Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 16th - Of course, the real star of this year’s... April 16, 2014
- April 16th - It’s all about flowers at the moment. I was... April 16, 2014
- 15th April - I noted when passing this evening that the field of... April 15, 2014
- April 15th - I seem to be going through a mechanical rough... April 15, 2014
- April 14th - Clayhanger Common is wonderful. On this sunny,... April 14, 2014
- April 13th - Back up on the Chase for the first decent, dry ride... April 14, 2014
- April 13th - Up on Cannock Chase. The ears. That’s... April 14, 2014
- April 13th - Up on the Chase properly for the first time in... April 13, 2014
- April 13th - Hmm. Something is happening. Put on to this by... April 13, 2014
- April 12th - I got a long ride in today, but the afternoon was... April 12, 2014
- Apriul 12th - I must have passed this hundreds of times without... April 12, 2014
- April 11th - Also in Shelfield. A reminder that the local issue... April 12, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- New Craft and Farmers Market coming soon to Chasewater
- Urban Exploration at Linley Caverns, in 1957
- Child dies in Brownhills Road accident - police statement
- Get them before they're gone!
- Jamey Coleman hit and run - police appeal for further information
- Pedestrian Crossings for Shire Oak - a campaign in memory of Jack Garrington
- Woodmen wiped out by Gornal
- Please sign the petition requesting pedestrian crossings for Shire Oak
- Fatal hit and run in Brownhills - appeal for help
- Road accident in Brownhills now
- 1,332,550 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge Andy Dennis Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Memories of Brownhills Past Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @tom_watson: I hope the PM is praying for the soul of the official who is paid to undermine a charity that feeds the hungry. http://t.co… 1 hour ago
- RT @PrimlyStable: Why hasn't Eric Pickles written to Hammersmith & Fulham about its "town hall Pravda"? Is it because it's OK for Tories to… 1 hour ago
- RT @networkwm: Free Cycle Skills & Learn to Ride for all ages at the Cycling and Walking Activity Day at Small Heath Park this Saturday, 12… 1 hour ago
- RT @WalsallLHCentre: Walsall Local History Centre's NEW BLOG is now online, with news and articles, so please check it out at http://t.co/M… 1 hour ago
- RT @IamLucyWood: In case you missed it. My new blog is here... wp.me/p3LAdl-3z 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
- Atomic Spin
Tag Archives: Paul Degville
It’s been over a year now since I noted the sad news of the passing of Paul Degville, jazz musician extraordinaire and leading light in the formerly little recorded jazz scene that existed around the Crown Pub in Brownhills in the 1970s.
I’m sure you’ll remember that way back, I featured some recordings of live Jazz being played at the Crown pub in Brownhills West, by amongst others, Ken Rattenbury, Paul and Fred Degville – very respected musicians -this was lifted from a reel to reel recording of Meanwhile, Down at the Local, a program then broadcast by BBC Radio Birmingham.
A touching and lovely message comes to me from Jackie and Sammie Degville, who are undertaking the race for life in aid of Cancer Research in honour of their beloved husband and father Paul Degville, who died following a protracted battle with the illness in January.
Continue reading →
Following on from the sad news of the passing of Paul Degville, Ian Bourne has been back in touch to ask if I’d let readers know about a memorial service taking place on the 23rd January in Ledbury, and to thank readers for their kind wishes and memories.
Continue reading →
A few people have contacted me now to inform me of the sad passing of Paul Degville. Paul was a great musician and his music played a fascinating part in Brownhills musical history.
I received a great email yesterday from reader David Danks relating to the great archive recordings of the Degville band and live music at The Crown pub in Brownhills in the 1970′s. I’m astounded at the huge level of interest … Continue reading →
Here’s something very special, which I’m immensely proud and humbled to share with readers. It shows what a great online community we all share in Walsall, and the generosity of time, spirit and expertise that exists within it. I’m sure … Continue reading →
Spare a thought for jazz enthusiast and all round good-egg Peter Barker. Having found and converted the soothing, stunning, seventies sounds of jazz at The Crown in Brownhills, he discovered another recording, and attempted to convert it too. Sadly, the … Continue reading →