Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 4th - No idea what’s happened in the last couple of days,... August 5, 2015
- August 2nd - Victoria Park, Darlaston, and a sign of the... August 3, 2015
- August 2nd - Up on the Chase for the first time in ages, and I... August 3, 2015
- August 1st - Also spotted in Aldridge, this loyal old dog... August 3, 2015
- August 1st - It’s a while since I’ve been able to photograph a... August 3, 2015
- July 31st - An hour or so later, in Telford, I spotted the... August 2, 2015
- July 31st - Early morning, just after dawn, Mill Green in... August 2, 2015
- July 30th - Coming home from Shenstone, I noticed the harvest... August 2, 2015
- July 30th - Another plant mystery. Are these white currants of... July 30, 2015
- July 30th - Passing through leafy, upmarket Mill Green on the... July 30, 2015
- June 29th - Spotted on the cycleway near Telford station, this... July 29, 2015
- June 29th - Passing through New Street Station early on a sunny,... July 29, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Hare and gone
- An elocution confusion solution?
- A wonderful discovery
- The day the boiler blew
- Fault finding
- Pumping clear water
- Littleton Colliery 1912, another Battle of Orgreave?
- B&M coming to Aldridge - vacancies now being advertised
- New Hall Mill open this Sunday - come and share a hobby!
- Holland Park fun day this Wednesday - get down there with the kids!
- 2,487,569 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Sue_Woodward: Smiley Steve @BurntwoodTC as Play in Park takes off at Chase Terrace. Come & join in. Rounders soon..... http://t.co/9H5w… 8 minutes ago
- So shutting down the welfare state and throwing money at charities instead is a crapshoot. Who knew? 11 minutes ago
- Seb Coe: a lot of rancour there. Hmmm. 15 minutes ago
- RT @wolvesparkies: Today there is a summer crafts drop in session (minibeasts) at 10am at Northycote Farm and Country Park,... http://t.co/… 18 minutes ago
- Sat out back on an IBC, sun on@my back eating bacon and eggs with scruff. We're all like... http://t.co/NEZN2cvR9b 4 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers August 10, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers August 17, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers August 24, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Save
Things seem to be going a bit awry at Walsall Council of late.
I notice from a report in yesterday’s Walsall Express & Star that park rangers in Walsall will be cut in April 2013 from 23 to 10 posts. This is despite a theoretically ongoing ‘budget consultation’, and totally contrary to statements made to Linda Mason and Roger Jones, of Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services, by Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
In all the debate about the greenspace in Walsall, and the approach of our civic leaders towards this valuable asset, one comment made by a reader here stuck in many minds. I personally found it jarring, and somewhat misguided.
The post was Spirit of the Greenwood, and the comment went as follows:
Following the protest on Monday, 19th November outside the Council House in Walsall, lead members of the Save Walsall’s Greenspace and Country Services Group, Linda Mason and Roger Jones attended a meeting with Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
Nice to see a good turnout last night for the Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services Group protest vigil at the Council House, where a meeting of the Council was taking place. Following publicity throughout the Walsall online community, and much hard work on the part of concerned protestors, it’s becoming clear that the message is getting through to our elected representatives.
Continue reading →
There’s a great post up now on the blog of the campaign to Save Walsalls Green Spaces and Countryside Services. This is the subject I’ve been banging on about so much recently.
Written by Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, and featuring his artwork, the post is a wonderful expression of the aims and urgency of the group.
Continue reading →