Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 4th - Fully loaded with shopping, I pottered back, becoming... July 5, 2015
- July 4th - Independence day, but sadly not from work. To my... July 5, 2015
- July 3rd - I was wiped out. I’d had to sit on the floor all the... July 5, 2015
- July 3rd - As readers who follow me elsewhere will know, I have... July 5, 2015
- July 2nd - I cycled home in steady, warm rain - but the... July 2, 2015
- July 2nd - In Darlaston, a gentle precipitation; sweet-smelling,... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - Also on the canal, near Bentley Mill Way, flowering... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - The Pleck swans were cool in the heat this morning,... July 2, 2015
- June 30th - Looking almost frosted on the warmest day of the... July 1, 2015
- June 30th - There’s a Matt Smith fan in Darlaston - what else... July 1, 2015
- June 29th - Intrigued and saddened to see the Four Crosses pub... June 30, 2015
- June 29th - I’m loving the orchids this year - they seem to have... June 29, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Cars in the park - On now and tomorrow
- It's all kicking off in Lichfield!
- September 1995 - Walsall Wood FC up in flames!
- Rosie's walk and festival tomorrow!
- That didn't go to plan... or did it?
- Does anyone know where Spring Nob is?
- Pictures from the 2015Waslall Wood Family fit 'n' fun day
- On now - 2015 Walsall Wood Family Fit 'n' Fun Day
- Bettered its manners
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- 2,417,953 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- So apart from being technically bested by a nine year old, today we cycled, and filmed bunnehs. And got wet. 26 minutes ago
- 'Wasn't he?' 'No. He's not very good with computers and things but he's brilliant at all the other stuff so it doesn't matter. Mum does it' 47 minutes ago
- So, we press the WPS buttons and everything works. 'Mummy worked it out when daddy was swearing at our new printer. Daddy wasn't very happy' 48 minutes ago
- 'Is it?' 'Yes. See this button here? Press this and then the one on the printer. It all sets itself up.' 49 minutes ago
- I'm frigging around with it, grumbling, and little one breezes in from the kitchen 'It's easy' 'Yeah?' 'Yes, it's BT like at home.' 50 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Megalopolis
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Fram
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Somnium
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Misty Moses
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Sunday Neurosis
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Torito
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – The Soundmaker
- Calexico – Miles from the Sea
- Calexico – Cumbia de Donde
- Calexico – Tapping on the Line
- Chasewater Strollers July 6, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 13, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Roger Jones
I’ve had in a great contribution from a chap who’s been a friend of the blog for as long as I’ve been writing it – Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones – on the subject of early bicycles, which arose from the image of F. Bradbury recently supplied by John and Paul Anslow.
Continue reading →
Things seem to be going a bit awry at Walsall Council of late.
I notice from a report in yesterday’s Walsall Express & Star that park rangers in Walsall will be cut in April 2013 from 23 to 10 posts. This is despite a theoretically ongoing ‘budget consultation’, and totally contrary to statements made to Linda Mason and Roger Jones, of Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services, by Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
In all the debate about the greenspace in Walsall, and the approach of our civic leaders towards this valuable asset, one comment made by a reader here stuck in many minds. I personally found it jarring, and somewhat misguided.
The post was Spirit of the Greenwood, and the comment went as follows:
Following the protest on Monday, 19th November outside the Council House in Walsall, lead members of the Save Walsall’s Greenspace and Country Services Group, Linda Mason and Roger Jones attended a meeting with Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
Nice to see a good turnout last night for the Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services Group protest vigil at the Council House, where a meeting of the Council was taking place. Following publicity throughout the Walsall online community, and much hard work on the part of concerned protestors, it’s becoming clear that the message is getting through to our elected representatives.
Continue reading →
There’s a great post up now on the blog of the campaign to Save Walsalls Green Spaces and Countryside Services. This is the subject I’ve been banging on about so much recently.
Written by Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, and featuring his artwork, the post is a wonderful expression of the aims and urgency of the group.
Continue reading →
Just a quick note of thanks and appreciation to top local historian and decent bloke Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, who has taken the time to post Arthur Burton’s military records on Flickr so all concerned can inspect them. Roger obtained them … Continue reading →