Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 20th - I came back up through Longdon and Farewell as I... December 20, 2014
- December 20th - Today, today was great. I had a Christmas errand... December 20, 2014
- December 19th - Also on my commute, the gorse (or is it broom?)... December 20, 2014
- December 19th - I don’t know why I think this, but I... December 20, 2014
- December 18th - the weather got progressively worse, and on my... December 18, 2014
- December 18th - a half day, and chance to nip on an errand to... December 18, 2014
- December 17th - At Kings Hill, passing through on an errand, I... December 18, 2014
- December 17th - A better morning - and rather warm, it has to be... December 18, 2014
- December 16th - A grim return. I’d been in Birmingham on a... December 18, 2014
- December 16th - This huge house in Mill Green has been empty for... December 18, 2014
- December 15th - Brownhills High Street. Darkness, rain and... December 16, 2014
- December 15th - A spin around the canal up to Pelsall on the way... December 16, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Peter Giovanni Pelari - A beautiful tribute
- Caught in time
- A lost line
- Diamonds and dust
- Road accident in Brownhills High Street
- Pensioner dies following Brownhills collision
- Brownhills High Street Accident - West Midlands Ambulance Service statement
- June 1991 - Is the waiting nearly over?
- It's the season, innit?
- Kirby's mud diggers bury The Wood
- 1,930,137 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @TheMediaTweets: It feels like we're surely nearing the season finale of long running political farce 'UKIP'... http://t.co/SbgMiSqVi1 18 minutes ago
- RT @GazzaRepublic: China Chef in Chasetown - Food Safety Star Rating | Ratemyplace - No stars ratemyplace.org.uk/inspections/ch… 41 minutes ago
- RT @FiveSpiresLive: Great to cycle home in daylight today #WinterSolsticePlus . I did leave work at 1pm though. 44 minutes ago
- Nick Griffin tries to lay the Glasgow incident on Islamic extremism. Glasgee responds with customary restraint http://t.co/qVh2hXZLME 1 hour ago
- RT @Welshtabby: What an odious piece of shit Nick Griffin is, using a tragedy to suit his own agenda. #georgesquare facebook.com/BritishUnity/p… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: pub
Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore has asked if I could let readers know about her historical pub crawl of Lichfield, taking place tonight at 7:00pm, 11th August 2014 – the walk meets in the Market Square outside St Mary’s, and is free to participants.
Deputy Manager of Brownhills Pub Smithys Forge, Matt Folan, has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place there next Monday (May 26th 2014) from 12-6pm – that’s the Smithys Forge Pub in Lichfield Road, Brownhills, just off the Miner Island.
Local chap and friend of the blog Andy Sawyer has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place tomorrow (May 4th 2014) at the Shire Oak pub (or Top Oak), on the Chester Road, Brownhills.
Local chap and friend of the blog Andy Sawyer has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place next Sunday (May 4th 2014) at the Shire Oak pub (or Top Oak), on the Chester Road, Brownhills.
The Ogley Square slum was indeed cleared – and as can be seen today – the area of Catshill and Ogley Hay around it became the site of huge social housing development – however, the site of the Square itself became the location of a new pub..
I note that over on Panoramio, Brownhills George is continuing his patient work, assembling a great collection of historic Brownhills images – I thought is was about time I featured the latest ones here, as they’re absolutely remarkable, and haven’t got many views yet.
Continue reading →
Here’s one to get the researchers and detectives amongst the readership scratching their heads – let’s see what we can turn up, as this is quite unusual and I think there’s some history to be found here
Continue reading →