Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 1st - Coming through Walsall early evening was oddly... December 2, 2015
- November 30th - Telford, early in the rain. Not quite fully... December 2, 2015
- November 30th - New Street again, but early morning feelings... December 1, 2015
- November 29th - I returned to Brownhills via the cycleway and... December 1, 2015
- November 29th - An early afternoon loop up to Chasewater of a... December 1, 2015
- November 28th - back in Brownhills later that afternoon, during... December 1, 2015
- November 28th - Saturday was a much better day. i had an errand... December 1, 2015
- November 27th - In Telford, the skies westwards were foreboding,... December 1, 2015
- November 27th - Passing through New Street mid day, I was again... December 1, 2015
- November 26th - After the wet, grey and unpleasant morning, it... November 26, 2015
- November 26th - Spotted in a works bike rack, this fine steed. A... November 26, 2015
- November 26th - Yet another wet, miserable commute, and I feel I... November 26, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- A kindly gentleman...
- Due south
- Do you know the Perrett family?
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- It was different before it all changed
- Eighteen years later
- The pride of the community
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Diamonds and dust
- Walsall Wood 1871 Inclosure
- 2,793,233 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @No1LindaMason: Down with recruitment agencies ! - The Sturdy Soapbox sandalsandsocks.typepad.com/soapbox/2015/1… 5 hours ago
- RT @theaardvark: In 2002 / 2003 I was pro-invading Iraq. I believe strongly now that I was wrong & that I was mislead by Govt. I won't make… 5 hours ago
- RT @DripFedFred666: Can anyone explain to me how a military on a 25+ year losing streak is suddenly going to bring home silverware? Please? 5 hours ago
- RT @rosshawkes: Top effort from the @bhameastside team to get runner up in the Guardian Student Media Awards. Ace work from the @bcumedia #… 5 hours ago
- RT @AmberNadinic: Abby and her whiskers with Levi doing a #photobomb https://t.co/plM2vqZNXs 5 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers December 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers December 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers December 21, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Rushall
As usual, I’m a bit late to the party with this but this is a very important announcement for anyone who was a member of, or is interested in the marching bands so popular in our area that were huge from the 1930s onwards, but particularly in the 60s-90s.
Walsall Police Response unit report on twitter that Crystal has been found safe and well.
I’ve just spotted this one from friends of the blog Linda Mason (and others) – there’s a canal festival today at Longwood basin, just off the Aldridge Road between Aldridge and Walsall.
Continue reading →
Long-term readers will remember well friend of the blog Wendy Jones, who donated so much material to the blog – both in the form of photos of the area before the mM6 Toll came through, and her main interest, the history of local marching bands, particularly the Burntwood Blue Birds Jazz Band.
Here’s a quick ride cam for the people out there who enjoy them – I know Trevor in Aus will like this one, as where he is, they don’t get much snow.
Continue reading →
Just a quick post here to spark a few memories for long time pub-goers in the local area – Shaun Treadwell has kindly dropped me a line with these excellent images which I just had to share.
Continue reading →
Walsall Wood FC were away at Rocester yesterday afternoon (Saturday, 11th October 2014), and were somewhat sadly, roundly trounced by the boys from JCB.
Continue reading →