Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 21st - A horrid, horrid day. Laden with a cold, the... September 22, 2014
- September 20th - Must have passed this garden backing onto the... September 22, 2014
- September 20th - Things were still grey and the air quality... September 22, 2014
- September 19th - After a languid Indian summer, the sudden dull,... September 22, 2014
- September 19th - There seems to be a lot of work going on with... September 22, 2014
- madoldbaggage: Wasn’t sure that my camera would be able to do... September 21, 2014
- September 18th - From the Indian, back to the Indian summer.... September 19, 2014
- September 18th - Ah, Walsall. In how many ways do I love thee? I... September 19, 2014
- September 17th - Recently on Facebook there was some concern... September 19, 2014
- September 17th - The Indian summer continues. It’s very... September 19, 2014
- September 16th - We’re in a real Indian summer at the... September 16, 2014
- September 16th - There’s a shop opened up in the former... September 16, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Stepping out - can you help Chasewater Strollers grow?
- Plan for 200 new homes in central Brownhills approved
- Serious accident between car and horse drawn cart near Stonnall
- When the engines roared at Wharf Lane
- Paint it black
- Shire Oak to be refurbished
- Road accident in Brownhills now
- Rare black swan seen at Chasewater
- Ghosts on tape
- Walsall Wood FC v Dunkirk FC away this afternoon!
- 1,688,089 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Go @wellings351 >> RT @walsallmeetings: Mr Wellings now speaking about that petition and the impact an increase would have #fcsept22 22 minutes ago
- RT @leciz: If only I'd taken my tripod http://t.co/TT0IWYsU5L 22 minutes ago
- RT @mindgifts: Mindful Gifts launches 'This is My Life' book #dementia chariti.org.uk/post/mindful-g… … 23 minutes ago
- RT @walsallmeetings: Over 1,500 signatures on that petition presented on behalf of Walsall Junior Football League #fcsept22 25 minutes ago
- RT @girlonthenet: My response to someone who tells me feminism is 'man hating' is the same as my response to someone telling me that cheese… 33 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Joni Mitchell – Big Yellow Taxi - LIVE
- Joni Mitchell – You Turn Me on I'm a Radio - live
- Joni Mitchell – Shadows And Light
- Joni Mitchell – Sweet Bird
- Joni Mitchell – Harry's House/Centerpiece
- Joni Mitchell – The Boho Dance
- Joni Mitchell – The Hissing Of Summer Lawns
- Joni Mitchell – Shades Of Scarlett Conquering
- Joni Mitchell – Don't Interrupt The Sorrow
- Joni Mitchell – Edith And The Kingpin
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Save
Things seem to be going a bit awry at Walsall Council of late.
I notice from a report in yesterday’s Walsall Express & Star that park rangers in Walsall will be cut in April 2013 from 23 to 10 posts. This is despite a theoretically ongoing ‘budget consultation’, and totally contrary to statements made to Linda Mason and Roger Jones, of Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services, by Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
In all the debate about the greenspace in Walsall, and the approach of our civic leaders towards this valuable asset, one comment made by a reader here stuck in many minds. I personally found it jarring, and somewhat misguided.
The post was Spirit of the Greenwood, and the comment went as follows:
Following the protest on Monday, 19th November outside the Council House in Walsall, lead members of the Save Walsall’s Greenspace and Country Services Group, Linda Mason and Roger Jones attended a meeting with Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
Nice to see a good turnout last night for the Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services Group protest vigil at the Council House, where a meeting of the Council was taking place. Following publicity throughout the Walsall online community, and much hard work on the part of concerned protestors, it’s becoming clear that the message is getting through to our elected representatives.
Continue reading →
There’s a great post up now on the blog of the campaign to Save Walsalls Green Spaces and Countryside Services. This is the subject I’ve been banging on about so much recently.
Written by Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, and featuring his artwork, the post is a wonderful expression of the aims and urgency of the group.
Continue reading →