Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 3rd - I was quite lucky with this, too; also handheld. The... March 3, 2015
- March 3rd - Cold, windy. Horrid journeys to work, fast and fun... March 3, 2015
- March 2nd - Spotted in Darlaston in Victoria Park - is that a... March 3, 2015
- March 2nd - Fiddling with a next camera. After a brief... March 3, 2015
- March 1st - I noted with some curiosity that earlier that day,... March 2, 2015
- March 1st - On a distinctly un-springlike day, I headed into... March 2, 2015
- February 28th - Meanwhile, back in Brownhills, Silver Court... March 1, 2015
- February 28th - Another grey, dull day, with a worsening wind. I... March 1, 2015
- February 27th - I had to pop into Aldridge on my way home and... March 1, 2015
- February 27th - A lot of the history of Brownhills, Walsall Wood... March 1, 2015
- February 26th - Mind you, I say Birmingham is getting better at... February 28, 2015
- February 26th - In Birmingham at twilight, I was without any... February 28, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Matters arising...
- Bradford on Brownhills
- Class of… when, and who?
- The man in the centre
- Rebuild it and they will come – a great post by Christine Howles
- It's a special occasion - get on your Sunday best!
- Finely tuned aerials
- July 1990 - Callous closure of Job Club
- January 1992 - Parking problem reaches boiling point
- Walsall Woodstock two day music festival this weekend!
- 2,119,789 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @BrutalHouse: The smoke is the breath of Soviet Russia — soviethardcore.tumblr.com/post/101522817… http://t.co/0RPDvCuWq7 2 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking all those miles of nothing: ift.tt/1DRAe4a 2 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Clear and harsh: ift.tt/1FTxiDT 2 hours ago
- RT @lex_looper: HSBC - "Sorry about stealing Billions, tax avoidance and laundering drug money." Public - "It's cool, the immigrants are t… 3 hours ago
- RT @wefail: "After the break we follow Jon Snow as he walks down to the 24hr garage to buy 16 bags of Monster Munch." #drugslive 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers March 9, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 16, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 23, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Police
Following reports of phone-snatch muggings in Lindon Road, on the Brownhills/Walsall Wood border last weekend, there are sketchy reports of another such robbery taking place closer to Streets Corner on the Brownhills Road yesterday.
I notice from a number of sources including Jayne Howarths wonderful Common People blog for Pelsall that police and schools there are warning parents about an attempted abduction incident in Paradise Lane, Pelsall, on Saturday last (7th February 2015).
There’s currently a status circulating on Facebook stating there’s recently been a phone-snatch mugging on Lindon Road on the Brownhills-Walsall Wood border – I haven’t been able to verify this with the police yet but a warning and appeal would seem prudent.
Continue reading →
A reader living in the Commonside/Friezland Lane area of Shire Oak has been in touch with me asking to share with readers that he had his van windscreen smashed by vandals this evening (28th January 2015) at about 8:35pm as the van was parked outside his house.
Readers may recall that last July, there was a violent assault when two men burst into a house in Mill Road, Brownhills, and violently attacked the householder – the two attackers have just been sentenced to 10 years in jail for the attack.
It’s time, I’m very much afraid, to issue another warning – it seems local burglars are at is again – In the last week or so there have been shed, garage and vehicle break-ins in Shire Oak, Stonnall and Aldridge.
Continue reading →
Here’s a quick one from local history rapscallion Peter ‘pedro’ Cutler while I’m prepping some other stuff for the weekend – debauchery and cards in a Brownhills Working Men’s Club in 1881!