Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 20th - And in Telford, all along the cycleways from... April 20, 2015
- April 20th - A shock this morning. I had a train to catch so... April 20, 2015
- April 19th - I still wasn’t feeling great, and added to which I... April 20, 2015
- April 19th - Sometimes it’s necessary to point out the less... April 20, 2015
- I passed by the entrance to Shire Oak Quarry in the early... April 19, 2015
- April 18th - Not far today, I was busy and weary with a rough... April 18, 2015
- April 17th - Another harbinger of spring: bluebells. First I’ve... April 17, 2015
- April 17th - Awfully long range photos, but the group of deer... April 17, 2015
- April 16th - Jockey Meadows between Sheffield and Walsall Wood... April 17, 2015
- April 16th - The greening continues. Darlaston is getting really... April 17, 2015
- April 15th - Shelfied, just on the marooned triangle of land... April 16, 2015
- April 15th - On my commute home, on the Walsall Canal. in a... April 16, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent! Bike stolen from Brownhills
- Open Mike
- Sorry folks...
- Urgent: Spate of thefts and burglaries in Brownhills
- Brownhills - leading the way in innovative greetings
- February 1994 - Local trader purchases derelict buildings
- Nicked bike alert!
- Eaton beaten by Woodmen
- Chasewater Spring Fair this Sunday!
- Mapping heaven - the right side of the street
- 2,237,958 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @IndyPolitics: Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband ind.pn/1DF1Vxu 3 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Not bad for a Monday: ift.tt/1bmz4ox 4 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking A sinister presence: ift.tt/1D7k9nv 4 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking High contrast: ift.tt/1O8ZjQx 4 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Red in tooth and claw: ift.tt/1O8YCXg 4 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Steve Reich – Radio Rewrite: II. Slow
- Steve Reich – Radio Rewrite: I. Fast
- Steve Reich – Piano Counterpoint
- Steve Reich – Electric Counterpoint: III. Fast
- Steve Reich – Electric Counterpoint: II. Slow
- Steve Reich – Electric Counterpoint: I. Fast
- China Crisis – Working With Fire And Steel
- China Crisis – Blue Sea
- China Crisis – The World Spins, I'm Part Of It
- China Crisis – Bigger The Punch I'm Feeling
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Petition
Here’s a really positive followup (and what looks at the moment to be a blog exclusive) to a story I featured a couple of weeks ago, when Esther Allen of The Chasewater Strollers parent and toddler group contacted me to publicise their petition against the planned closure of both Burntwood Childrens Centres – otherwise known as ‘Surestart’.
Esther Allen of Chasewater Strollers and Councillor ‘Aunty Sue’ Woodward have been in touch over the weekend to let me know that they’re very worried about the future of the two Children’s centres in Burntwood, and have launched a campaign and petition to keep them open.
I’m running this request again for signatures to the online petition for pedestrian crossings in Shire Oak following the sad death of Jack Garrington – if you haven’t signed, please do.
Since the tragic, awful death of 12 year old Jack Garrington on the Chester Road, Shire Oak last Thursday, 10th April 2014, many Brownhills folk and parents of kids attending Shire Oak from further afield have not only paid tribute to Jack, but also want to join together to improve road safety in the area.
I noticed last week that heathland improvement works were planned by Walsall’s Counctry Services team – that’s the rangers I’ve posted so much about lately – at Shire Oak Park Local Nature Reserve in Brownhills.
Continue reading →
People concerned about cuts to Walsall Countryside Services, the Ranger Team and related issues – as outlined here previously – can now sign the petition over at Walsall Council’s website. It’s completely electronic, and is administered as part of Walsall’s Democratic Services. If the petition gets enough support, it will be raised at full council.
Continue reading →
There’s something odd going on at the moment, that I’d like to get to the bottom of. I’ve now seen four separate instances of the incorrect assertion that the Senior Citizen’s protest stopped the Brownhills Tesco Redevelopment. The first was … Continue reading →