Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 26th - Around the corner, the new housing development at... May 26, 2015
- May 26th - I had cause to visit Walsall Wood on my way home, on... May 26, 2015
- May 25th - On the Plants Brook/New Hall Valley cycle route NCN... May 26, 2015
- May 25th - I’ve found a little oasis I never realised existed,... May 26, 2015
- madoldbaggage: Spring flowers etc this bank holiday weekend at... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The wildflowers and blossom are wonderful this year.... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The Watermead swan family in Brownhills are doing... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - On my way home, I rode past the JCB plant at... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - Here’s an odd one. Half way up the hill, on the... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - I needn’t have worried. The first century of the year... May 25, 2015
- May 22nd - I’d been planning a long ride the following day for a... May 25, 2015
- May 22nd - A quick trip to Lichfield after lunch on a very dull... May 25, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Reg Morris - a great Brownhillian
- Spring is on her throne
- The team team of '57
- Bogus caller cons OAP in Shire Oak
- October 1994 - ￼Vandalism Strikes Again!
- Why not visit a local working water mill today?
- By George, he's got it!
- Do you remember Brownhills United?
- Walsall Woodstock 2015 cancelled!
- What's this stuff about, then?
- 2,320,751 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Why PowerPoint Should Be Banned: bit.ly/1chcsVP 49 minutes ago
- #365daysofbiking A positive development: ift.tt/1SB1c8p 1 hour ago
- #365daysofbiking Optimistic: ift.tt/1LEIPdp 1 hour ago
- RT @bikesnobnyc: Embarassing # of riders running lights RIGHT into oncoming traffic this evening. But they were all wearing helme(n)ts, so… 1 hour ago
- RT @bellamyonabike: Tonight was a swan/cygnet kinda ride. http://t.co/RUsRWbbmRd 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Neil Halstead – High Hopes
- Neil Halstead – Dreamed I Saw Soldiers
- Neil Halstead – Sleeping on Roads
- Neil Halstead – Martha’s Mantra (For the Pain)
- Neil Halstead – See You on Rooftops
- Neil Halstead – Hi-Lo and Inbetween
- Neil Halstead – Driving with Bert
- Neil Halstead – Two Stones In My Pocket
- Neil Halstead – Seasons
- Neil Halstead – The Finer Points Of Flying
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Morgan Bowers
This post is important, and was wholly written by Walsall Council Senior Wildlife Ranger Morgan Bowers (The Reremouse) – this is an issue of huge concern to me, and I repeat the post here as I think it will be a worry to all of us.
Continue reading →
Are you interested in wildlife, or maybe have a budding David Attenborough or Chris Packham in the family – wnt to bring out your inner Bill Oddie or Simon King – If so, Brownhills Common is the place to be this Friday and Saturday.
Are you interested in wildlife, or maybe have a budding David Attenborough or Chris Packham in the family – wnt to bring out your inner Bill Oddie or Simon King – If so, Brownhills Common is the place to be on Friday 16th and Saturday 17th May 2014.
I’m a bit late with this (I’ve only just realised it’s on) but today (Saturday 5th April 2014) is Peregrine Watch at the New Art Galley Walsall – it’s running now until 3pm, so if you can, do pop up.
Continue reading →
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – this Friday there’s a chance to meet and listen to very experienced, knowledgable naturalists and conservationists talk about just what a special, rare habitat Brownhills Common is, and why it requires careful and measured stewardship.
Continue reading →
I received a press release from Walsall Council, stating that following the brouhaha over Brownhills Common and the subsequent petition, there is to be a special scrutiny meeting at the Council House on this very matter, tonight Monday, 13th May 2013, at 6pm.
I received a press release from Walsall Council today, stating that following the brouhaha over Brownhills Common and the subsequent petition, there is to be a special scrutiny meeting at the Council House on this very matter, next Monday, 13th May 2013, at 6pm.