Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 29th - It was just an awfully uninspiring day. There were... March 30, 2015
- March 29th - The start of British Summertime, and out of the... March 30, 2015
- March 28th - Another type of life entirely, and one for the cat... March 28, 2015
- March 28th - Even on the greyest days, Brownhills has signs of... March 28, 2015
- March 27th - Hands up, who knew there were still the ruins of a... March 28, 2015
- March 27th - Sunset over the Tame Valley canal, looking from... March 28, 2015
- March 27th - This seems unusual to me - well developed Canada... March 28, 2015
- March 27th - Another afternoon escape, and I hit the canal... March 28, 2015
- March 26th - Love locks seem to be becoming a thing in the UK... March 27, 2015
- March 26th - It was a tough ride; the wind had been forged on... March 27, 2015
- March 26th - I escaped work early, and despite a fearsome wind,... March 27, 2015
- March 25th - As it happened, I never got to a place where the... March 26, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Sunday puzzle: Who's in this lineup?
- Mining the information
- As the dual carriageway came through
- Dabbling in Heroine
- September 1993 - A day to remember!
- Do you give a monkeys?
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- A local mining accident - more information available
- Fatal hit and run in Brownhills - appeal for help
- 2,179,724 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #365daysofbiking Wetter than an otter’s pocket: ift.tt/1BZ8zug 23 minutes ago
- #365daysofbiking At their most beautiful: ift.tt/1Dn2KOt 24 minutes ago
- #365daysofbiking Even the pigeons: ift.tt/1EWVSCn 25 minutes ago
- #365daysofbiking Out of the darkness: ift.tt/1G9PqvE 26 minutes ago
- RT @tommykaboom: It's very windy outside http://t.co/2LWJymMZdS 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Morgan Bowers
This post is important, and was wholly written by Walsall Council Senior Wildlife Ranger Morgan Bowers (The Reremouse) – this is an issue of huge concern to me, and I repeat the post here as I think it will be a worry to all of us.
Continue reading →
Are you interested in wildlife, or maybe have a budding David Attenborough or Chris Packham in the family – wnt to bring out your inner Bill Oddie or Simon King – If so, Brownhills Common is the place to be this Friday and Saturday.
Are you interested in wildlife, or maybe have a budding David Attenborough or Chris Packham in the family – wnt to bring out your inner Bill Oddie or Simon King – If so, Brownhills Common is the place to be on Friday 16th and Saturday 17th May 2014.
I’m a bit late with this (I’ve only just realised it’s on) but today (Saturday 5th April 2014) is Peregrine Watch at the New Art Galley Walsall – it’s running now until 3pm, so if you can, do pop up.
Continue reading →
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – this Friday there’s a chance to meet and listen to very experienced, knowledgable naturalists and conservationists talk about just what a special, rare habitat Brownhills Common is, and why it requires careful and measured stewardship.
Continue reading →
I received a press release from Walsall Council, stating that following the brouhaha over Brownhills Common and the subsequent petition, there is to be a special scrutiny meeting at the Council House on this very matter, tonight Monday, 13th May 2013, at 6pm.
I received a press release from Walsall Council today, stating that following the brouhaha over Brownhills Common and the subsequent petition, there is to be a special scrutiny meeting at the Council House on this very matter, next Monday, 13th May 2013, at 6pm.