Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 31st - ‘Why the long face, mate?’... September 1, 2014
- August 31st - It was a gorgeous afternoon - sunny, warm, with... September 1, 2014
- August 30th - From the top of Shire Oak heading into Rushall, I... August 31, 2014
- August 30th - I don’t go to Shire Oak Park nearly enough.... August 31, 2014
- August 30th - This has me flummoxed, and quite, quite furious to... August 30, 2014
- August 29th - Never seen anything quite like this before. I was... August 30, 2014
- August 28th - Although summer is drawing to a close, some... August 29, 2014
- August 28th - A bit of a strange day. I wasn’t planning on... August 29, 2014
- August 27th - Just on the canal bank between the Black Cock... August 27, 2014
- August 27th - A run out mid afternoon on an errand. I headed up... August 27, 2014
- August 26th - In the backlanes between Stonnall and Shenstone... August 26, 2014
- August 26th - Even on a grim, grey day, Wall still has a... August 26, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- These are not well-to-do folk...
- Looking for Brenda Pitt, please
- Urgent - wallet lost in Brownhills
- Brownhills School Awards Day, November 1988
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- Shed burglaries in Shire Oak overnight: did you see anything?
- In Deed
- On the cut
- Woodmen fail to dent Stafford Rangers
- Aldridge Charity Cricket Match and Barbecue this afternoon!
- 1,642,090 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @distinctlybc: We love this clip, but if you want to see the full 1969 ATV film, get down to Dudley Museum on Friday https://t.co/Wr6mTO… 7 minutes ago
- RT @DAaronovitch: I wouldn't know about Jennifer Lawrence's nude selfies if it weren't for people excitedly tweeting about how I have no ri… 32 minutes ago
- RT @PrimlyStable: How journalism works: "I've read about this extremely complicated case in the papers and have come to the following indis… 46 minutes ago
- RT @distinctlybc: Kevin & Peggy talk about their experience of living in Bolton Court flats 1965-2010 distinctlyblackcountry.org.uk/blockcapital/s… http://t.co/yz… 47 minutes ago
- RT @D_Shariatmadari: When Gordon Brown says he hates the bedroom tax, you really believe him. Why when we get authentic politicians do we c… 53 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market September 7, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
- Chasewater Strollers September 8, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 15, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market October 5, 2014 at 9:00 am – 2:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Tag Archives: Ordnance Survey
If you’re engaged in the local online community, you’ll have no doubt caught up with this already, but for those who haven’t, there’s a new historical mapping resource available online right now, free of charge, and it’s really rather special. Continue reading
One of the good things about Christmas is having time to catch up with the posts I’ve been meaning to compile for ages – this one is a specific one that’s been needed since I started the blog really, and is a key to very large scale maps I use here on the blog.
Today, I’ve mostly been trawling the paper mapping record for Clayhanger, in order to throw a little more light on the issues it faced in the post war years – debate about subsidence and flooding and the subsequent land restoration that occurred has been ongoing, and this is a really interesting bit of local history for me.
Following on from the post ‘Old ground’, reader Mike Armstrong asked for more of the Lichfield and Whittington area – so here you go.