Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 12th - Coming home late, it was raining quite hard. It... December 13, 2013
- December 12th - I spotted him on the canal towpath in Pleck,... December 13, 2013
- December 11th - Taking a short cut through the Butts (no... December 12, 2013
- December 11th - In the midst of an industrial Darlaston winter... December 12, 2013
- December 11th - The waste fridge problem continues. Spotted in... December 12, 2013
- December 10th - Walsall Wood again has a Christmas Tree that... December 11, 2013
- December 10th - If I’ve got time, when cycling to... December 11, 2013
- December 9th - After some years of the awful skeletal Christmas... December 9, 2013
- December 9th - It was a beautiful commute this morning. Heading... December 9, 2013
- December 8th - I really didn’t know what to do with these... December 8, 2013
- December 8th - Not another bloody sunset? Sorry. They are very... December 8, 2013
- beautyinbirmingham: Sunset over Fox Hollies Park in Acocks... December 8, 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- A little to the east
- This Saturday: Christmas magic in Brownhills!
- Changes to local bin collections this week!
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Why not pop in to Brownhills Christmas Tree Festival?
- Old Ground
- Bloxwich: men in tights!
- Local quiz 1
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Car accident in Short Street, Brownhills yesterday
- 1,033,341 hits
- 2013 Aldridge Andy Dennis bike cam Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Countryside Services cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood Graham Evans history Lichfield Lichfield District Council Lichfield Mercury local blogs Local History Local politics Memories of Brownhills Past Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Ogley Hay Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Reservoir Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Social Services Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Housing Group Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @wellings351: Infants school trip tp pantomime at Lichfield Garrick yesterday. Show was outstanding and organisation /welcome by the the… 1 hour ago
- RT @Vemsteroo: Birmingham at night, looking out across empty Moor Street platforms #birmingham #monochrome #somecities @brumpic http://t.co… 1 hour ago
- This Saturday: Christmas magic in Brownhills! wp.me/pvAxA-4nX via @BrownhillsBob 2 hours ago
- RT @beztweets: Also, a woman driving a car with one completely flat tyre. Knocked on the window, got a "yes, I know" gesture and on she dro… 2 hours ago
- RT @beztweets: Saw two other people on bikes on my ride to the station. Total lights between them: 0. Grr. 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
- Atomic Spin
- Public Service Broadcasting – Signal 30
- Public Service Broadcasting – Everest
- Public Service Broadcasting – Theme From PSB
- Public Service Broadcasting – Inform - Educate - Entertain
- Public Service Broadcasting – Spitfire
- Public Service Broadcasting – Night Mail
- Public Service Broadcasting – Waltz for George
- Public Service Broadcasting – Dig for Victory
- Public Service Broadcasting – Spitfire
- Public Service Broadcasting – London Can Take It
Tag Archives: Oak Park
I noticed last week that revised plans had been submitted for the replacement of the decaying Oak Park Leisure Centre at Walsall Wood – I thought I’d feature them here as a fair few folk are interested in the issue, and it remains somewhat contentious.
Walsall Wood Football Club today play Guernsey FC away, in a re-run of the match last week at Oak Park that ended in a gripping stalemate 0-0 draw. Walsall Wood have generally been on a bit of a winning streak lately, and beating the boys in green is not an impossibility.
Andy Roper from Walsall Wood Football Club has been online drumming up support for the club’s upcoming match against Guernsey FC. Our small local team have been on a bit of a winning streak lately, and by all accounts this promises to be a bit of a David and Goliath epic, and I’m sure everyone in the Midlands is behind the boys from Up The Wood.
Reader and contributor Daryl Preston has supplied some great material for the Brownhills Blog. Not only did he supply the excellent photo from the Middle Oak (latterly restored beautifully by Lisa Downes), but he appears to be a sporting gentleman, … Continue reading
I’ve been alerted to this upcoming event by Councillor Mike Flower and Walsall Council’s press office, and it seems like a great event. Following the success of the party for the opening of the skate park, this should go well, … Continue reading
I received a press release from the grey Lubyanka a few days ago about the revamp of the skate park at the rear of Oak Park Leisure Centre, a project which I must confess that i wasn’t aware of. I … Continue reading
Last week, some odd news began to circulate about the future of Walsall Wood’s leisure centre, Oak Park. On the 21st October 2009, there was a slightly alarmist piece on excellent Walsall news site The YamYam, and on the same … Continue reading