Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 27th - I again returned via Walsall Wood, but unlike... November 28, 2014
- November 27th - A difficult day. I had to dash back from Walsall... November 28, 2014
- November 26th - A dreadfully weary, damp homeward commute in... November 27, 2014
- November 26th - Getting more than my fair share of wet commutes... November 27, 2014
- November 25th - Further on, near Bentley Bridge, a narrowboat... November 27, 2014
- November 25th - It was a bright, frosty and hazy morning, but... November 27, 2014
- November 24th - I’m never sure what to make of this.... November 24, 2014
- November 24th - A gorgeous, frosty winter morning. I had a call... November 24, 2014
- November 23rd - It seems Staffordshire County Council -... November 24, 2014
- November 23rd - A run out on errands late morning was shrouded... November 24, 2014
- November 22nd - Despite occasional heavy showers, it was a... November 22, 2014
- November 22nd - I had to nip to Aldridge in the afternoon, and... November 22, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- October 1990 - Wake up Brownhills - does anyone care?
- Snapshots of a family
- Just William
- Gerald Reece talk: on tonight!
- Serious road accident in Shelfield last night
- September 1990 - Vandals & dumpers causing problems on old track bed
- OAP fighting for life after Walsall Wood car accident
- More than just a grocer...
- Brownhills School: driven to distraction
- Lose yourself in the mapping
- 1,870,611 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @IDS_MP: Got my coffee maker for a bargain. His name is Lechsinska and I pay him minimum wage. Get in. #BlackFriday 31 minutes ago
- RT @DavidLammy: Just a little reminder, on the back of Cameron ramping up the rhetoric on immigration, that a third of all nurses in London… 43 minutes ago
- Just copped this via magic of Advisory Circle Winter Mix - Rheinlust - Fürsattl - fans of electronica will love it youtube.com/watch?v=thsOjM… 46 minutes ago
- RT @Chloee_Janee: @azizibrahim56 (Stone Roses)playing at the Hare&Hounds,Kings Heath. December 18th at 8:30pm.Tickets £8 ADV or £10 OTD htt… 51 minutes ago
- RT @mindgifts: Black Friday10% off gifts for people with #dementia code 2014 mindfulgifts.co.uk jigsaws,Twiddlemuff etc http://t.co/Y93… 51 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Paul Degville
It’s been over a year now since I noted the sad news of the passing of Paul Degville, jazz musician extraordinaire and leading light in the formerly little recorded jazz scene that existed around the Crown Pub in Brownhills in the 1970s.
I’m sure you’ll remember that way back, I featured some recordings of live Jazz being played at the Crown pub in Brownhills West, by amongst others, Ken Rattenbury, Paul and Fred Degville – very respected musicians -this was lifted from a reel to reel recording of Meanwhile, Down at the Local, a program then broadcast by BBC Radio Birmingham.
A touching and lovely message comes to me from Jackie and Sammie Degville, who are undertaking the race for life in aid of Cancer Research in honour of their beloved husband and father Paul Degville, who died following a protracted battle with the illness in January.
Continue reading →
Following on from the sad news of the passing of Paul Degville, Ian Bourne has been back in touch to ask if I’d let readers know about a memorial service taking place on the 23rd January in Ledbury, and to thank readers for their kind wishes and memories.
Continue reading →
A few people have contacted me now to inform me of the sad passing of Paul Degville. Paul was a great musician and his music played a fascinating part in Brownhills musical history.
I received a great email yesterday from reader David Danks relating to the great archive recordings of the Degville band and live music at The Crown pub in Brownhills in the 1970’s. I’m astounded at the huge level of interest … Continue reading →
Here’s something very special, which I’m immensely proud and humbled to share with readers. It shows what a great online community we all share in Walsall, and the generosity of time, spirit and expertise that exists within it. I’m sure … Continue reading →