Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 15th - Returning to Birmingham via Snow Hill station,... September 15, 2014
- September 15th - I spent the afternoon in Droitwich. This piece... September 15, 2014
- September 14th - Back up on Cannock Chase for the first time in... September 15, 2014
- September 14th - The boating lake at Chasewater has been drained... September 15, 2014
- September 13th - I whizzed up to Walsall Wood in the morning on... September 13, 2014
- September 12th - Conkers, by the shedload. The tree in Festival... September 13, 2014
- September 12th - I needed to pop into Lichfield, so I rushed... September 13, 2014
- September 11th - Less charming than the sunflower, but... September 12, 2014
- September 11th - In Darlaston Green, a sight to bring joy to the... September 11, 2014
- September 11th - I only went and forgot the camera again. This... September 11, 2014
- September 10 - Riding home along Green Lane between Shelfield... September 11, 2014
- September 10th - I’m not on form this week, not even... September 11, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Ravens Court - Something is happening, but what?
- When the dam burst
- Living on the skyline
- Tool burglary in Clayhanger: did you see these lads?
- Did you know the late Thomas Williams?
- What's this stuff about, then?
- You can't polish a turd
- The Wood still on the up as they beat Kirby Muxloe
- The Red, White and Blue: what do you know?
- Plane bizarre
- 1,672,475 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @PaulThomas992: #ScotlandDecides PANDA NEWS'Yes' publicity seeker Nicola Sturgeon criticised for trying to measure Tian Tian's dilation … 49 minutes ago
- RT @MediocreDave: In a fedora. 49 minutes ago
- RT @MediocreDave: Galloway; homophobe, misogynist, Stalinist, anti-Semite, British unionist, politically incoherent charlatan thug. 49 minutes ago
- RT @adrianshort: You're British. You love the NHS. But would any mainstream party set it up today if it didn't already exist? #indyref 59 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Pye Corner Audio – The Black Mill Video Tape
- Pye Corner Audio – Sleep Games
- Not waving – Like Shooting A Fish In A Barrel
- Not waving – Enemies Of The People
- Not waving – Two-Way Mirror
- Not waving – Protect The Revolution
- Pye Corner Audio – One Time Pad
- Pye Corner Audio – Shared Secret Key
- Pye Corner Audio – Twisted Wire Pair
- Pye Corner Audio – Perfect Secrecy Forever
- Chasewater Strollers September 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Paul Degville
It’s been over a year now since I noted the sad news of the passing of Paul Degville, jazz musician extraordinaire and leading light in the formerly little recorded jazz scene that existed around the Crown Pub in Brownhills in the 1970s.
I’m sure you’ll remember that way back, I featured some recordings of live Jazz being played at the Crown pub in Brownhills West, by amongst others, Ken Rattenbury, Paul and Fred Degville – very respected musicians -this was lifted from a reel to reel recording of Meanwhile, Down at the Local, a program then broadcast by BBC Radio Birmingham.
A touching and lovely message comes to me from Jackie and Sammie Degville, who are undertaking the race for life in aid of Cancer Research in honour of their beloved husband and father Paul Degville, who died following a protracted battle with the illness in January.
Continue reading →
Following on from the sad news of the passing of Paul Degville, Ian Bourne has been back in touch to ask if I’d let readers know about a memorial service taking place on the 23rd January in Ledbury, and to thank readers for their kind wishes and memories.
Continue reading →
A few people have contacted me now to inform me of the sad passing of Paul Degville. Paul was a great musician and his music played a fascinating part in Brownhills musical history.
I received a great email yesterday from reader David Danks relating to the great archive recordings of the Degville band and live music at The Crown pub in Brownhills in the 1970’s. I’m astounded at the huge level of interest … Continue reading →
Here’s something very special, which I’m immensely proud and humbled to share with readers. It shows what a great online community we all share in Walsall, and the generosity of time, spirit and expertise that exists within it. I’m sure … Continue reading →