Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 8th - I really didn’t know what to do with these... December 8, 2013
- December 8th - Not another bloody sunset? Sorry. They are very... December 8, 2013
- beautyinbirmingham: Sunset over Fox Hollies Park in Acocks... December 8, 2013
- beautyinbirmingham: The Lickey Hills in the fog of an Autumn... December 8, 2013
- December 7th - The distraction was a murmuration of Starlings.... December 7, 2013
- December 7th - The sunset was even better than I expected. I... December 7, 2013
- December 7th - Up for a spin around Chasewater to catch the... December 7, 2013
- December 6th - I finished work early, and headed to Lichfield to... December 7, 2013
- deantheman: A week in walsall 7th December 2013 I was walking... December 7, 2013
- December 5th - Without a functioning rail service, there was no... December 6, 2013
- December 5th - It wasn’t a great day for train travel in... December 6, 2013
- December 4th - Also in South Wigston, a postie’s bike. I... December 4, 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- The Ironmaster
- Changes to local bin collections this week!
- Follow that elephant!
- Old Ground
- Walsall Wood F.C. - no second chance
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Norton Canes Christmas Fayre this afternoon!
- Small increments
- Car accident in Short Street, Brownhills yesterday
- What's this stuff about, then?
- 1,028,536 hits
- 2013 Aldridge Andy Dennis bike cam Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Countryside Services cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood Graham Evans history Lichfield Lichfield District Council Lichfield Mercury local blogs Local History Local politics Memories of Brownhills Past Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Ogley Hay Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Reservoir Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Social Services Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Housing Group Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @beztweets: Has anyone in the world ever actually read a paper.li thing? (Excluding one visit to find out WTF it is.) 39 minutes ago
- RT @bengoldacre: "Nearly half of the.. schools we looked are actually doing worse than average," explained.. the Institute of Physics" http… 45 minutes ago
- RT @LaughingNoam: i can afford to be sceptical about Labour because I'm one of millions of Brits whose vote does not count in a general ele… 45 minutes ago
- RT @PrimlyStable: #askpickles 3 years ago you falsely claimed that a council had "replaced" Christmas with Winterval, are you ready to apol… 2 hours ago
- RT @ToryPartyTips: Unemployed? Restore a sense of worth to your life by doing jobs for nothing that you used to get paid a wage for 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
- Atomic Spin
- Joni Mitchell – A Case of You - live
- Joni Mitchell – Woman Of Heart And Mind - Live
- Joni Mitchell – Cold Blue Steel And Sweet Fire - Live
- Joni Mitchell – Cactus Tree - live
- Joni Mitchell – Woodstock - Live
- Joni Mitchell – Rainy Night House - Live
- Joni Mitchell – Big Yellow Taxi - LIVE
- Joni Mitchell – You Turn Me on I'm a Radio - live
- Joni Mitchell – Twisted
- Joni Mitchell – Trouble Child
Tag Archives: planning
I think this might be controversial – from recent activity at the site, it seems like the former St. John’s School, in Lichfield Road Walsall Wood, may be about to be demolished, and it’s site possibly redeveloped, together with the derelict bungalow next door.
I noticed last week that revised plans had been submitted for the replacement of the decaying Oak Park Leisure Centre at Walsall Wood – I thought I’d feature them here as a fair few folk are interested in the issue, and it remains somewhat contentious.
David Evans, top blog contributor and local historian extraordinaire, has strong connections with the local Methodist Movement – in this capacity, David has been working very hard indeed on the following article on the construction of the New Chapel for some weeks now, and I’m proud and honoured to present it for readers.
Mike Leonard, the reader who supplied the wonderful images of The Railway Tavern and Wheatsheaf last week has done it again – this tie with two super photos.
I’ve never made any secret of the fact that I love the Black Country with all my heart – this dirty, post-industrial powerhouse of a place has been prominent throughout my life, although, technically, I live outside it. Continue reading
I’ve had a couple of great responses to my request for material on Walsall’s lost power station that existed at Reedswood, until it’s demolition in the late 1980s.
Andy Dennis writes clearly and articulately of the planning history of the Lanes Farm/Sandhills site in light of current angst over a mooted further development – I’m still of the opinion that we’re being trolled for other reasons, but Andy raises some excellent points.