Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 30th - This has me flummoxed, and quite, quite furious to... August 30, 2014
- August 29th - Never seen anything quite like this before. I was... August 30, 2014
- August 28th - Although summer is drawing to a close, some... August 29, 2014
- August 28th - A bit of a strange day. I wasn’t planning on... August 29, 2014
- August 27th - Just on the canal bank between the Black Cock... August 27, 2014
- August 27th - A run out mid afternoon on an errand. I headed up... August 27, 2014
- August 26th - In the backlanes between Stonnall and Shenstone... August 26, 2014
- August 26th - Even on a grim, grey day, Wall still has a... August 26, 2014
- August 26th - The day was better, I guess, by virtue of being... August 26, 2014
- August 25th - One thing that is good about a wet ride is that it... August 26, 2014
- August 25th - A wet, miserable bank holiday Monday. This was the... August 26, 2014
- August 24th - Aside from the motorcyclists, it was a lovely ride... August 25, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills School Awards Day, November 1988
- Shed burglaries in Shire Oak overnight: did you see anything?
- Urgent - wallet lost in Brownhills
- Walsall Wood battle Stafford Rangers in FA Cup match this afternoon
- Come on down to Mutt Fest!
- Looking for D.I. Sims?
- What's this stuff about, then?
- The class of 64?
- A gift from Brian...
- Aldridge Charity Cricket Match and Barbecue this afternoon!
- 1,638,585 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market September 7, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Tag Archives: pub
Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore has asked if I could let readers know about her historical pub crawl of Lichfield, taking place tonight at 7:00pm, 11th August 2014 – the walk meets in the Market Square outside St Mary’s, and is free to participants.
Deputy Manager of Brownhills Pub Smithys Forge, Matt Folan, has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place there next Monday (May 26th 2014) from 12-6pm – that’s the Smithys Forge Pub in Lichfield Road, Brownhills, just off the Miner Island.
Local chap and friend of the blog Andy Sawyer has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place tomorrow (May 4th 2014) at the Shire Oak pub (or Top Oak), on the Chester Road, Brownhills.
Local chap and friend of the blog Andy Sawyer has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place next Sunday (May 4th 2014) at the Shire Oak pub (or Top Oak), on the Chester Road, Brownhills.
The Ogley Square slum was indeed cleared – and as can be seen today – the area of Catshill and Ogley Hay around it became the site of huge social housing development – however, the site of the Square itself became the location of a new pub..
I note that over on Panoramio, Brownhills George is continuing his patient work, assembling a great collection of historic Brownhills images – I thought is was about time I featured the latest ones here, as they’re absolutely remarkable, and haven’t got many views yet.
Continue reading →
Here’s one to get the researchers and detectives amongst the readership scratching their heads – let’s see what we can turn up, as this is quite unusual and I think there’s some history to be found here
Continue reading →