Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 7th - The distraction was a murmuration of Starlings.... December 7, 2013
- December 7th - The sunset was even better than I expected. I... December 7, 2013
- December 7th - Up for a spin around Chasewater to catch the... December 7, 2013
- December 6th - I finished work early, and headed to Lichfield to... December 7, 2013
- deantheman: A week in walsall 7th December 2013 I was walking... December 7, 2013
- December 5th - Without a functioning rail service, there was no... December 6, 2013
- December 5th - It wasn’t a great day for train travel in... December 6, 2013
- December 4th - Also in South Wigston, a postie’s bike. I... December 4, 2013
- December 4th - I was in Leicester again, but on a better day.... December 4, 2013
- December 4th - Circumstances appear to have dictated that sadly,... December 4, 2013
- December 3rd - An evening ride up to Walsall Wood had me... December 3, 2013
- December 3rd - A better day today. The bug had receded, and I... December 3, 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- Small increments
- Follow that elephant!
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Walsall Wood FC unexpectedly back in the game - this Saturday!
- Norton Canes Christmas Fayre this afternoon!
- Changes to local bin collections this week!
- Walsall Wood F.C. - no second chance
- Car accident in Short Street, Brownhills yesterday
- The end and the beginning
- Underground investigations - The Grove Pit Disaster remembered
- 1,027,576 hits
- 2013 Aldridge Andy Dennis bike cam Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Countryside Services cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood Graham Evans history Lichfield Lichfield District Council Lichfield Mercury local blogs Local History Local politics Memories of Brownhills Past Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Ogley Hay Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Reservoir Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Social Services Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Housing Group Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @AnnetteRubery: Boris - feeling a bit better? #cats #moggy #puss instagram.com/p/hqhWOPRjTV/ 22 minutes ago
- RT @_LaDiabla: This is the face of a badger that has seen some things. http://t.co/ugagZEJrwb 23 minutes ago
- RT @SpencerSLK: A room with a view. Wake up to this. @Liverpool1207 @yoliverpool @LifeLiverpool @garymillar @itsliverpool http://t.co/ifKw… 23 minutes ago
- RT @bikesnobnyc: @thebikeshow "we are dealing with ordinary non-sophisticated bicycle customers" = what Specialized really thinks of you. 1 hour ago
- Good post from Walsall Labour on education after Serco walsall-labour.org.uk/2013/12/specia… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
- Atomic Spin
- The Undertones – It's Going To Happen
- Calexico – Close Behind
- Euphoria – Blue (With Tina Dico)
- Gomez – If I Ask You Nicely
- The Beatles – She Said She Said
- Iron & Wine – House by the Sea
- Iron & Wine – The Devil Never Sleeps
- Calexico – Letter To Bowie Knife
- Iron & Wine – Grace For Saints And Ramblers
- Joni Mitchell – Dog Eat Dog
Tag Archives: Methodist Church
Now, this is a great article for a lazy Sunday, and one which I suspect may raise some comment within the local history community, where I know there to be still much debate about the war and exactly how Brownhills was hit by enemy air attacks.
Continue reading →
I just wondered if anyone out there had local christmas stuff they wanted publiscising here on the blog. In previous years in Brownhills, the Town Centre Team have had unified ‘Magic of Christmas’ branded events, but since Antonia has moved on to pastures new, it all seems a bit haphazard this year.
Continue reading →
As part of the usual Brownhills Christmas celebrations, this fantastic display opens this evening.
Continue reading →
This looks like an interesting event for Saturday. There will be cake, so not being much of a royalist, that’s enough to get my vote. You can never have enough cake, as any cyclist knows. Vickie Heydon-Matterface had this to … Continue reading →
From Brownhills Town Centre Partnership Facebook page: Today (Saturday, 10th December) sees Brownhills Christmas Market at Brownhills Methodist Church between 9am and 3pm. There will be festive music, children’s crafts and seasonal refreshments as well as a chance to pop … Continue reading →
Great friend of The Brownhills Blog, Andy Hollyhead, has kindly supplied some pictures from the previously mentioned Brownhills Christmas Tree Festival taken last night. The festival continues, and tomorrow there will be a Christmas Market at the Methodist Church in … Continue reading →
As part of the Christmas Magic in Brownhills series of festive events, this fantastic display opens this evening. Brownhills Christmas Tree Festival Brownhills Methodist Church, Silver Street Switch on : Thursday 8th December @ 7.30pm Come along and see the … Continue reading →
Vicky Heydon-Matterface contacted me recently to ask if I’d publiscise this upcoming community consultation event in Brownhills. There will be two, the first taking place this Saturday 5th March at Brownhills Methodist Church from 10:00AM to 1:00PM. It’s a multi-agency … Continue reading →