Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 30th - Another plant mystery. Are these white currants of... July 30, 2015
- July 30th - Passing through leafy, upmarket Mill Green on the... July 30, 2015
- June 29th - Spotted on the cycleway near Telford station, this... July 29, 2015
- June 29th - Passing through New Street Station early on a sunny,... July 29, 2015
- July 28th - Returning home from Telford, unusually these days, I... July 28, 2015
- July 28th - Called to Telford mid-morning, I hopped on the train... July 28, 2015
- July 27th - It’s the time of year when I dread getting stopped... July 27, 2015
- July 27th - I awoke to a better day. It was warm again and the... July 27, 2015
- July 26th - Everything was wet. Hour after hour of rain.I could... July 26, 2015
- July 26th - In heavy rain, a flotilla of swans. not far from the... July 26, 2015
- July 26th - The latest addition to the local architectural scene... July 26, 2015
- July 25th - I headed to the supermarket in Aldridge late, and a... July 26, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- November 1995 - Grandad's a hero (and here's when the story ends)
- The past, by George!
- Please help find Tiger the tabby cat!
- Angie Parton: ice cream queen remembered
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- Cockfest starts today!
- B&M coming to Aldridge - vacancies now being advertised
- October 1995 - Beauty spot reprieved!
- Photographic memory
- Open Mike
- 2,482,716 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- CAN WE GO DOWN THE GREEN TUNNEL IT'S LIKE A FAIRYTALE http://t.co/sS1jYQWVnD 3 minutes ago
- Deer klaxon! 4 minutes ago
- 'That looks like a WISE OLD TREE.' http://t.co/puCNV3efxU 39 minutes ago
- State of dat grass, tho. Could be hiding anything. Let's go roll in it and find out what... http://t.co/5PjD1bIc3J 49 minutes ago
- 'How does that happen? Is it where the deer run?' http://t.co/xB9vGh3l5c 57 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers August 10, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers August 17, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers August 24, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Petition
Here’s a really positive followup (and what looks at the moment to be a blog exclusive) to a story I featured a couple of weeks ago, when Esther Allen of The Chasewater Strollers parent and toddler group contacted me to publicise their petition against the planned closure of both Burntwood Childrens Centres – otherwise known as ‘Surestart’.
Esther Allen of Chasewater Strollers and Councillor ‘Aunty Sue’ Woodward have been in touch over the weekend to let me know that they’re very worried about the future of the two Children’s centres in Burntwood, and have launched a campaign and petition to keep them open.
I’m running this request again for signatures to the online petition for pedestrian crossings in Shire Oak following the sad death of Jack Garrington – if you haven’t signed, please do.
Since the tragic, awful death of 12 year old Jack Garrington on the Chester Road, Shire Oak last Thursday, 10th April 2014, many Brownhills folk and parents of kids attending Shire Oak from further afield have not only paid tribute to Jack, but also want to join together to improve road safety in the area.
I noticed last week that heathland improvement works were planned by Walsall’s Counctry Services team – that’s the rangers I’ve posted so much about lately – at Shire Oak Park Local Nature Reserve in Brownhills.
Continue reading →
People concerned about cuts to Walsall Countryside Services, the Ranger Team and related issues – as outlined here previously – can now sign the petition over at Walsall Council’s website. It’s completely electronic, and is administered as part of Walsall’s Democratic Services. If the petition gets enough support, it will be raised at full council.
Continue reading →
There’s something odd going on at the moment, that I’d like to get to the bottom of. I’ve now seen four separate instances of the incorrect assertion that the Senior Citizen’s protest stopped the Brownhills Tesco Redevelopment. The first was … Continue reading →