Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 28th - Meanwhile, back in Brownhills, Silver Court... March 1, 2015
- February 28th - Another grey, dull day, with a worsening wind. I... March 1, 2015
- February 27th - I had to pop into Aldridge on my way home and... March 1, 2015
- February 27th - A lot of the history of Brownhills, Walsall Wood... March 1, 2015
- February 26th - Mind you, I say Birmingham is getting better at... February 28, 2015
- February 26th - In Birmingham at twilight, I was without any... February 28, 2015
- February 25th - And then there’s Kings Hill Park, too. I... February 25, 2015
- February 25th - Sorry, I won’t feature Darlaston again for... February 25, 2015
- February 24th - Little firsts are the art of getting through... February 25, 2015
- February 24th - I’ve featured this remarkable tree in... February 25, 2015
- February 23rd - On a factory wall in Darlaston, a plaque... February 24, 2015
- February 23rd - A harsh day to ride to work into the wind. It... February 24, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- January 1993 - Drugs Indifference
- Brace yourself!
- Urgent! Distinctive motocross bike stolen from Brownhills
- In memoriam: Dennis Johnson
- The estate we're in
- Woodmen draw to keep Wulf from the door...
- Not only customers, but friends
- Chasewater Railway Winter Steam Gala this weekend
- A lost line
- The King of Norton Canes
- 2,115,428 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @i_am_mill_i_am: A spray-painted Jonathan Meades on side of a #Whitstable bungalow? Here you go. http://t.co/mfzYb8vpq8 11 minutes ago
- RT @PaulSandars: 66 days to the General Election..only a vote for #labour can save the #NHS and save Britain. 35 minutes ago
- RT @ChrisWorsey: @Sue_Woodward Thanks Sue, our team will keep working hard on the ground while Mr Fabricant puts his feet up and watches Ho… 37 minutes ago
- RT @MrMarkFairhurst: Monday tomorrow http://t.co/jdPHLfqbUl 37 minutes ago
- RT @SaveBurntwood: Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend! Tomorrow (Monday) you have a playgroup at Boney Hay or a playgroup at... http://… 42 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Renaissance – Kalynda (A Magical Isle)
- Renaissance – Secret Mission
- Renaissance – Forever Changing
- Renaissance – Golden Key
- Renaissance – Only Angels Have Wings
- The Pretenders – Fast or Slow (The Law's the Law)
- The Pretenders – 2000 Miles - 2007 Remastered Version
- The Pretenders – I Hurt You - 2007 Remastered Version
- The Pretenders – Thin Line Between Love And Hate - 2007 Remastered Version
- The Pretenders – My City Was Gone - 2007 Remastered Version
- Chasewater Strollers March 9, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 16, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 23, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Roger Jones
I’ve had in a great contribution from a chap who’s been a friend of the blog for as long as I’ve been writing it – Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones – on the subject of early bicycles, which arose from the image of F. Bradbury recently supplied by John and Paul Anslow.
Continue reading →
Things seem to be going a bit awry at Walsall Council of late.
I notice from a report in yesterday’s Walsall Express & Star that park rangers in Walsall will be cut in April 2013 from 23 to 10 posts. This is despite a theoretically ongoing ‘budget consultation’, and totally contrary to statements made to Linda Mason and Roger Jones, of Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services, by Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
In all the debate about the greenspace in Walsall, and the approach of our civic leaders towards this valuable asset, one comment made by a reader here stuck in many minds. I personally found it jarring, and somewhat misguided.
The post was Spirit of the Greenwood, and the comment went as follows:
Following the protest on Monday, 19th November outside the Council House in Walsall, lead members of the Save Walsall’s Greenspace and Country Services Group, Linda Mason and Roger Jones attended a meeting with Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
Nice to see a good turnout last night for the Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services Group protest vigil at the Council House, where a meeting of the Council was taking place. Following publicity throughout the Walsall online community, and much hard work on the part of concerned protestors, it’s becoming clear that the message is getting through to our elected representatives.
Continue reading →
There’s a great post up now on the blog of the campaign to Save Walsalls Green Spaces and Countryside Services. This is the subject I’ve been banging on about so much recently.
Written by Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, and featuring his artwork, the post is a wonderful expression of the aims and urgency of the group.
Continue reading →
Just a quick note of thanks and appreciation to top local historian and decent bloke Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, who has taken the time to post Arthur Burton’s military records on Flickr so all concerned can inspect them. Roger obtained them … Continue reading →