Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 7th - I was right about the rain and fungus. At the... October 7, 2015
- October 7th - After the last couple of days of wet, grey... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - Traffic. Tell me when my red light turns green. I... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - Also looking good in the autumn colour is church... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - A terribly grey morning, spotting with rain and I... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - It’s nice to see a local pub coming back from the... October 6, 2015
- 4th October - And finally, watch out if you’re riding along the... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - The fly agaric are a bit thin on the ground this... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - I have no idea what his name was, but this young... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - A considerably different day, the sun was again... October 5, 2015
- October 3rd - The old railway between Pelsall and Brownhills... October 5, 2015
- October 3rd - A short recovery ride over to Clayhanger Marsh and... October 5, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Walsall Wood Remembrance Parade - what a mess!
- Back of the net! Brian Stringer's latest book on sale now!
- June 1990 - Avenues fight on
- Woodmen make short shrift of Shifnal
- 56 bus service: Travel West Midlands to fill the gap
- Funeral arrangements for Michael Cater
- Have you seen Benny the cat?
- Brownhills United 1974-5: Athletic figures and groovy hairstyles
- November 1995 - Grandad's a hero (and here's when the story ends)
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- 2,649,094 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @sy968: @Alltheway80s we had 2 independant record shops in brownhills . Used to save up my pocket money to buy records from them 6 hours ago
- RT @ABoreReactions: When you're listening to the new Chvrches record and there's a song where they give lead vocal to one of the blokes htt… 6 hours ago
- 'Voices From Chernobyl' Author Svetlana Alexievich Wins Lit Nobel - Slashdot news.slashdot.org/story/15/10/08… 7 hours ago
- Analog devices - not dead (@thestymaster) hackaday.com/2015/10/08/how… 7 hours ago
- RT @pezholio: Top trolling from Bournemouth Council twitter.com/FOIMonkey/stat… 10 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers October 12, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 19, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 26, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Reservoir
I note that Chasewater Railway volunteer, local blogger and top chap John Daft has issued an appeal on the railway museum blog to call for donations or copies of any press cuttings or pictures relating to the project that the public may have in their possession.
For some time now I’ve been promoting the brilliant parent and toddler walking and social group that takes place weekly at Chasewater – Chasewater Strollers, who continue to grow in number and last week got back to normal business at St. Anne’s in Chasetown.
Continue reading →
An interesting event is taking place this Saturday, 26th September 2015 at Chasewater, where the Chase Sailing Club (that’s the one on the north shore) will be sailing 60 or more boats to celebrate six decades afloat at the reservoir.
Continue reading →
Just a quick heads up that this Sunday (20th September 2015), there’s to be an Autumn Fair at Chasewater – it runs from 12 noon until 4pm and features a variety of craft and food stalls for all to enjoy.
This is just a quick note to warn people given to exploring the open spaces of the area that the deer population are getting amorous – it’s rutting time for our large brown friends, and that means one thing: the heaths around Brownhills, Clayhanger, Pelsall and Chasewater in particular are likely to be host to rather grumpy, aggressive stags guarding their female harems.
I’ve had a few enquiries overnight as to what happened on the M6 Toll last night (Saturday, 12th September 2015), just near the Pool Lane Bridge at Chasewater; access to the motorway was closed for a while in the evening.
Come to Aldridge, have a look at the vehicles and a go on our childrens activities, then a free bus to Chasewater Railway and a ride on a train before another bus ride back to Aldridge AMRTM – Museum Open from 10am First bus from Shenstone Drive at 11.30