Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 16th - We’re in a real Indian summer at the... September 16, 2014
- September 16th - There’s a shop opened up in the former... September 16, 2014
- stevieboy378: Total silence, apart from the birdsong. This... September 16, 2014
- September 15th - Returning to Birmingham via Snow Hill station,... September 15, 2014
- September 15th - I spent the afternoon in Droitwich. This piece... September 15, 2014
- September 14th - Back up on Cannock Chase for the first time in... September 15, 2014
- September 14th - The boating lake at Chasewater has been drained... September 15, 2014
- September 13th - I whizzed up to Walsall Wood in the morning on... September 13, 2014
- September 12th - Conkers, by the shedload. The tree in Festival... September 13, 2014
- September 12th - I needed to pop into Lichfield, so I rushed... September 13, 2014
- September 11th - Less charming than the sunflower, but... September 12, 2014
- September 11th - In Darlaston Green, a sight to bring joy to the... September 11, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Scouting out the history
- Cyclist hurt in Brownhills incident
- Plane bizarre
- Ravens Court - Something is happening, but what?
- When the dam burst
- Tool burglary in Clayhanger: did you see these lads?
- High hopes...
- Living on the skyline
- Did you know the late Thomas Williams?
- The Red, White and Blue: what do you know?
- 1,674,015 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @TakeThatScience: I've been around creationists all my life. But I've never actually met someone who openly talks about #chemtrails 30 minutes ago
- RT @TakeThatScience: ChemTrails is a branch of pseudoscience I wasn't very familiar with until a few months ago. #OpChemtrails 30 minutes ago
- RT @lek_black: #chemtrails #OpChemtrails #leicester stop spraying my house you vermin http://t.co/rmX4zyMQMp 30 minutes ago
- Enlightened commentary on the David Cameron's Facebook post about immigration. Nobody moderating this shite then? twitpic.com/ebr8so 1 hour ago
- #365daysofbiking Suffused: ift.tt/1u4sV3c 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Lemon Jelly – ‘75 aka Stay With You
- Lemon Jelly – Nice Weather For Ducks
- Lemon Jelly – Space Walk
- Lemon Jelly – Soft
- Lemon Jelly – Nice Weather for Ducks (radio edit)
- Lemon Jelly – Return to Patagonia
- Lemon Jelly – Pushy
- Lemon Jelly – Space Walk (Radio Edit)
- Lemon Jelly – The Fruity Track
- Lemon Jelly – Rolled
- Chasewater Strollers September 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: pub
Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore has asked if I could let readers know about her historical pub crawl of Lichfield, taking place tonight at 7:00pm, 11th August 2014 – the walk meets in the Market Square outside St Mary’s, and is free to participants.
Deputy Manager of Brownhills Pub Smithys Forge, Matt Folan, has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place there next Monday (May 26th 2014) from 12-6pm – that’s the Smithys Forge Pub in Lichfield Road, Brownhills, just off the Miner Island.
Local chap and friend of the blog Andy Sawyer has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place tomorrow (May 4th 2014) at the Shire Oak pub (or Top Oak), on the Chester Road, Brownhills.
Local chap and friend of the blog Andy Sawyer has asked me to plug the Family Fun Day set to take place next Sunday (May 4th 2014) at the Shire Oak pub (or Top Oak), on the Chester Road, Brownhills.
The Ogley Square slum was indeed cleared – and as can be seen today – the area of Catshill and Ogley Hay around it became the site of huge social housing development – however, the site of the Square itself became the location of a new pub..
I note that over on Panoramio, Brownhills George is continuing his patient work, assembling a great collection of historic Brownhills images – I thought is was about time I featured the latest ones here, as they’re absolutely remarkable, and haven’t got many views yet.
Continue reading →
Here’s one to get the researchers and detectives amongst the readership scratching their heads – let’s see what we can turn up, as this is quite unusual and I think there’s some history to be found here
Continue reading →