Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 5th - And on I pottered. The dark and dusk encroached,... March 7, 2015
- March 5th - In Birmingham early evening, pottering from meeting... March 7, 2015
- March 5th - Never let it be said that I do not consider cycling... March 6, 2015
- March 4th - Spring is really here. It’s not just the... March 5, 2015
- March 4th - A beautiful day, but still windy. The golden light... March 5, 2015
- March 3rd - I was quite lucky with this, too; also handheld. The... March 3, 2015
- March 3rd - Cold, windy. Horrid journeys to work, fast and fun... March 3, 2015
- March 2nd - Spotted in Darlaston in Victoria Park - is that a... March 3, 2015
- March 2nd - Fiddling with a next camera. After a brief... March 3, 2015
- March 1st - I noted with some curiosity that earlier that day,... March 2, 2015
- March 1st - On a distinctly un-springlike day, I headed into... March 2, 2015
- February 28th - Meanwhile, back in Brownhills, Silver Court... March 1, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Plea for family of deceased Darlaston man
- February 1993 - Dead-end village as bridge is renewed
- Get your motor running
- Space, air and light
- Rebuild it and they will come – a great post by Christine Howles
- Down with the kids
- January 1993 - Drugs Indifference
- Walsall Wood draw with The Mikes yet again!
- The Acropolis cafe shuts; Middle Oak to close and B&M to open in Focus, Aldridge
- Court out
- 2,126,042 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #365daysofbiking To be flotsam: ift.tt/1EVbvhg 34 minutes ago
- #365daysofbiking My past, my present, my future: ift.tt/1zXiK1z 52 minutes ago
- RT @bellamyonabike: People opining on here about Cameron tv debates. What do you expect? Blokes a self serving, privileged twat used to get… 1 hour ago
- RT @helen_wildheart: 'Mabel' the RSPB Middleton Longhorn using @winsorandnewton watercolours #TwitterFirstFriday #Art http://t.co/u3kdUWljN4 1 hour ago
- #365daysofbiking Coo, gosh! ift.tt/1EV1yjT 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers March 9, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 16, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 23, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Petition
Here’s a really positive followup (and what looks at the moment to be a blog exclusive) to a story I featured a couple of weeks ago, when Esther Allen of The Chasewater Strollers parent and toddler group contacted me to publicise their petition against the planned closure of both Burntwood Childrens Centres – otherwise known as ‘Surestart’.
Esther Allen of Chasewater Strollers and Councillor ‘Aunty Sue’ Woodward have been in touch over the weekend to let me know that they’re very worried about the future of the two Children’s centres in Burntwood, and have launched a campaign and petition to keep them open.
I’m running this request again for signatures to the online petition for pedestrian crossings in Shire Oak following the sad death of Jack Garrington – if you haven’t signed, please do.
Since the tragic, awful death of 12 year old Jack Garrington on the Chester Road, Shire Oak last Thursday, 10th April 2014, many Brownhills folk and parents of kids attending Shire Oak from further afield have not only paid tribute to Jack, but also want to join together to improve road safety in the area.
I noticed last week that heathland improvement works were planned by Walsall’s Counctry Services team – that’s the rangers I’ve posted so much about lately – at Shire Oak Park Local Nature Reserve in Brownhills.
Continue reading →
People concerned about cuts to Walsall Countryside Services, the Ranger Team and related issues – as outlined here previously – can now sign the petition over at Walsall Council’s website. It’s completely electronic, and is administered as part of Walsall’s Democratic Services. If the petition gets enough support, it will be raised at full council.
Continue reading →
There’s something odd going on at the moment, that I’d like to get to the bottom of. I’ve now seen four separate instances of the incorrect assertion that the Senior Citizen’s protest stopped the Brownhills Tesco Redevelopment. The first was … Continue reading →