Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 30th - If you’re planning to go for a walk or... October 31, 2014
- October 30th - The morning commute was marked by the wildlife I... October 31, 2014
- October 29th - Just near the Post Office on Victoria Road,... October 30, 2014
- October 29th - On the edge of Darlaston’s industrial area... October 30, 2014
- October 28th - Coming into the town centre from the Green, I... October 29, 2014
- October 28th - Autumn seems to be lasting forever this year. The... October 29, 2014
- October 27th - A quieter, and altogether more successful hunter... October 28, 2014
- October 27th - Ah, Mr. Calico… we meet again. This male... October 28, 2014
- October 26th - I popped up to Shire Oak Park on the way back,... October 27, 2014
- October 26th - I went out in the morning in a heavy wind to run... October 27, 2014
- October 25th - The Parade, Brownhills. Just by Holland... October 27, 2014
- October 25th - I spotted them by chance as I shot down Church... October 27, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Serious road accident in Shelfield last night
- Urgent - motorbike just stolen from Walsall Wood
- January 1990 - Call for flood investigation...
- Bonfire and fireworks in Brownhills this Saturday!
- Burglary in Shire Oak: Please be on your guard
- Motorbike accident in Brownhills?
- Police appeal for witnesses to fatal road collision in Walsall Wood
- A son of The Wood
- December 1989 - Shopkeepers angry about the neglect of Silver Court
- Cyclist hurt in Brownhills incident
- 1,773,342 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @thestymaster: McDonald’s unveils ‘at least it’s not a f**king gourmet burger’ slogan thedailymash.co.uk/news/business/… 6 minutes ago
- RT @rich22222: Finally got my dft approved bike wall mount up. http://t.co/dbaks8NwKC 6 minutes ago
- RT @AlisonMoyet: When did we import Halloween? It's a bit of bollocks, isn't it? See you on the 5th outside Forbuoys. I'll be with a blok… 7 minutes ago
- RT @G_IW: I see so called local group Willenhall Ay We are showing their true political colours. Out campaigning with the Tories in town. 9 minutes ago
- RT @BrutalHouse: Sunderland New Town Postcard #Modernism — via @tumblr http://t.co/tYvwv3i62B 10 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Frazier Chorus – Little Piece Of Hell
- Frazier Chorus – Blistered
- Frazier Chorus – Nothing - The Land Of Oz Mix
- Frazier Chorus – Nothing - raid mix
- Frazier Chorus – Nothing - Edit
- Frazier Chorus – Cloud 8 - future mix
- Frazier Chorus – Cloud 8 (Richie Rich Reconstruction)
- Frazier Chorus – Cloud 8 - Swing Machine Vocal Mix
- Frazier Chorus – Cloud 8 - Raid Mix
- Frazier Chorus – The Window
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: New Photos
Hey people – please be on the lookout for a stolen Honda NSC50R Repsol motorbike, taken in this evening between 9 and 10pm from Quantock Close, just off Occupation Road, Walsall Wood. Continue reading →
I’ve finally bought my own copy of Clive Roberts’ book ‘ Snippets of History In and around Walsall Wood’ which I review here today – I must say the 79 page £8 book is a cracker – and it’s available right now.
Last year, I ran a series of articles here on the Brownhills Blog about Brownhills Co-operative Choral Society, a very highly respected musical ensemble indeed, and a remarkable, often overlooked piece of Brownhills history.
Just a quick post here to spark a few memories for long time pub-goers in the local area – Shaun Treadwell has kindly dropped me a line with these excellent images which I just had to share.
Continue reading →
Walsall Local History Fair will take place now, today (25th October 2014) at The Crossing at St. Pauls, Darwall Street, Walsall, between 10:30am – 3:30pm – it’s free, and a great event.
Continue reading →
The young David Evans has kindly alerted me last week to a new history book on Walsall Wood, written by local author Clive Roberts who’s a lifelong Walsall Wood mon™, local historian and occasional contributor to the blog.
Do you recognise the above Staffordshire Bull Terrier – It was found yesterday (Friday 17th October 2014) by Kellymay Worrall in Brownhills.