Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 30th - Once you get used to the idea (and it does take... October 1, 2014
- September 29th - I’d nipped into Birmingham on what seemed... October 1, 2014
- September 28th - On a decaying tree stump near the canal just by... September 29, 2014
- September 28th - Up on the Chase on a balmy, sunny afternoon... September 29, 2014
- September 27th - Having visited the farm shop, returned via... September 28, 2014
- September 27th - Spotted as I was passing in Flats Lane,... September 28, 2014
- Septemver 27th - I’ve been passing this odd, low... September 28, 2014
- September 26th - Another great sky as I nipped down into... September 27, 2014
- September 26th - I nipped over to Burntwood to get some shopping... September 27, 2014
- September 25th - I spotted this by change in Butlers Passage,... September 27, 2014
- September 25th - Spotted in darkest Wednesbury whilst nipping... September 27, 2014
- Setember 24th - My return from Walsall an hour or so later was... September 27, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Oy'll save ya, bab...
- Going down a bomb
- The lights that shone bright in the Blackout
- Men of the underground
- What lies beneath
- Your invitation to... An Evening with Gordon Banks QBE
- Meanwhile, over in Brownhills West...
- It's a special occasion - get on your Sunday best!
- Signs of life
- 1974: A death at Chasewater. What do you know?
- 1,701,995 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @CatLadyRach: People on benefits- why don't you get a job as a champagne bottle opener for the conservative party? should be plenty of o… 12 minutes ago
- RT @CatLadyRach: People on benefits shouldn't have anything. They should eat gruel and live in cardboard boxes.Oh wait, cardboard is a luxu… 13 minutes ago
- RT @CatLadyRach: Oh I forgot people on benefits aren't actually humans they are scum that you wipe off your shoe. 13 minutes ago
- RT @CatLadyRach: You can't save for you childs birthday with a benefits card 13 minutes ago
- RT @PaulThomas992: @MarkAvery @MarkCocker2 LATEST SIGHTINGS:Window shopping motability scooters for my mum. See House Sparrow in showroom. … 14 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Helplessly Hoping
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Shadow Captain
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Suite: Judy Blue Eyes
- Stephen Stills – Love The One You're With [1970 Demo]
- Graham Nash – Chicago [1970 Demo]
- David Crosby & Stephen Stills – Long Time Gone [1968 Demo]
- Stephen Stills – Singing Call [1970 Demo]
- David Crosby, Neil Young & Graham Nash – Music Is Love [1970 Demo]
- Graham Nash – Be Yourself [1971 Demo]
- Stephen Stills – My Love Is A Gentle Thing [1968 Demo]
- Chasewater Strollers October 6, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 13, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 20, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Redevelopment
There’s an interesting sale currently up on eBay – I’d go for it myself, but suspect the film that’s up for sale would probably be better going into the hands of enthusiasts of motorbike scrambling.
Way back in April this year, I first noted the consultation and plan to finally redevelop the wasteland in Brownhills that was once Silver Court Gardens, the notorious tenement maisonette estate that was demolished in 2004, into over 100 dwellings.
Following my post recently concerning some great maps sent to me by Bruce Littley, reader, friend of the blog and top local allotment whiz Steve Hames has been in touch with some great images of the path of the former Cannock Extension Canal which was pictured in the Aerofilms image in the post.