Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 24th - Further on, at Sandhills, a fine crop of maize.... July 24, 2014
- July 24th - One of the sights of summer I’ve so far missed... July 24, 2014
- July 23rd - Riding back home this evening, something shiny in... July 23, 2014
- July 23rd - in the Goscote Valley on my way to work, as the day... July 23, 2014
- July 22nd - The Mad Old Baggage noted the other day that... July 22, 2014
- July 22nd - I think this must be the earliest I’ve ever... July 22, 2014
- July 21st - The lads are still working hard in a field further... July 21, 2014
- 21st July - It’s been a lovely day, but the ride home was... July 21, 2014
- July 20th - A day coloured mainly by the sad news of the loss of... July 20, 2014
- July 20th - Last week, I noted a quantity of sectional piling... July 20, 2014
- July 19th - I was still suffering with my left foot, so rest was... July 20, 2014
- July 19th - I see this wonderful Christiana cargo bike about a... July 20, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills canal indecent exposure incident
- Assault on dog walker in Brownhills: take care people
- Brownhills Indecent Exposure incident - e-fit photo released
- Funeral arrangements for Gareth Perrins-Seedhouse
- Body found in search for missing lady Amanda Hawkins
- On the loss of a great, great man
- 2014 Walsall local election results - there may be trouble ahead
- Browhills canal assault: police issue statement
- Shire Oak's buried secret...
- What's this stuff about, then?
- 1,539,931 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Supertramp – Take The Long Way Home - Live At Wembley/1979
- Supertramp – Oh Darling - Live In Miami/1979
- Supertramp – Breakfast In America - Live At Wembley/1979
- Supertramp – Goodbye Stranger - Live At Pavillon de Paris/1979
- Supertramp – The Logical Song - Live At Pavillon de Paris/1979
- Supertramp – Child Of Vision - Remastered Version/2010
- Supertramp – Casual Conversations - Remastered Version/2010
- Supertramp – Just Another Nervous Wreck - Remastered Version/2010
- Supertramp – Lord Is It Mine - Remastered Version/2010
- Supertramp – Take The Long Way Home - Remastered Version/2010
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market August 3, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Tag Archives: Paul Degville
It’s been over a year now since I noted the sad news of the passing of Paul Degville, jazz musician extraordinaire and leading light in the formerly little recorded jazz scene that existed around the Crown Pub in Brownhills in the 1970s.
I’m sure you’ll remember that way back, I featured some recordings of live Jazz being played at the Crown pub in Brownhills West, by amongst others, Ken Rattenbury, Paul and Fred Degville – very respected musicians -this was lifted from a reel to reel recording of Meanwhile, Down at the Local, a program then broadcast by BBC Radio Birmingham.
A touching and lovely message comes to me from Jackie and Sammie Degville, who are undertaking the race for life in aid of Cancer Research in honour of their beloved husband and father Paul Degville, who died following a protracted battle with the illness in January.
Continue reading →
Following on from the sad news of the passing of Paul Degville, Ian Bourne has been back in touch to ask if I’d let readers know about a memorial service taking place on the 23rd January in Ledbury, and to thank readers for their kind wishes and memories.
Continue reading →
A few people have contacted me now to inform me of the sad passing of Paul Degville. Paul was a great musician and his music played a fascinating part in Brownhills musical history.
I received a great email yesterday from reader David Danks relating to the great archive recordings of the Degville band and live music at The Crown pub in Brownhills in the 1970′s. I’m astounded at the huge level of interest … Continue reading →
Here’s something very special, which I’m immensely proud and humbled to share with readers. It shows what a great online community we all share in Walsall, and the generosity of time, spirit and expertise that exists within it. I’m sure … Continue reading →
Spare a thought for jazz enthusiast and all round good-egg Peter Barker. Having found and converted the soothing, stunning, seventies sounds of jazz at The Crown in Brownhills, he discovered another recording, and attempted to convert it too. Sadly, the … Continue reading →