Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 21st - Laburnum, or golden chain is one of the most... May 22, 2015
- May 20th - I’m intrigued by these deep yellow poppies, which... May 21, 2015
- May 20th - I had reservations about the fate of the Kings Hill... May 21, 2015
- May 19th - Most of the day, the weather was dynamic. Sun, rain,... May 19, 2015
- May19th - I set off in reasonable weather. The coos of Jockey... May 19, 2015
- May 18th - At Clayhanger on the canal, in a much more temperate... May 19, 2015
- May 18th - Ah, so commence the annual cygnet search. On the way... May 19, 2015
- May 17th - Only a short ride today, as my stomach was bad and I... May 18, 2015
- May 16th - Everybody go home, I’ve found the king of the... May 18, 2015
- May 16th - Second day running with a decent ride, although the... May 18, 2015
- May 15th - I was pleased to note while in Birmingham that a... May 18, 2015
- May 15th - Springtime canal cycling. I got 99 problems, and most... May 18, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Travellers pitch up at Oak Park
- Great news - missing Walsall teenager found safe and well
- Urgent police appeal: Please help find missing Walsall teenager
- Walsall Woodstock 2015 - a free spirit
- Aldridge Cinema - come see Big Hero 6 this afternoon!
- Oak Park: this doesn't smell right
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- Join the adventure - try Scouting this Saturday!
- Walsall Woodstock two day music festival this weekend!
- Bogus caller cons elderly lady out of £280 - be on your guard!
- 2,312,486 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @lee_malpass: @BrownhillsBob Mario Lanza AJW has paid a visit to Brownhills today http://t.co/yy2MxWqjtB 10 minutes ago
- Wee One overtaken by a lad her age who she met at the next break 'I passed you!' He gloated 'I was watching the view' she replied 'not you.' 13 minutes ago
- Wfor the stats heads, we're about 28 miles in for her, about 69 for me. Average about 10.8 moving 15 minutes ago
- 'Some cyclists wear tight shorts, Pickle.' Explains aunty 'well, they shouldn't. It's horrid when you're eating.' 17 minutes ago
- So there he is, shorts so tight you can see his religion. Wee One 'why's he not wearing trousers? I can see his thing. It's horrid!' 18 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers May 25, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Politics
Sue Arnold, losing parliamentary candidate for Walsall South would like to graciously thank the residents there for all the votes, and isn’t bitter at all that sitting MP Valerie Vaz increased her majority – some could read Sue’s thank you message as a dire warning that they’ve made the wrong decision, but I’m sure that’s an unfortunate ambiguity.
Continue reading →
Well, Walsall politics is never dull and following the surprise routing of Labour nationally, despite strong performance from their local Parliamentary candidates, Walsall Council swung back within reach of the Conservatives following the local election count this afternoon.
It’s been a long night – it’s now 5:30am – late for even me – and I’m off for a kip – it’s been a tough night for lefties, but I was pleased to see David Winnick hold onto his seat in Walsall North, which saw a very harsh campaign.
Continue reading →
Look, I’ll not beat around the bush – it’s general and local elections today and you can’t possibly have missed this fact – It’s been one of the nastiest, most closely fought campaigns in my living memory, and very probably represents the end of two party politics in the UK as we know it.
Here’s a great thing from Russell Smith, the human dynamo behind the very successful Aldridge Community Cinema project – Russell has organised a hustings for the Aldridge-Brownhills parliamentary constituency, where candidates to be our next MP have been invited to attend and take questions from members of the public.
Continue reading →
Here’s a great thing from Russell Smith, the human dynamo behind the very successful Aldridge Community Cinema project – Russell has decided to organise a hustings for the Aldridge-Brownhills parliamentary constituency, where candidates to be our next MP have been invited to attend and take questions from members of the public.
Here’s a really nice thing that caught my attention yesterday – fellow local blogger for Clayhanger Marsh and hero of mine (whose mail I must get around to answering, sorry) Chaz Mason has written something wonderful and very, very engaging.