Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 25th - And then there’s Kings Hill Park, too. I... February 25, 2015
- February 25th - Sorry, I won’t feature Darlaston again for... February 25, 2015
- February 24th - Little firsts are the art of getting through... February 25, 2015
- February 24th - I’ve featured this remarkable tree in... February 25, 2015
- February 23rd - On a factory wall in Darlaston, a plaque... February 24, 2015
- February 23rd - A harsh day to ride to work into the wind. It... February 24, 2015
- February 22nd - I returned to Brownhills on a bike with a... February 23, 2015
- February 22nd - The weather was vile. Windy, with rain and snow... February 23, 2015
- February 21st - The weather really couldn’t make up its... February 21, 2015
- February 21st - a blustery, squally Saturday, and I had errands... February 21, 2015
- February 20th - When one talks about the excellent architecture... February 21, 2015
- February 19th - Snatched quickly whilst stopped at the lights,... February 20, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- In memoriam: Dennis Johnson
- Things that went bump in the night
- Chasewater Railway Winter Steam Gala this weekend
- The parachutist, the helicopter and the Brownhills daredevil
- Millie the cat returns safe and well!
- December 1992 - Governors respond
- Andy Penn's charity skydive: fundraiser this Friday at the Shoulder of Mutton!
- Bogus gardeners conning the elderly in Brownhills - be vigilant
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Let's have a butchers...
- 2,109,520 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Quads_Of_War: @BrownhillsBob in all fairness the cycling emperor is naked a fair amount of the time 48 minutes ago
- RT @jonhickman: I can now get thai food delivered. I'm now like Two Face in _Arkham Asylum_, I'm being gently freed from binary Friday nigh… 50 minutes ago
- RT @YouthOfWalsall: UKYP Big Announcement - 9206 votes have been counted this year and Bullying will be the new campaign for the next UKYP … 1 hour ago
- the only valid response to that arseflappery is http://t.co/BmMUFnxiDc 1 hour ago
- The cycling Emporer is stark, bollock naked again. Sigh. cranktip.com 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Elton John – Burn Down The Mission
- Elton John – Talking Old Soldiers
- Elton John – Amoreena
- Elton John – Love Song
- Elton John – Where To Now St. Peter?
- Elton John – My Father's Gun
- Elton John – Son Of Your Father
- Elton John – Country Comfort
- Elton John – Come Down In Time
- Elton John – Ballad Of A Well-Known Gun
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Sandfields
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch with a tipoff of yet another free Lichfield Discovered talk tomorrow morning (Tuesday, 24th February 2015) at Curborough Community Centere, Lichfield, from 10am until 12 noon.
It’s really getting busy for top local history wonks Dave Moore, Chris Pattison and their Freinds of Sandfields Pumping Station campaign group, who seem to be really getting somewhere with this fantastic Victorian edifice; not only has their attention prompted the fixing of the roof recently, but the listing status of the building is now under review too.
Continue reading →
The campaign to save Sandfields Pumping Station in Lichfield for the community continues to garner support. Local historian and activist Dave Moore has been putting heart and soul into this for some months now, and he’d like as many people as possible to get involved.
Continue reading →
I’m going to share here an absolutely astounding image donated by Brownhills Local History researcher in exile Gerald Reece, which is sure to create some debate – I’m going to be brief, as I feel it’s best.
Continue reading →
I see that there Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore is going from strength to strength with her informal and fun Lichfield local history group, Lichfield Discovered. This evening, (Monday, 14th July 2014) the group will be staging a talk about … Continue reading →
I’ve been contacted by Sandfields Pumping Station champion and local historian Dave Moore, who’s looking for some help with his next project – readers will remember that Dave worked hard with Brownhills activist Brian Stringer to create an audiobook of Brian’s ‘Clayhanger Kid’ books, and has also made some remarkable video, too.
Continue reading →
The campaign to save Sandfields Pumping Station in Lichfield for the community continues to garner support – local historian and activist Dave Moore has been putting heart and soul into this for some months now, and he’d like as many people as possible to get involved.