Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 13th - I whizzed up to Walsall Wood in the morning on... September 13, 2014
- September 12th - Conkers, by the shedload. The tree in Festival... September 13, 2014
- September 12th - I needed to pop into Lichfield, so I rushed... September 13, 2014
- September 11th - Less charming than the sunflower, but... September 12, 2014
- September 11th - In Darlaston Green, a sight to bring joy to the... September 11, 2014
- September 11th - I only went and forgot the camera again. This... September 11, 2014
- September 10 - Riding home along Green Lane between Shelfield... September 11, 2014
- September 10th - I’m not on form this week, not even... September 11, 2014
- September 9th - As I rode home along the canal through Walsall... September 9, 2014
- September 9th - This is bothering me. On the border between... September 9, 2014
- September 8th - I hit Birmingham again mid afternoon. I was... September 9, 2014
- September 8th - I was in Droitwich for a meeting. I quite like... September 9, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Ravens Court - Something is happening, but what?
- Tool burglary in Clayhanger: did you see these lads?
- Did you know the late Thomas Williams?
- Living on the skyline
- When the dam burst
- Buried dreams
- You can't polish a turd
- The Red, White and Blue: what do you know?
- High on the hill - Go somewhere you've never been today!
- Pity the poor landlord
- 1,670,701 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- See the parody accounts are restive this morning 28 minutes ago
- RT @Phones4U_: @AldiCustCare How does FUCK OFF sound ? 28 minutes ago
- RT @Ian_Brooker: @AnnaKarenina92 @LadyMercia @WomenDefyUKIP UKIP hates politicians, hates debates, hates people who disagree. That's anti d… 29 minutes ago
- RT @rubyetc: do people get up early to milk the almonds? 29 minutes ago
- Moron du jour: twitter.com/DeepSearch17/s… 30 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Jenny Scheinman – The Mite
- Jenny Scheinman – July Tenth in Three Four
- Jenny Scheinman – Ali Farka Touche
- Jenny Scheinman – The Audit
- Jenny Scheinman – Devil's Ink
- Jenny Scheinman – Sand Dipper
- Jenny Scheinman – A Ride With Polly Jean
- The 5th Dimension – Never My Love
- The 5th Dimension – California Soul
- The 5th Dimension – Save The Country
- Chasewater Strollers September 15, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Royal Exchange
Last week, I posted the first part of a remarkable article by Susan M Luzy about the history of the families connected with the Royal Echange pub in Walsall Wood – this unassuming, but well-loved pub has been the subject of much local historical study, and since the first part of this article was posted, local historians have turned up some remarkable material which Andy Dennis, David Evans and a whole host others are working on in the background.
The subject of the Royal Echange pub in Walsall Wood, and the families who were connected with it, continues to be the subject of much local historical study – in fact, I don’t think any other pub or building, apart from perhaps The Shire Oak Pub that has generated so much local historical interest.
I’m pleased to note the intriguing and rich history of the Royal Exchange pub in Walsall Wood continues to develop and evolve – regular readers will recall that Ann Cross and David Evans did much work to document life at the local hostelry, Ann Cross in particular writing some wonderful accounts of her family’s involvement.
Here’s one to get the researchers and detectives amongst the readership scratching their heads – let’s see what we can turn up, as this is quite unusual and I think there’s some history to be found here
Following her comments here, reader and local history enthusiast Ann Cross recently accepted my invitation to write about her family history at the Royal Exchange pub in Walsall Wood. When I suggested that she might like to write up her work, I could tell that Ann had a great story to tell, and would tell it very well indeed. I wasn’t disappointed, and the first instalment was incredibly popular with readers of the blog.