Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 9th - At Sittles, north of Whittington, a surprise.... March 10, 2014
- March 9th - I passed through Lichfield on a bright, warm, sunny... March 10, 2014
- March 8th - On the former railway embankment that is now a cycle... March 10, 2014
- March 8th - Out late at sunset, and only time for a short loop... March 10, 2014
- madoldbaggage: A beautiful sunny spring afternoon spent at... March 9, 2014
- March 7th - A great afternoon, although the wind was still very... March 7, 2014
- March 7th - After the despondency of the previous day, spring... March 7, 2014
- deantheman: 7th March 2014 A week in Walsall. March 7, 2014
- March 6th - Out for the evening and returning late, the streets... March 7, 2014
- March 6th - The spring evaporated today. On the way home, it... March 7, 2014
- Hi Browhill Bob, I'm emailing from Yahoo News UK and I was wondering if I could please use your picture of Redditch Church in a slideshow I'm compiling for the site? You will be fully credited. Thanks March 7, 2014
- March 5th - It wasn’t until I hopped on the canal at the... March 6, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,184,497 hits
- 2013 Aldridge Andy Dennis Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood Graham Evans history home Lichfield Lichfield District Council Lichfield Mercury local blogs Local History Local politics Memories of Brownhills Past Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Ogley Hay Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Reservoir Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Housing Group Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @laura25_star: Hearing of an accident along Avon Road in Cannock outside Asda. Police and ambulance at the scene. We have a reporter goi… 16 minutes ago
- RT @WMPolice: APPEAL - Valuable war medals including the Victoria Cross, Burma Star and Queen's Gallantry Medal have been stolen - http://t… 20 minutes ago
- RT @iZaach_x: Getting lost in Birmingham looking for a corner shop in brownhills was effort!!! 33 minutes ago
- RT @PlashingVole: PLEASE stop knitting jumpers for penguins! boingboing.net/2014/03/06/the… 1 hour ago
- RT @PaulSandars: "@dailypostwales: Rhyl Sun Centre and Prestatyn Nova to close 'immediately': bit.ly/1aDZiB2" @stevezacharanda 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
Tag Archives: Save
Things seem to be going a bit awry at Walsall Council of late.
I notice from a report in yesterday’s Walsall Express & Star that park rangers in Walsall will be cut in April 2013 from 23 to 10 posts. This is despite a theoretically ongoing ‘budget consultation’, and totally contrary to statements made to Linda Mason and Roger Jones, of Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services, by Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
In all the debate about the greenspace in Walsall, and the approach of our civic leaders towards this valuable asset, one comment made by a reader here stuck in many minds. I personally found it jarring, and somewhat misguided.
The post was Spirit of the Greenwood, and the comment went as follows:
Following the protest on Monday, 19th November outside the Council House in Walsall, lead members of the Save Walsall’s Greenspace and Country Services Group, Linda Mason and Roger Jones attended a meeting with Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
Nice to see a good turnout last night for the Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services Group protest vigil at the Council House, where a meeting of the Council was taking place. Following publicity throughout the Walsall online community, and much hard work on the part of concerned protestors, it’s becoming clear that the message is getting through to our elected representatives.
Continue reading →
There’s a great post up now on the blog of the campaign to Save Walsalls Green Spaces and Countryside Services. This is the subject I’ve been banging on about so much recently.
Written by Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, and featuring his artwork, the post is a wonderful expression of the aims and urgency of the group.
Continue reading →