Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 7th - I was right about the rain and fungus. At the... October 7, 2015
- October 7th - After the last couple of days of wet, grey... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - Traffic. Tell me when my red light turns green. I... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - Also looking good in the autumn colour is church... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - A terribly grey morning, spotting with rain and I... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - It’s nice to see a local pub coming back from the... October 6, 2015
- 4th October - And finally, watch out if you’re riding along the... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - The fly agaric are a bit thin on the ground this... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - I have no idea what his name was, but this young... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - A considerably different day, the sun was again... October 5, 2015
- October 3rd - The old railway between Pelsall and Brownhills... October 5, 2015
- October 3rd - A short recovery ride over to Clayhanger Marsh and... October 5, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- 56 bus service: Travel West Midlands to fill the gap
- Have you seen Benny the cat?
- Meet Lichfield Discovered over a pint tonight!
- June 1990 - Avenues fight on
- Back of the net! Brian Stringer's latest book on sale now!
- Woodmen make short shrift of Shifnal
- Funeral arrangements for Michael Cater
- Withdrawal of 56 bus service: Latest news, and please sign the petition!
- Diamond Busses confirm 56 service to be withdrawn
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- 2,648,176 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- That geezer on Midlands Today was cock-on about new street 15 minutes ago
- RT @EHOdavid: Sale of cigarettes to a minor - Downes Newsagents High Street Brownhills -Conditional Discharge but ordered to pay costs of £… 1 hour ago
- ... Just s bit cross she fell over. No major damage but she has bruises that I suspect Haribo and Grandma's special soup can heal well. 2 hours ago
- Just heard the Wee One has had a couple of stitches after coming a cropper on her rollerblades. She's been brave, though and is ... 2 hours ago
- RT @latinQuarter1: @BBCRadMac latinquarter.bandcamp.com new Latin Quarter single 'I am Refugee'. 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers October 12, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 19, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 26, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Pedro
Incisive and tenacious historian Peter ‘Pedro’ Cutler has been quietly continuing his investigations into the Old Hednesford Colliery Disaster, the 1911 accident that was brought to our attention when Reg ‘Are Reg’ Fullelove donated a poem he’d come to have in his collection to the blog.
I must say there hasn’t been enough local history stuff here of late and it has also been too long since I last featured a research article by the incisive and tenacious historian Peter ‘Pedro’ Cutler.
I had an interesting email from reader and top local history technician Andy Dennis a couple of weeks ago that expands on a recent topic beautifully: that of William Roberts and his empire.
Last week I featured an article by local history Rapscallion Peter ‘Pedro’ Cutler about a text, available for free via Google Books called ‘Black Diamonds or the Gospel in a Colliery District’ written around 1860 by mystery author HHB.
This is an important one, and I think there may well be more to follow, as top local history wonk Peter ‘Pedro’ Cutler is not one to let sleeping dogs – or local history matters that are niggling him – lie.
The interesting history of William Roberts – the father of modern Brownhills – continues, and this time, Peter ‘pedro’ Cutler has taken issue with some other, intersecting local history, and just when exactly William Roberts came to Brownhills as a lad, and where he lived when his family moved here.