Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 7th - I was right about the rain and fungus. At the... October 7, 2015
- October 7th - After the last couple of days of wet, grey... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - Traffic. Tell me when my red light turns green. I... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - Also looking good in the autumn colour is church... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - A terribly grey morning, spotting with rain and I... October 7, 2015
- October 6th - It’s nice to see a local pub coming back from the... October 6, 2015
- 4th October - And finally, watch out if you’re riding along the... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - The fly agaric are a bit thin on the ground this... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - I have no idea what his name was, but this young... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - A considerably different day, the sun was again... October 5, 2015
- October 3rd - The old railway between Pelsall and Brownhills... October 5, 2015
- October 3rd - A short recovery ride over to Clayhanger Marsh and... October 5, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Walsall Wood Remembrance Parade - what a mess!
- Back of the net! Brian Stringer's latest book on sale now!
- June 1990 - Avenues fight on
- Woodmen make short shrift of Shifnal
- 56 bus service: Travel West Midlands to fill the gap
- Funeral arrangements for Michael Cater
- Have you seen Benny the cat?
- Brownhills United 1974-5: Athletic figures and groovy hairstyles
- November 1995 - Grandad's a hero (and here's when the story ends)
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- 2,649,400 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- You know, I think Walsall Wood should declare it's holding a protest on Remembrance Sunday. @WMPolice turn out in force for those 1 hour ago
- RT @sy968: @Alltheway80s we had 2 independant record shops in brownhills . Used to save up my pocket money to buy records from them 10 hours ago
- RT @ABoreReactions: When you're listening to the new Chvrches record and there's a song where they give lead vocal to one of the blokes htt… 10 hours ago
- 'Voices From Chernobyl' Author Svetlana Alexievich Wins Lit Nobel - Slashdot news.slashdot.org/story/15/10/08… 10 hours ago
- Analog devices - not dead (@thestymaster) hackaday.com/2015/10/08/how… 10 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers October 12, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 19, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 26, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Methodist Church
Friend of the blog Deryck Langford writes to inform me that there’s a fashion show and clothing event happening this Saturday evening (that’s 18th April 2015) at the Silver Street Methodist Church in Silver Street, Brownhills at 7:30pm.
David Evans has kindly sent in these wonderful images of Brownhills Methodist Church Christmas Tree Festival, where there’s also a Christmas Market on today (Saturday, 14th December 2013) from 9:00am until 1:30pm.
Continue reading →
As part of the usual Brownhills Christmas celebrations, this fantastic display is open today…
Now, this is a great article for a lazy Sunday, and one which I suspect may raise some comment within the local history community, where I know there to be still much debate about the war and exactly how Brownhills was hit by enemy air attacks.
Continue reading →
I just wondered if anyone out there had local christmas stuff they wanted publiscising here on the blog. In previous years in Brownhills, the Town Centre Team have had unified ‘Magic of Christmas’ branded events, but since Antonia has moved on to pastures new, it all seems a bit haphazard this year.
Continue reading →
As part of the usual Brownhills Christmas celebrations, this fantastic display opens this evening.
Continue reading →
This looks like an interesting event for Saturday. There will be cake, so not being much of a royalist, that’s enough to get my vote. You can never have enough cake, as any cyclist knows. Vickie Heydon-Matterface had this to … Continue reading →