Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 18th - Between Harlaston and Clifton Campville,... April 18, 2014
- April 18th - A great long ride today, on a warm, wonderful... April 18, 2014
- April 17th - Cowslips everywhere this year. From a rarity 15... April 17, 2014
- April 17th - The minutiae of drainage engineering are wonderful.... April 17, 2014
- April 16th - Of course, the real star of this year’s... April 16, 2014
- April 16th - It’s all about flowers at the moment. I was... April 16, 2014
- 15th April - I noted when passing this evening that the field of... April 15, 2014
- April 15th - I seem to be going through a mechanical rough... April 15, 2014
- April 14th - Clayhanger Common is wonderful. On this sunny,... April 14, 2014
- April 13th - Back up on the Chase for the first decent, dry ride... April 14, 2014
- April 13th - Up on Cannock Chase. The ears. That’s... April 14, 2014
- April 13th - Up on the Chase properly for the first time in... April 13, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Pity the poor landlord
- New Craft and Farmers Market coming soon to Chasewater
- Please sign the petition requesting pedestrian crossings for Shire Oak
- A respectable draw with the champions
- Child dies in Brownhills Road accident - police statement
- You can never go back
- Urban Exploration at Linley Caverns, in 1957
- Jamey Coleman hit and run - police appeal for further information
- Fatal hit and run in Brownhills - appeal for help
- Pedestrian Crossings for Shire Oak - a campaign in memory of Jack Garrington
- 1,335,120 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge Andy Dennis Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Memories of Brownhills Past Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #365daysofbiking #30daysofbiking A slow, determined tug of war: ift.tt/1hVbb8q 2 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking #30daysofbiking On past conflict: ift.tt/1hV7fo0 3 hours ago
- My new commuting ride 37.media.tumblr.com/c66c1c18cbb1c6… 3 hours ago
- RT @arishapiro: If anyone tried to tell you Jews in Eastern Ukraine have to register, please send them this link: npr.org/2014/04/18/304… @n… 4 hours ago
- RT @carltonreid: Crackers. “Why do cyclists ride in the middle of the road?” is nearly on 60,000 Facebook likes. motoring.co.uk/car-news/cycli… 4 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
- Atomic Spin
- Eric Matthews – Poisons Will Pass Me
- Eric Matthews – Flight and Lion
- Eric Matthews – Distant Mother Reality
- Eric Matthews – Three-Cornered Moon
- Eric Matthews – Hop and Tickle
- Eric Matthews – Lust Takes Time
- Eric Matthews – Fried Out Broken Girl
- Eric Matthews – Angels for Crime
- Eric Matthews – Faith to Clay
- Eric Matthews – Soul Nation Select Them
Tag Archives: Park
Kate Cardigan Gomex, irrepressible wonder behind Lichfield Lore has organised a walk and tour around the remains of the incredible Fisherwick Park estate with her other project, Lichfield Discovered – it takes place tomorrow, Saturday 5th April 2014.
Continue reading →
Today, Walsall Wood FC face AFC Wulfrunians away at Castlecroft. Kickoff 3:00pm – best of luck to the lads!
February 8th 2014, Walsall Wood v Westfields away at allpay.park, Hereford – get down there if you can for some great local football!
Over the past couple of posts, the subject of Holland Park in Brownhills has come up, and reader Peter asked where it got it’s name – I knew it was named after Hyla John Holland, one of the great names in the history of Brownhills, but I realised I didn’t know much about the chap, or exactly what he did beyond being a councillor.
Helen Sanger, the Walsall Council Countryside Ranger responsible for Shire Oak Park Nature Reserve, has asked me to point out to readers and fans of the reserve that this coming Saturday, 9th November 2013 there will be a chance to meet with Tim Cleary, Countryside Operations Ranger.
I should have featured this yesterday, but didn’t get time – in what seems to be a new initiative, Walsall Wood Scouts, a thoroughly fine bunch of lads, have been undertaking small scale, supervised scrub clearance at Shire Oak Park Nature Reserve.
Kids already driving you mad – tomorrow, Wednesday 31st July 2013, there will be an opportunity to get them off that games console and out into the fresh air with a summer fun event at the popular Brownhills park.
Continue reading →
I noticed last week that heathland improvement works were planned by Walsall’s Counctry Services team – that’s the rangers I’ve posted so much about lately – at Shire Oak Park Local Nature Reserve in Brownhills.
Continue reading →