Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 27th - I again returned via Walsall Wood, but unlike... November 28, 2014
- November 27th - A difficult day. I had to dash back from Walsall... November 28, 2014
- November 26th - A dreadfully weary, damp homeward commute in... November 27, 2014
- November 26th - Getting more than my fair share of wet commutes... November 27, 2014
- November 25th - Further on, near Bentley Bridge, a narrowboat... November 27, 2014
- November 25th - It was a bright, frosty and hazy morning, but... November 27, 2014
- November 24th - I’m never sure what to make of this.... November 24, 2014
- November 24th - A gorgeous, frosty winter morning. I had a call... November 24, 2014
- November 23rd - It seems Staffordshire County Council -... November 24, 2014
- November 23rd - A run out on errands late morning was shrouded... November 24, 2014
- November 22nd - Despite occasional heavy showers, it was a... November 22, 2014
- November 22nd - I had to nip to Aldridge in the afternoon, and... November 22, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- October 1990 - Wake up Brownhills - does anyone care?
- Howdles Lane convenience store saved!
- Just William
- Snapshots of a family
- Gerald Reece talk: on tonight!
- Lose, and you're in the drink!
- Serious road accident in Shelfield last night
- September 1990 - Vandals & dumpers causing problems on old track bed
- OAP fighting for life after Walsall Wood car accident
- More than just a grocer...
- 1,871,725 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @lisamummytoalfi: Victorian day at Watling Street Brownhills! The boys look ace. http://t.co/SUoSNX0Y0k 4 hours ago
- RT @WMPolice: We need your help to trace a car following a shooting at a #Birmingham hairdressers. More here: ow.ly/F2ziI 5 hours ago
- RT @No1LindaMason: Did you know that there was a bus appeals body? No, nor me. bususers.org/complaints/how… 8 hours ago
- RT @distinctlybc: "Was a good day when Bolton court was knocked down, but the whole of St marks road would be better flattened" https://t.c… 8 hours ago
- RT @ffolliet: I cuddled a baby for the whole ward round as he was sad. I win Friday 8 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: pub
Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore has asked if I could let readers know about her historical pub crawl of Lichfield, taking place tonight at 7:00pm, 11th August 2014 – the walk meets in the Market Square outside St Mary’s, and is free to participants.
Deputy Manager of Brownhills Pub Smithys Forge, Matt Folan, has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place there next Monday (May 26th 2014) from 12-6pm – that’s the Smithys Forge Pub in Lichfield Road, Brownhills, just off the Miner Island.
Local chap and friend of the blog Andy Sawyer has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place tomorrow (May 4th 2014) at the Shire Oak pub (or Top Oak), on the Chester Road, Brownhills.
Local chap and friend of the blog Andy Sawyer has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place next Sunday (May 4th 2014) at the Shire Oak pub (or Top Oak), on the Chester Road, Brownhills.
The Ogley Square slum was indeed cleared – and as can be seen today – the area of Catshill and Ogley Hay around it became the site of huge social housing development – however, the site of the Square itself became the location of a new pub..
I note that over on Panoramio, Brownhills George is continuing his patient work, assembling a great collection of historic Brownhills images – I thought is was about time I featured the latest ones here, as they’re absolutely remarkable, and haven’t got many views yet.
Continue reading →
Here’s one to get the researchers and detectives amongst the readership scratching their heads – let’s see what we can turn up, as this is quite unusual and I think there’s some history to be found here
Continue reading →