Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 6th - I finished work early, and headed to Lichfield to... December 7, 2013
- deantheman: A week in walsall 7th December 2013 I was walking... December 7, 2013
- December 5th - Without a functioning rail service, there was no... December 6, 2013
- December 5th - It wasn’t a great day for train travel in... December 6, 2013
- December 4th - Also in South Wigston, a postie’s bike. I... December 4, 2013
- December 4th - I was in Leicester again, but on a better day.... December 4, 2013
- December 4th - Circumstances appear to have dictated that sadly,... December 4, 2013
- December 3rd - An evening ride up to Walsall Wood had me... December 3, 2013
- December 3rd - A better day today. The bug had receded, and I... December 3, 2013
- December 2nd - Still unwell, I had important stuff to attend to... December 3, 2013
- December 1st - I swung past St. James Church in Brownhills to... December 2, 2013
- December 1st - First of all, my apologies. On my main blog I... December 2, 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- Small increments
- Follow that elephant!
- Walsall Wood FC unexpectedly back in the game - this Saturday!
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Car accident in Short Street, Brownhills yesterday
- The end and the beginning
- Underground investigations - The Grove Pit Disaster remembered
- New local history book out soon!
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Unspoken histories - what do you know?
- 1,027,135 hits
- 2013 Aldridge Andy Dennis bike cam Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Countryside Services cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood Graham Evans history Lichfield Lichfield District Council Lichfield Mercury local blogs Local History Local politics Memories of Brownhills Past Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Ogley Hay Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Reservoir Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Social Services Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Housing Group Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @evertonfc2: Fact http://t.co/F4K5dGojlS 1 hour ago
- As Tebbit and Dicks so ably demonstrated over the last couple of days. 1 hour ago
- When you listen to the bile, idiocy and prejudice spouted by UKI_P, that's also hiding and been welcome in the belly of the Conservatives. 1 hour ago
- With UKI_P, always worth considering that before these nasty, snide Little Englanders were stirred by Farrage's magic flute, most were Tory. 1 hour ago
- RT @urbancyclist: Are people allowed to shout 'Allez!' To riders in France next year? Should probably check with @iamspecialized 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
- Atomic Spin
- Joni Mitchell – How Do You Stop
- Joni Mitchell – Sex Kills
- Joni Mitchell – Sunny Sunday
- Vince Guaraldi Trio – Greensleeves
- Vince Guaraldi – Corcovado
- Vince Guaraldi Trio – Autumn Leaves
- Vince Guaraldi – On Green Dolphin Street
- Vince Guaraldi – Days of Wine and Roses
- Vince Guaraldi Trio – Since I Fell for You
- Vince Guaraldi Trio – Fascinating Rhythm
Tag Archives: Park
Helen Sanger, the Walsall Council Countryside Ranger responsible for Shire Oak Park Nature Reserve, has asked me to point out to readers and fans of the reserve that this coming Saturday, 9th November 2013 there will be a chance to meet with Tim Cleary, Countryside Operations Ranger.
I should have featured this yesterday, but didn’t get time – in what seems to be a new initiative, Walsall Wood Scouts, a thoroughly fine bunch of lads, have been undertaking small scale, supervised scrub clearance at Shire Oak Park Nature Reserve.
Kids already driving you mad – tomorrow, Wednesday 31st July 2013, there will be an opportunity to get them off that games console and out into the fresh air with a summer fun event at the popular Brownhills park.
Continue reading →
I noticed last week that heathland improvement works were planned by Walsall’s Counctry Services team – that’s the rangers I’ve posted so much about lately – at Shire Oak Park Local Nature Reserve in Brownhills.
Continue reading →