Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 27th - Just on the canal bank between the Black Cock... August 27, 2014
- August 27th - A run out mid afternoon on an errand. I headed up... August 27, 2014
- August 26th - In the backlanes between Stonnall and Shenstone... August 26, 2014
- August 26th - Even on a grim, grey day, Wall still has a... August 26, 2014
- August 26th - The day was better, I guess, by virtue of being... August 26, 2014
- August 25th - One thing that is good about a wet ride is that it... August 26, 2014
- August 25th - A wet, miserable bank holiday Monday. This was the... August 26, 2014
- August 24th - Aside from the motorcyclists, it was a lovely ride... August 25, 2014
- August 24th - Dam wall path, Chasewater, 8:24pm. Motorbike... August 25, 2014
- August 22nd - At the back of Brickyard Road in Aldridge is a... August 24, 2014
- deantheman: A week in #walsall 23rd August 2014 August 24, 2014
- August 23rd - I had to pop into Aldridge on an errand, and so I... August 23, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Come on down to Mutt Fest!
- Odds and sods
- A gift from Brian...
- This won't hurt - Images of St. Matthews Hospital, Burntwood
- Please help: New Road, what do we know?
- In the Middle
- Down the drive at the side...
- Lorry accident in Brownhills in the 1970s - can anyone help?
- Another glimpse into the past
- Down with the kids
- 1,633,182 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @paulbradshaw: Do real names really make people nicer online? - metamedia bit.ly/1sHsv21 1 minute ago
- RT @distinctlybc: Sandwell History Day – Industry & Worship | Black Country Echoes blackcountryechoes.org.uk/ai1ec_event/in… 4 minutes ago
- RT @PlashingVole: PS. @DouglasCarswell is a rather excellent parody account, which hasn't stopped #UKIP fans congratulating him. 4 minutes ago
- RT @richardburnell: @brumpic Bloke in the flat cap looks distinctly unimpressed. ''I've had bigger shits than that.'' 4 minutes ago
- RT @stevie378: Hey, One Call Accident Management - how about educating your van crews about littering the highway. Walsall's... http://t.co… 5 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- R.E.M. – Hyena - 2011 - Remaster
- Beth Orton – Call me the Breeze
- Jesse Malin – Me and Julio Down By the School Yard
- Beth Orton – Whenever
- Tangerine Dream – A Whore in One (from the original soundtrack recording for 'Dead Solid Perfect")
- Bradley Gailey – Ah! Leah!
- New Musik – Sad Films
- Butcher Boy – Girls Make Me Sick
- Carpenters – Happy
- Matthew Sweet – Sitting Still
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market September 7, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Tag Archives: Scam
I notice in the last week or so several reports of attempted and possible distraction burglary incidents in Walsall – the most recent report seems to have occurred yesterday – please, if you have and elderly family friends or neighbours, please do advise them to take care, and never buy goods and services at the door.
Yet again, the brilliant Shire Oak group on Facebook draws my attention to crime in the area; this time a distraction burglary in Shire Oak yesterday afternoon (Friday, 25th April 2014).
The ever useful Shire Oak group on Facebook has warned again of an unpleasant and worrying house burglary in Shire Oak – I can’t help thinking these incidents seem to be on the rise of late. Continue reading →
I have been contacted by Nicky Biddlestone, Communications Officer at West Midlands Police, with a timely warning that opportunist con merchants are preying on the local senior citizens again.
Following on from last weeks post about conmen praying on the elderly by claiming to have done work, then coercing their victims to withdraw money from the bank, here’s a worrying incident sent to me by reader Rebecca, whose mother was very shaken by an attempted phone scam.
Continue reading →
I see from the excellent blog of Kevin Pitt, Walsall Community Partnerships Officer, that opportunist conmen are preying on the local senior citizens again.
Please tell your relatives and neighbours about these con men, and impress upon them how important it is not to buy from, or accept services at the door, no matter how plausible the people offering them. Genuine companies will always contact you by other means.
Yesterday I spotted this encouraging press release from Walsall Police relating to an incident on Thursday in Holly Bank, Walsall Wood. It seems officers from West Midlands Police made arrests following the alleged attempted conning of an old lady out of … Continue reading →