Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 31st - I rode out via Canwell and Middleton to Middleton... September 1, 2015
- August 31st - Couldn’t stay in on August Bank Holiday Monday,... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - This time of year is mostly about fruits, and this... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - A grey day, but I needed a ride. It’s been a few... August 31, 2015
- August 29th - My apologies to the toad-phobics, but I had to... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - A late rove around Brownhills and I just missed... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - I nipped down to Stonnall to see a pal and left... August 29, 2015
- August 28th - On an early afternoon run home from work, a... August 29, 2015
- That unusual plant I asked about... August 29, 2015
- August 27th - It was a clear, bright moonlit night and I had an... August 28, 2015
- August 27th - Returning to Brownhills that evening, I stopped to... August 28, 2015
- August 26th - I think I was a bit previous on the acorn thing.I... August 28, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- As far distant as the millennium
- Richard Meanley Anson - a Victim Of World War One - can you help?
- Everything went off without a hitch...
- New Hall Mill open right now - come and get crafty!
- January 1990 - Call for flood investigation...
- New Hall Mill open this Bank Holiday Monday - come and get crafty!
- Bank Holiday football action - Walsall Wood away against The Mikes this afternoon!
- He staked his all for the miners
- Major road closes this Sunday for 7 weeks: be prepared
- One and a half centuries
- 2,566,409 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Pelsall planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Fuck me shit's getting biblical out there 6 hours ago
- RT @ThePlasticHippo: Saddle up theplastichippo.wordpress.com/2015/09/01/sad… http://t.co/777TYmK0MX 6 hours ago
- RT @BikeShopGirlcom: Ladies, I recently started a FB group "Women Who Bicycle" for badass women to have a safe & inclusive place to talk. h… 9 hours ago
- RT @catovitch: Cat, fishing: imgur.com/r/funny/1d28Z76 9 hours ago
- RT @urbancyclist: "Fluffed" polaroidblipfoto.com/entry/20851452… See my new daily photo on #polaroid #blipfoto 9 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers September 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 21, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Petition
Here’s a really positive followup (and what looks at the moment to be a blog exclusive) to a story I featured a couple of weeks ago, when Esther Allen of The Chasewater Strollers parent and toddler group contacted me to publicise their petition against the planned closure of both Burntwood Childrens Centres – otherwise known as ‘Surestart’.
Esther Allen of Chasewater Strollers and Councillor ‘Aunty Sue’ Woodward have been in touch over the weekend to let me know that they’re very worried about the future of the two Children’s centres in Burntwood, and have launched a campaign and petition to keep them open.
I’m running this request again for signatures to the online petition for pedestrian crossings in Shire Oak following the sad death of Jack Garrington – if you haven’t signed, please do.
Since the tragic, awful death of 12 year old Jack Garrington on the Chester Road, Shire Oak last Thursday, 10th April 2014, many Brownhills folk and parents of kids attending Shire Oak from further afield have not only paid tribute to Jack, but also want to join together to improve road safety in the area.
I noticed last week that heathland improvement works were planned by Walsall’s Counctry Services team – that’s the rangers I’ve posted so much about lately – at Shire Oak Park Local Nature Reserve in Brownhills.
Continue reading →
People concerned about cuts to Walsall Countryside Services, the Ranger Team and related issues – as outlined here previously – can now sign the petition over at Walsall Council’s website. It’s completely electronic, and is administered as part of Walsall’s Democratic Services. If the petition gets enough support, it will be raised at full council.
Continue reading →
There’s something odd going on at the moment, that I’d like to get to the bottom of. I’ve now seen four separate instances of the incorrect assertion that the Senior Citizen’s protest stopped the Brownhills Tesco Redevelopment. The first was … Continue reading →