Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 30th - If you’re planning to go for a walk or... October 31, 2014
- October 30th - The morning commute was marked by the wildlife I... October 31, 2014
- October 29th - Just near the Post Office on Victoria Road,... October 30, 2014
- October 29th - On the edge of Darlaston’s industrial area... October 30, 2014
- October 28th - Coming into the town centre from the Green, I... October 29, 2014
- October 28th - Autumn seems to be lasting forever this year. The... October 29, 2014
- October 27th - A quieter, and altogether more successful hunter... October 28, 2014
- October 27th - Ah, Mr. Calico… we meet again. This male... October 28, 2014
- October 26th - I popped up to Shire Oak Park on the way back,... October 27, 2014
- October 26th - I went out in the morning in a heavy wind to run... October 27, 2014
- October 25th - The Parade, Brownhills. Just by Holland... October 27, 2014
- October 25th - I spotted them by chance as I shot down Church... October 27, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Serious road accident in Shelfield last night
- Urgent - motorbike just stolen from Walsall Wood
- Police appeal for witnesses to fatal road collision in Walsall Wood
- Burglary in Shire Oak: Please be on your guard
- Bonfire and fireworks in Brownhills this Saturday!
- Motorbike accident in Brownhills?
- January 1990 - Call for flood investigation...
- Cyclist hurt in Brownhills incident
- Serious accident between car and horse drawn cart near Stonnall
- December 1989 - Shopkeepers angry about the neglect of Silver Court
- 1,779,569 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @harun_yahya: Formation of a single protein requires another one. This clearly means there is no evolution, all living &non-living being… 1 hour ago
- From @jenyellisturner please can you retweet for my friend Lisa - thank you. http://t.co/b3aHcWSSUp 1 hour ago
- RT @Naz_Faulkner: A brilliant multi-faith festival at Darlaston Children's Centre today! My girls and I loved it! (My lads stayed at home.) 1 hour ago
- RT @safetyphoto: Colombian coal mine flooding kills 12 | MINING.com wp.me/p2NdUg-5MB 2 hours ago
- RT @GerryAdamsSF: I dressed up as meself. 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Hanuman
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Tamacun - Area 52 Version
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Juan Loco - Area 52 Version
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Logos - Area 52 Version
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Diablo Rojo - Area 52 Version
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Master Maqui - Area 52 Version
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – 11:11 - Area 52 Version
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Ixtapa - Area 52 Version
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Hanuman - Area 52 Version
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Santo Domingo - Area 52 Version
- Chasewater Strollers November 10, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers November 17, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers November 24, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Paul Degville
It’s been over a year now since I noted the sad news of the passing of Paul Degville, jazz musician extraordinaire and leading light in the formerly little recorded jazz scene that existed around the Crown Pub in Brownhills in the 1970s.
I’m sure you’ll remember that way back, I featured some recordings of live Jazz being played at the Crown pub in Brownhills West, by amongst others, Ken Rattenbury, Paul and Fred Degville – very respected musicians -this was lifted from a reel to reel recording of Meanwhile, Down at the Local, a program then broadcast by BBC Radio Birmingham.
A touching and lovely message comes to me from Jackie and Sammie Degville, who are undertaking the race for life in aid of Cancer Research in honour of their beloved husband and father Paul Degville, who died following a protracted battle with the illness in January.
Continue reading →
Following on from the sad news of the passing of Paul Degville, Ian Bourne has been back in touch to ask if I’d let readers know about a memorial service taking place on the 23rd January in Ledbury, and to thank readers for their kind wishes and memories.
Continue reading →
A few people have contacted me now to inform me of the sad passing of Paul Degville. Paul was a great musician and his music played a fascinating part in Brownhills musical history.
I received a great email yesterday from reader David Danks relating to the great archive recordings of the Degville band and live music at The Crown pub in Brownhills in the 1970’s. I’m astounded at the huge level of interest … Continue reading →
Here’s something very special, which I’m immensely proud and humbled to share with readers. It shows what a great online community we all share in Walsall, and the generosity of time, spirit and expertise that exists within it. I’m sure … Continue reading →