Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 21st - I was lamenting a couple of days ago that the... October 22, 2014
- October 21st - A dreadful wind and threatening rain menaced me... October 22, 2014
- October 20th - Oh my goodness this is clever, but I’ve... October 21, 2014
- October 20th - I had to pop into Walsall Wood on my way home, so... October 21, 2014
- October 19th- a busy, fraught and not terribly productive day, I... October 20, 2014
- October 18th - Certainly seeing that family with five cygnets... October 20, 2014
- October 18th - In Pelsall to meet a pal for lunch, I spotted the... October 20, 2014
- October 17th - I came back from Shenstone just as darkness was... October 20, 2014
- October 17th - The morning commute was damp, and a little... October 20, 2014
- October 16th - I’ve come to the conclusion there’s... October 20, 2014
- October 16th - The patch of grass near Anchor Bridge in... October 20, 2014
- October 15th - I returned to Brownhills late in the afternoon... October 16, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Stolen Landrover - please keep an eye out, folks
- Chasewater: here's why the water is low
- Wood 'n' heart - a new book out now!
- Building your new transport network... in 1974
- The Rovers return...
- Walsall Wood own Sphinx
- A Christmas market for Brownhills?
- Brownhills Bonfire 2014 - can you help with pallets?
- Be vigilant: Nasty burglary in Brownhills last Sunday
- 1,747,815 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Some fresh drool there from the yank loon fringe 4 hours ago
- RT @FR_Newbrough: Christians voting for Democrats is like Jews supporting Nazis. #Crazy 4 hours ago
- RT @FR_Newbrough: Too many assertions concerning evolution are no more provable than a made up fairy tale. 4 hours ago
- RT @FR_Newbrough: If you have no definitive testable evidence it's not science it's faith. Much of science is faith today yet looks down on… 4 hours ago
- RT @TrinAndTonic: I like how Twitter keeps telling me to import my contacts. "Twitter is better with friends!" DONT YOU KNOW TWITTER IS WH… 4 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: pub
Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore has asked if I could let readers know about her historical pub crawl of Lichfield, taking place tonight at 7:00pm, 11th August 2014 – the walk meets in the Market Square outside St Mary’s, and is free to participants.
Deputy Manager of Brownhills Pub Smithys Forge, Matt Folan, has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place there next Monday (May 26th 2014) from 12-6pm – that’s the Smithys Forge Pub in Lichfield Road, Brownhills, just off the Miner Island.
Local chap and friend of the blog Andy Sawyer has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place tomorrow (May 4th 2014) at the Shire Oak pub (or Top Oak), on the Chester Road, Brownhills.
Local chap and friend of the blog Andy Sawyer has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place next Sunday (May 4th 2014) at the Shire Oak pub (or Top Oak), on the Chester Road, Brownhills.
The Ogley Square slum was indeed cleared – and as can be seen today – the area of Catshill and Ogley Hay around it became the site of huge social housing development – however, the site of the Square itself became the location of a new pub..
I note that over on Panoramio, Brownhills George is continuing his patient work, assembling a great collection of historic Brownhills images – I thought is was about time I featured the latest ones here, as they’re absolutely remarkable, and haven’t got many views yet.
Continue reading →
Here’s one to get the researchers and detectives amongst the readership scratching their heads – let’s see what we can turn up, as this is quite unusual and I think there’s some history to be found here
Continue reading →