Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 5th - In case you haven’t noticed, there’s an election on.... May 6, 2015
- May 5th - On a morning commute from hell, against a headwind... May 6, 2015
- May 4th - The day may have been on the dull side, but the... May 4, 2015
- May 4th - A run out in the afternoon didn’t reward me with the... May 4, 2015
- madoldbaggage: A walk at Park Lime Pits, local nature reserve,... May 4, 2015
- May 3rd - Another spot that benefited from the sunshine and... May 4, 2015
- May 3rd - An old cycling friend of mine whom I used to meet... May 4, 2015
- May 2nd - How can grey days be so beautiful? It was awful... May 3, 2015
- May 2nd - I had the camera, this time - although the light was... May 3, 2015
- May 1st - Similarly, this poor phone photo of Fishpond Wood in... May 3, 2015
- May 1st - Like an idiot, I left my camera at home this morning.... May 3, 2015
- April 30th - I returned the same way, but the deer had moved on.... April 30, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Ninety years, a true Brownhills sportsman
- A quiet afternoon
- Chasewater Rangers Rant Spring 2015
- Millfield School needs you!
- Park up, take a pew...
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- Heroes and Villans
- A clean sweep at Chasewater - at last
- 2014 Walsall local election results - there may be trouble ahead
- Going down a bomb
- 2,269,955 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @HofGreasePaint: @BrownhillsMTC Break a leg to all our chums at Brownhills! Have a blinding opening night and a superb week, from all of… 1 hour ago
- Can almost feel the recoil in horror 1 hour ago
- Love the fact that I was followed and unfollowed within a couple of minutes by @nicolaareamgr - presumably because I mentioned Darlaston 1 hour ago
- RT @lahoare: Whoa. Two #UKIP candidates in Bradford tell @NicoHines 9/11 was a hoax and the British government was behind 7/7 http://t.co/P… 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Joni Mitchell – For the Roses
- Joni Mitchell – Let The Wind Carry Me
- Joni Mitchell – Lesson in Survival
- Joni Mitchell – Barangrill
- Joni Mitchell – Cold Blue Steel and Sweet Fire
- Joni Mitchell – Banquet
- Joni Mitchell – Twisted
- Joni Mitchell – Trouble Child
- Joni Mitchell – Raised on Robbery
- Joni Mitchell – Just Like This Train
- Chasewater Strollers May 11, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 18, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 25, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Norton Pool
I still have a little of the very popular Mavis Woodhouse material to come – so far we’ve had the Foxes Row and Victor Haines articles, the Fred Shingler film of Newtown, Mavis’s recollections of the mining history, the curious disappearing cottage, and memories of Sunday School in the small community on the Watling Street.
The Mavis Woodhouse material featured here of late is a local history gift that just keeps giving, and yesterday, I had a fascinating email very kindly sent to me by Ann Grinstead, the lady who edited the initial copy of Mavis’s family history, subsequently later edited for the blog by the young David Evans.
Mavis Woodhouse really started something when she kindly donated her family history material to the blog – the Foxes Row article was very popular, the Victor Haines material had us all head scratching, and the film of Newtown that was so newly relevant has had a huge number of views.
This is just a quick one, as I thought we needed to get at least a little bit of history in at long last – and this one has piqued my curiosity, as my antenna always twitch when I hear subsidence legends.
The generosity of Mavis Woodhouse in allowing David Evans, myself and you readers to share her privately produced family history book is really proving to be a rich source of discussion, debate and new local history tangents – the Foxes Row article was very popular, the Victor Haines material had us all head scratching, and the film of Newtown that was so newly relevant has had a huge number of views.