Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 22nd - Spotted in Darlaston after a tipoff by [Howmuch?]... October 23, 2014
- October 22nd - In the offices of Smarm, Smarm, Bignob and... October 22, 2014
- October 21st - I was lamenting a couple of days ago that the... October 22, 2014
- October 21st - A dreadful wind and threatening rain menaced me... October 22, 2014
- October 20th - Oh my goodness this is clever, but I’ve... October 21, 2014
- October 20th - I had to pop into Walsall Wood on my way home, so... October 21, 2014
- October 19th- a busy, fraught and not terribly productive day, I... October 20, 2014
- October 18th - Certainly seeing that family with five cygnets... October 20, 2014
- October 18th - In Pelsall to meet a pal for lunch, I spotted the... October 20, 2014
- October 17th - I came back from Shenstone just as darkness was... October 20, 2014
- October 17th - The morning commute was damp, and a little... October 20, 2014
- October 16th - I’ve come to the conclusion there’s... October 20, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking the ground
- Walsall Wood Councillor Mike Flower to stand down at next election
- Walsall Wood in Wonderland...
- Stolen Landrover - please keep an eye out, folks
- All hands to the pump!
- The Rovers return...
- Brownhills Bonfire 2014 - can you help with pallets?
- At silly mid on
- A Christmas market for Brownhills?
- 1,751,788 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @richjohnstone_: @BrownhillsBob youtu.be/pY6S2TzytVY >> advice to the working classes - READ. Always be aware of who’s using you. Neve… 5 minutes ago
- RT @richjohnstone_: @BrownhillsBob the party conference was farcical. “Luxury goods tax!!” Farage: “eh? Errrm. No!”. Total shambling shit s… 13 minutes ago
- RT @PaulbernalUK: #AskNigelFarage Do you know the way to San Jose? Or is it too foreign? 17 minutes ago
- RT @stevie378: Stormy skies over Rushall Canal . . . . fb.me/3qiFiHQ0E 23 minutes ago
- RT @jpublik: In 1605, Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the Establishment. These days, Guido Fawkes is organising dinners for it http://t.co/hhR6… 27 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- George Winston – Eight Five Five
- George Winston – Treat Street
- George Winston – A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
- George Winston – Monterey
- George Winston – The Great Pumpkin Waltz
- George Winston – Linus & Lucy
- George Winston – Skating
- George Winston – Cast Your Fate To The Wind
- George Winston – The Red Baron
- George Winston – Theme to Grace/Lament
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Pubs
The young David Evans has kindly alerted me last week to a new history book on Walsall Wood, written by local author Clive Roberts who’s a lifelong Walsall Wood mon™, local historian and occasional contributor to the blog.
Just a heads up on some local taking points I’ve had buzzing around for a couple of days now – A few readers including David Evans and Martin Littler have pointed out the longstanding Ravens Court cafe The Acroplolis seems to have closed down.
Continue reading →
Don’t forget that this Saturday (6th September 2014) there’s a great music and entertainment charity event at the Shoulder of Mutton pub in Church Road, Brownhills.
Continue reading →
Reader and great freind of the blog Tony Jakeman has been in touch to ask if I can plug this event – West Midlands Hedgehog Rescue have an open day planned at The White Horse Pub, Cheslyn Hay this Saturday, 6th September 2014 from 12 noon until 4pm.
Local lady Susan Matthews has been in touch to ask if I’d let you readers know that there’s a great music and entertainment charity event coming up a week on Saturday (6th September 2014) at the Shoulder of Mutton pub in Church Road in Brownhills.
Continue reading →
Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore has asked if I could let readers know about her historical pub crawl of Lichfield, taking place tonight at 7:00pm, 11th August 2014 – the walk meets in the Market Square outside St Mary’s, and is free to participants.
There has been a fair amount of dismay and disbelief locally in response to the decision of Barclays Bank to close their branch in Brownhills, which will apparently cease trading on Friday, 24th October 2014.