Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 20th - Oh my goodness this is clever, but I’ve... October 21, 2014
- October 20th - I had to pop into Walsall Wood on my way home, so... October 21, 2014
- October 19th- a busy, fraught and not terribly productive day, I... October 20, 2014
- October 18th - Certainly seeing that family with five cygnets... October 20, 2014
- October 18th - In Pelsall to meet a pal for lunch, I spotted the... October 20, 2014
- October 17th - I came back from Shenstone just as darkness was... October 20, 2014
- October 17th - The morning commute was damp, and a little... October 20, 2014
- October 16th - I’ve come to the conclusion there’s... October 20, 2014
- October 16th - The patch of grass near Anchor Bridge in... October 20, 2014
- October 15th - I returned to Brownhills late in the afternoon... October 16, 2014
- October 15th - I passed through Churchbridge on the A5 between... October 16, 2014
- October 14th - Even on the dullest, wettest days this autumn has... October 16, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Stolen Landrover - please keep an eye out, folks
- Building your new transport network... in 1974
- Wood 'n' heart - a new book out now!
- Chasewater: here's why the water is low
- Walsall Wood own Sphinx
- A Christmas market for Brownhills?
- Brownhills Bonfire 2014 - can you help with pallets?
- Hunting Lodge
- Inn for a treat
- 1,747,296 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @YoloBirder: @SittingByTheSea @BrownhillsBob @PaulThomas992 Thanks Tim. Glad someone realised ;) 38 minutes ago
- RT @SittingByTheSea: @YoloBirder @BrownhillsBob @PaulThomas992 Ah! I see you went for Upupa epops marginata. The Madagascan Hoopoe. You've … 38 minutes ago
- Must leave the Pelsall group alone tonight. Moron ahoy. 57 minutes ago
- RT @historyweird: 1822: A Scottish man spends 47 years with a brass curtain ring encrusted into the base of his penis. http://t.co/l1zQGiBi… 1 hour ago
- Glad I'm not for once, solidarity >> RT @charlie_spotted: Everyone, hands up if you're stuck on a train! #DisruptionClub 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Weatherwood – Tourner a Trois
- Weatherwood – Medley: Ramblin' Pitchfork, Top O' Cork Road, Morrison's Jig
- Weatherwood – Planxty George Brabazon
- Weatherwood – Ice Fall
- Weatherwood – Planxty Fanny Power
- Weatherwood – Medley: Bear Canyon Jig, Scatter The Mud
- Weatherwood – Medley: Gentle Maiden, The Ember And The Flame
- Weatherwood – Medley: Elzic's Farewell, June Apple
- Weatherwood – Late Night, Pole Line Road
- Weatherwood – Dusty Windowsills/Out on the Ocean
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Sandfields
The campaign to save Sandfields Pumping Station in Lichfield for the community continues to garner support. Local historian and activist Dave Moore has been putting heart and soul into this for some months now, and he’d like as many people as possible to get involved.
Continue reading →
I’m going to share here an absolutely astounding image donated by Brownhills Local History researcher in exile Gerald Reece, which is sure to create some debate – I’m going to be brief, as I feel it’s best.
Continue reading →
I see that there Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore is going from strength to strength with her informal and fun Lichfield local history group, Lichfield Discovered. This evening, (Monday, 14th July 2014) the group will be staging a talk about … Continue reading →
I’ve been contacted by Sandfields Pumping Station champion and local historian Dave Moore, who’s looking for some help with his next project – readers will remember that Dave worked hard with Brownhills activist Brian Stringer to create an audiobook of Brian’s ‘Clayhanger Kid’ books, and has also made some remarkable video, too.
Continue reading →
The campaign to save Sandfields Pumping Station in Lichfield for the community continues to garner support – local historian and activist Dave Moore has been putting heart and soul into this for some months now, and he’d like as many people as possible to get involved.
This Sunday morning (15th June 2014 at 11:00am), there’s going to be a rather excellent event put on by Lichfield Discovered, a side project of Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore – a walk along the line of the great, legendary and hotly debated Hanch Tunnel.
The campaign to save Sandfields Pumping Station in Lichfield for the community continues apace – local historian and activist Dave Moore has been putting heart and soul into this for ages now, and he’d like as many people as possible to get involved.
Continue reading →