Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 27th - It was a clear, bright moonlit night and I had an... August 28, 2015
- August 27th - Returning to Brownhills that evening, I stopped to... August 28, 2015
- August 26th - I think I was a bit previous on the acorn thing.I... August 28, 2015
- August 26th - Returning late in a glorious golden hour, I... August 28, 2015
- August 25th - Although it was a grey, miserable morning, the... August 25, 2015
- August 25th - The land at the bottom of Bentley Mill Way, wedged... August 25, 2015
- August 24th - A remarkable sunset struck when I was travelling... August 25, 2015
- August 24th - Fruits of all kinds from berries, to nuts to... August 25, 2015
- August 23rd - On my way to a friend’s house in the evening, I... August 24, 2015
- August 23rd - Caught in heavy rains at Cannock Chase, I headed... August 24, 2015
- August 22nd - A day of unexpected jobs and delayed activity, I... August 24, 2015
- August 21st - It was a grey, damp Friday afternoon, and it felt... August 24, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Heritage Gathering coming soon!
- December 1989 - Shopkeepers angry about the neglect of Silver Court
- Going Back
- Ticket to ride
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - August public meeting this evening
- Please beware - another indecent exposure incident reported
- Major road closes this Sunday for 7 weeks: be prepared
- Good news - a new food store for Walsall Wood
- Aldridge, The Great War - A post from Linda Mason
- 2,558,900 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Pelsall planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @GeorgiaLocock: Latest blog: Thanks Mr Gibb but nature is important - georgiaswildlifewatch.wordpress.com/2015/08/27/tha… 4 hours ago
- RT @paradisecircus: So we hear. http://t.co/4ZikCFjCaR 4 hours ago
- RT @tweetypye23: Cleaning out cat litter makes me feel like a shit archeologist. 4 hours ago
- Me and the little pickle: making stuff FTW 4 hours ago
- RT @Buster3640: Playing train bingo! http://t.co/UKBY4FafAc 5 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers August 31, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Old maps
I realise this is a bit off piste for the Brownhills Blog, but we have interests in Lichfield, so I think it’s appropriate – a few weeks ago Peter ‘Pedro’ Cutler spotted the following clipping in the newspaper archives.
For those who don’t follow the comments here, there was an interesting discussion last week after I featured a section of the Teasdale 1842 map from Clive Roberts’ new history site: The discussion that sprang up was about the nature and purpose of Friezland Lane in Shire Oak, and amongst the discussion was rom rather wild speculation by myself about the way the Parish borders run between Brownhills and Walsall Wood.
People who follow the blog close will be aware of one particular contributor who’s well-loved by all, has his own distinct style, and never fails to cheer anyone reading his fascinating comments – and today, I can share with readers something remarkable donated by Reg ‘Aer Reg’ Fullelove for us to all to read and digest.
People who follow the blog close will be aware of one particular contributor who’s well-loved by all Continue reading
I often get lots of short questions or observations that aren’t, despite my best efforts, big enough to make one post out of; so here are a selection of recent ones which aren’t connected to each other, but I’m thinking readers may be able to help with them, or perhaps they’ll provoke debate.