Because you’re free to read this blog
- June 30th - Looking almost frosted on the warmest day of the... July 1, 2015
- June 30th - There’s a Matt Smith fan in Darlaston - what else... July 1, 2015
- June 29th - Intrigued and saddened to see the Four Crosses pub... June 30, 2015
- June 29th - I’m loving the orchids this year - they seem to have... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: I saw this friendly chap in the garden of a cottage I... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: My post morning jog view. June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Later in the day, I had to run into Aldridge on an... June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Feeling better, and a trundle to Brownhills... June 29, 2015
- June 27th - Spotted by the canalside, growing from the... June 29, 2015
- June 27th - I was suffering with both a dodgy stomach and bad... June 29, 2015
- June 26th - Back near Lower Stonnal, a noxious assault of a... June 27, 2015
- June 26 - I’ve not had to go to Telford for ages, and was... June 27, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- 2015 Walsall Wood Family Fit 'n' Fun Day this Saturday
- The end and the beginning
- Chartered flight
- The Royal Oak, Bullings Heath: Explorations in local history
- Get with the programme: Brownhills Carnival 1939
- A working man
- Walsall Wood 1871 Inclosure
- Catch San Brett live on the radio tonight - live from Brownhills!
- Pictures from the 2015 Brownhills Canalside Festival
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- 2,410,842 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @nurse_w_glasses: Good point .. #EqualMarriage http://t.co/SaEnDDN30p 1 hour ago
- RT @urbancyclist: "So ugly it's cute?" polaroidblipfoto.com/entry/20630621… See my new daily photo on #polaroid #blipfoto 1 hour ago
- RT @AwwwwCats: My girlfriend just got a new kitten. She sent me this photo. http://t.co/EwMI6d5ziD 1 hour ago
- 2015 Walsall Wood Family Fit 'n' Fun Day this Saturday wp.me/pvAxA-6Gh via @brownhillsbob 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers July 6, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 13, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Royal Exchange
The above wonderful outing photograph – thought to be from the mid 1920s has been sent in by reader Pat Wilcox – and I think will be of great interest to John and Paul Anslow, Anne Cross and other followers of that thread.
Last week, I posted the first part of a remarkable article by Susan M Luzy about the history of the families connected with the Royal Echange pub in Walsall Wood – this unassuming, but well-loved pub has been the subject of much local historical study, and since the first part of this article was posted, local historians have turned up some remarkable material which Andy Dennis, David Evans and a whole host others are working on in the background.
The subject of the Royal Echange pub in Walsall Wood, and the families who were connected with it, continues to be the subject of much local historical study – in fact, I don’t think any other pub or building, apart from perhaps The Shire Oak Pub that has generated so much local historical interest.
I’m pleased to note the intriguing and rich history of the Royal Exchange pub in Walsall Wood continues to develop and evolve – regular readers will recall that Ann Cross and David Evans did much work to document life at the local hostelry, Ann Cross in particular writing some wonderful accounts of her family’s involvement.
Here’s one to get the researchers and detectives amongst the readership scratching their heads – let’s see what we can turn up, as this is quite unusual and I think there’s some history to be found here
Following her comments here, reader and local history enthusiast Ann Cross recently accepted my invitation to write about her family history at the Royal Exchange pub in Walsall Wood. When I suggested that she might like to write up her work, I could tell that Ann had a great story to tell, and would tell it very well indeed. I wasn’t disappointed, and the first instalment was incredibly popular with readers of the blog.