Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 30th - Interesting to note the cat population seems to have... July 30, 2014
- July 30th - It still seems too early to me, but it’s the... July 30, 2014
- July 29th - The harvest actually started a few days ago, but I... July 30, 2014
- July 29th - Sorry, more cygnets. I didn’t know about... July 30, 2014
- July 28th - Big dreams, he had them. Better luck next time,... July 29, 2014
- July 28th - Goscote Valley cycleway, on a summer afternoon. This... July 29, 2014
- July 27th - Brownhills High Street. Next time you hear someone... July 27, 2014
- July 27th - On Clayhanger Common, there is a thriving population... July 27, 2014
- July 27th - After a day of unexpected but nice things - a meal... July 27, 2014
- July 26th - I’ve recently discovered Darwin Park - the... July 27, 2014
- July 26th - Taking it easy with the foot, it’s clearly not... July 27, 2014
- July 25th - I nearly squished him (I assume it’s a he),... July 26, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Lady mugged in Brownhills - be on your guard!
- The Woodmen scrape past Romulus for a win
- You can't bank on it
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- Mill Road violent assault: two men appear in court
- Brownhills fatal hit run - Police issue statement
- Knifepoint mugging in Brownhills - be on your guard
- Holland Park fun day today - get down there with the kids!
- Funeral arrangements for Gareth Perrins-Seedhouse
- Brownhills lost dog - can you help?
- 1,558,767 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @steinsky: ...But I still haven't worked out my excuse for summer night rides under clear skies on deserted country A ... https://t.co/P… 2 hours ago
- RT @steinsky: I like to pretend all my cycling is pure utility. Those 120km trips over hills are for photography you see... (1/2) 2 hours ago
- RT @andrewspoooner: Personally, I don't care if Osborne hoovered up a room of cocaine and was spanked red raw, he's still a shit Chancellor. 2 hours ago
- RT @mah1002: I thought DfE docs on #Steiner schools would tell us nothing new. I was wrong. It's much worse than anybody imagined https://t… 2 hours ago
- RT @LordSkipVC: I suspect aliens watch us much like we watch chimps in suits having tea parties. 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market August 3, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
- Chasewater Strollers August 11, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers August 18, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers August 25, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market September 7, 2014 at 9:00 am – 2:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Tag Archives: Scam
Yet again, the brilliant Shire Oak group on Facebook draws my attention to crime in the area; this time a distraction burglary in Shire Oak yesterday afternoon (Friday, 25th April 2014).
The ever useful Shire Oak group on Facebook has warned again of an unpleasant and worrying house burglary in Shire Oak – I can’t help thinking these incidents seem to be on the rise of late. Continue reading →
I have been contacted by Nicky Biddlestone, Communications Officer at West Midlands Police, with a timely warning that opportunist con merchants are preying on the local senior citizens again.
Following on from last weeks post about conmen praying on the elderly by claiming to have done work, then coercing their victims to withdraw money from the bank, here’s a worrying incident sent to me by reader Rebecca, whose mother was very shaken by an attempted phone scam.
Continue reading →
I see from the excellent blog of Kevin Pitt, Walsall Community Partnerships Officer, that opportunist conmen are preying on the local senior citizens again.
Please tell your relatives and neighbours about these con men, and impress upon them how important it is not to buy from, or accept services at the door, no matter how plausible the people offering them. Genuine companies will always contact you by other means.
Yesterday I spotted this encouraging press release from Walsall Police relating to an incident on Thursday in Holly Bank, Walsall Wood. It seems officers from West Midlands Police made arrests following the alleged attempted conning of an old lady out of … Continue reading →
Another depressing press release from Walsall Police relating to a nasty incident that took place on Monday that could have been a whole lot worse. Thanks to the care and attention of the bank staff, this unfortunate Brownhills pensioner was prevented … Continue reading →
Whilst I was grumbling about urban myths being propagated by Peter Rhodes the other day, that excellent local blogger Linda Mason has crafted a fine blog post about such dissemination elsewhere. Neighbourhood watch newsletters are notorious vectors of urban myths, … Continue reading →