Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 21st - For some reason, of late the Canada geese really... August 21, 2014
- August 21st - A grey and depressing day with a heavy, punishing... August 21, 2014
- August 20th - In late summer, in an overcast moment, Coppice (or... August 21, 2014
- August 20th - I had to pop into Walsall for some bits and pieces... August 21, 2014
- August 19th - I’m fussy about brakes. Very fussy indeed.... August 19, 2014
- August 19th - This is Victoria Park in Darlaston, once a railway... August 19, 2014
- August 18th - He was only a kitten, really; a sharp eyed, keen... August 19, 2014
- August 18th - If you haven’t noticed by now, I love... August 19, 2014
- 17th August - At Home Farm, Sandhills, the harvest seems... August 18, 2014
- August 17th - If you listen to many opinions in these parts,... August 18, 2014
- August 16th - This young grey heron was fishing in the canal,... August 17, 2014
- August 16th - Heading back towards Chasewater, I noticed the... August 17, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Demolition, man?
- You can't trust all you read in the paper...
- If the kids are united
- Walsall residents urged to keep an eye-out for distraction duo
- School daze
- Important appeal: Did you know Michael Syrett?
- Revised plans submitted for Oak Park replacement
- Consultation event in Walsalll Wood this evening
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Road closure in Brownhills from tomorrow
- 1,622,386 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @PabloK: Coincidences of policy, success in knowledge transfer, onwards with the newly-relevant university. (via Private Eye) http://t.c… 12 minutes ago
- If you were in any doubt Hamas were shitheads too >> RT @guardian: Hamas executes 11 suspected informers gu.com/p/4xxxq/tw 13 minutes ago
- I have little to do here until 3:30pm. Bollocks. 14 minutes ago
- RT @pholloway: Massive embarrassment on the cards for Lib Dems in the #wmpcc14 vote. Coming comfortably last, behind UKIP. http://t.co/KsUj… 15 minutes ago
- RT @Mrs_Funky: Regardless of the low turn out, I'm just very thankful ukip didn't get a look in. I couldn't imagine anything worse for the … 16 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers August 25, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market September 7, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Tag Archives: Paul Degville
It’s been over a year now since I noted the sad news of the passing of Paul Degville, jazz musician extraordinaire and leading light in the formerly little recorded jazz scene that existed around the Crown Pub in Brownhills in the 1970s.
I’m sure you’ll remember that way back, I featured some recordings of live Jazz being played at the Crown pub in Brownhills West, by amongst others, Ken Rattenbury, Paul and Fred Degville – very respected musicians -this was lifted from a reel to reel recording of Meanwhile, Down at the Local, a program then broadcast by BBC Radio Birmingham.
A touching and lovely message comes to me from Jackie and Sammie Degville, who are undertaking the race for life in aid of Cancer Research in honour of their beloved husband and father Paul Degville, who died following a protracted battle with the illness in January.
Continue reading →
Following on from the sad news of the passing of Paul Degville, Ian Bourne has been back in touch to ask if I’d let readers know about a memorial service taking place on the 23rd January in Ledbury, and to thank readers for their kind wishes and memories.
Continue reading →
A few people have contacted me now to inform me of the sad passing of Paul Degville. Paul was a great musician and his music played a fascinating part in Brownhills musical history.
I received a great email yesterday from reader David Danks relating to the great archive recordings of the Degville band and live music at The Crown pub in Brownhills in the 1970’s. I’m astounded at the huge level of interest … Continue reading →
Here’s something very special, which I’m immensely proud and humbled to share with readers. It shows what a great online community we all share in Walsall, and the generosity of time, spirit and expertise that exists within it. I’m sure … Continue reading →
Spare a thought for jazz enthusiast and all round good-egg Peter Barker. Having found and converted the soothing, stunning, seventies sounds of jazz at The Crown in Brownhills, he discovered another recording, and attempted to convert it too. Sadly, the … Continue reading →