Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 19th - Up on the north heath at Chasewater, something rather... May 19, 2013
- May 19th - A busy day at Chasewater. Linda Mason had posted some... May 19, 2013
- May 18th - A late evening run to the supermarket, and one of the... May 19, 2013
- May 18th - I’m hoping a linesman or electrical engineer... May 19, 2013
- May 17th - Interesting to note that the Wakeboarding company who... May 18, 2013
- May 17th - Spring wends onward, despite somewhat indifferent... May 18, 2013
- May 16th - Spring is here, too, at the verges, hedgerows and... May 17, 2013
- May 16th - A day without rain, for me at least, and quite... May 17, 2013
- May 15th - It was a dreadful commute on the way to the station... May 15, 2013
- May 15th - Today, I went to Redditch for the first time in more... May 15, 2013
- May 14th - Shire Oak Hill is a very old adversary. There’s... May 14, 2013
- May 14th - Grim ride home. The morning wasn’t bad, but... May 14, 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- 762,183 hits
TagsBrownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Mike Bird New Photos Old maps Panoramio planning Politics Pubs Redevelopment Reservoir Shire Oak Silly Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
- RT @RogerQuimbly: Ruthless Wainwright #aggressivehomosexuals 28 minutes ago
- RT @mrchrisaddison: OH MY GOD! THE AGGRESSIVE HOMOSEXUAL COMMUNITY IS AT MY DOOR WITH THE MOST DARLING LITTLE FLAMING TORCHES. 45 minutes ago
- RT @PrimlyStable: I spent much of the weekend being chased through the streets by hordes of aggressive homosexuals intent on gay-marrying m… 46 minutes ago
- RT @gary_hughes: I'd like to make it clear to Sir Gerald Howarth that I'm part of the 'aggressive homosexual community' and I'm going to la… 46 minutes ago
- RT @AdamBienkov: Tory MP Gerald Howarth referring to members of "the aggressive homosexual community" #equalmarriage 46 minutes ago
Blogs I Follow
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
- Atomic Spin
- POLICE INSPECTOR BLOG
- Common People: news for Pelsall
- The Clayhanger Review
- Brownhills Barry's Blog
Tag Archives: Save
Things seem to be going a bit awry at Walsall Council of late.
I notice from a report in yesterday’s Walsall Express & Star that park rangers in Walsall will be cut in April 2013 from 23 to 10 posts. This is despite a theoretically ongoing ‘budget consultation’, and totally contrary to statements made to Linda Mason and Roger Jones, of Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services, by Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
In all the debate about the greenspace in Walsall, and the approach of our civic leaders towards this valuable asset, one comment made by a reader here stuck in many minds. I personally found it jarring, and somewhat misguided.
The post was Spirit of the Greenwood, and the comment went as follows:
Following the protest on Monday, 19th November outside the Council House in Walsall, lead members of the Save Walsall’s Greenspace and Country Services Group, Linda Mason and Roger Jones attended a meeting with Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
Nice to see a good turnout last night for the Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services Group protest vigil at the Council House, where a meeting of the Council was taking place. Following publicity throughout the Walsall online community, and much hard work on the part of concerned protestors, it’s becoming clear that the message is getting through to our elected representatives.
Continue reading →
There’s a great post up now on the blog of the campaign to Save Walsalls Green Spaces and Countryside Services. This is the subject I’ve been banging on about so much recently.
Written by Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, and featuring his artwork, the post is a wonderful expression of the aims and urgency of the group.
Continue reading →