Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 23rd - It seems Staffordshire County Council -... November 24, 2014
- November 23rd - A run out on errands late morning was shrouded... November 24, 2014
- November 22nd - Despite occasional heavy showers, it was a... November 22, 2014
- November 22nd - I had to nip to Aldridge in the afternoon, and... November 22, 2014
- November 21st - Thank goodness it’s Friday. Another... November 22, 2014
- November 21st - After rain in the night, I rode past the old... November 22, 2014
- November 20th - In Kings Hill Park in Darlaston, there’s a... November 22, 2014
- 20th November - Still clinging on, and looking handsome despite... November 22, 2014
- My name is Aiden and I am a Cyclist. November 20, 2014
- November 19th - I forget every year how good Telford’s... November 20, 2014
- November 19th - Heading out at dawn for a meeting in Telford,... November 20, 2014
- November 18th - I tried an experiment tonight, but it... November 19, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- A lesson in local history
- The Pride of Brownhills, restored
- Your chance to meet a local history legend next Friday!
- Did any of you know Alan John Pickering?
- Hednesford Road hit and run: John Thomason sentenced
- August 1990 - How much longer must we wait for some action?
- Woodmen thrash beleagured Causeway
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Urgent: Please help find missing Brownhills teenager
- 1,864,027 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Unnamedinsider: Buy food for hungry families from the @TrussellTrust list and @tescos will add 30%! This lot cost me less than £40 htt… 41 minutes ago
- RT @WalsallCouncil: Thank you to everyone who responded to our appeal for information about the relatives of Alan John PIckering. http://t.… 43 minutes ago
- RT @ExpressandStar: Micro brewery unveils extra special Christmas brews. expressandstar.com/editors-picks/… http://t.co/MmYAdnmq5Y 43 minutes ago
- RT @distinctlybc: In 1952, James Moore - a councillor in Rowley Regis wrote this ode to the Rowley Hills facebook.com/distinctlyblac… 43 minutes ago
- herb vodka. What kind of arsehattery is that? 45 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: pub
Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore has asked if I could let readers know about her historical pub crawl of Lichfield, taking place tonight at 7:00pm, 11th August 2014 – the walk meets in the Market Square outside St Mary’s, and is free to participants.
Deputy Manager of Brownhills Pub Smithys Forge, Matt Folan, has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place there next Monday (May 26th 2014) from 12-6pm – that’s the Smithys Forge Pub in Lichfield Road, Brownhills, just off the Miner Island.
Local chap and friend of the blog Andy Sawyer has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place tomorrow (May 4th 2014) at the Shire Oak pub (or Top Oak), on the Chester Road, Brownhills.
Local chap and friend of the blog Andy Sawyer has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place next Sunday (May 4th 2014) at the Shire Oak pub (or Top Oak), on the Chester Road, Brownhills.
The Ogley Square slum was indeed cleared – and as can be seen today – the area of Catshill and Ogley Hay around it became the site of huge social housing development – however, the site of the Square itself became the location of a new pub..
I note that over on Panoramio, Brownhills George is continuing his patient work, assembling a great collection of historic Brownhills images – I thought is was about time I featured the latest ones here, as they’re absolutely remarkable, and haven’t got many views yet.
Continue reading →
Here’s one to get the researchers and detectives amongst the readership scratching their heads – let’s see what we can turn up, as this is quite unusual and I think there’s some history to be found here
Continue reading →