscreen smashed by vandals this evening (28th January 2015) at about 8:35pm as the van was parked outside his house.
Here’s an urgent appeal for a lost cat that’s come in from reader Chris Wharton, who lives at the bottom of Sandhills on the Lichfield Road near Shore Oak – his beloved ginger and white puss Charlie went out this morning and hasn’t come home.
It’s time, I’m very much afraid, to issue another warning – it seems local burglars are at is again – In the last week or so there have been shed, garage and vehicle break-ins in Shire Oak, Stonnall and Aldridge.
Continue reading →