Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 24th - First of the year for me, spotted on the riverbank... April 25, 2015
- April 24th - A long ride today. I had an early meeting in... April 25, 2015
- April 23rd - A waiting game. Still she patiently sits on her... April 23, 2015
- April 23rd - Stopped at the lights in Darlaston, I realised a... April 23, 2015
- That shrub... April 23, 2015
- April 22nd - A spin around Stonnall on an errand on the way... April 23, 2015
- April 22nd - I spotted this striking red and green shrub in a... April 23, 2015
- April 21st - A tradition, now, like the waste ground at South... April 21, 2015
- April 21st - Another bitingly cold morning, but in Mill Green,... April 21, 2015
- April 20th - And in Telford, all along the cycleways from... April 20, 2015
- April 20th - A shock this morning. I had a train to catch so... April 20, 2015
- April 19th - I still wasn’t feeling great, and added to which I... April 20, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- A historical query... can anyone help?
- April 1994 - Industrialists at war with neighbour
- May 1994 - Sad loss of Terry Clarke
- Walsall Wood, 1881. A melting pot...
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- St. George's community celebration at Walsall Wood FC on now!
- Coronation chicken
- Anyone found some keys with USB drives attached in Shire Oak?
- Aldridge Brownhills election hustings - on tonight!
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- 2,251,431 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @mwl462: That letter from small businesses uses a lot of phrases used on the Tory campaign trail...Sure it's just a coincidence. 11 minutes ago
- RT @rosshawkes: Need a copy of this for my paper geek collection. Anyone help? ---> @mellydailyecho: Tomorrow's front page... http://t.co/E… 16 minutes ago
- Eoin there, rattling pointlessly like 6 skeletons having a gangbang on a tin roof 31 minutes ago
- RT @hopenothate: HOPE not hate news: Ed Miliband Called 'The Jew' By Derby Tory Candidate Gulzabeen Afsar hopenothate.org.uk/news/home/arti… 32 minutes ago
- RT @Naz_Faulkner: Some candidates pledge to do things for their constituents if they're elected. If they care so much, why don't they do th… 33 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Neil Cowley Trio – Distance by Clockwork
- Neil Cowley Trio – Slims
- Neil Cowley Trio – Mini Ha Ha
- Neil Cowley Trio – Skies Are Rare
- Neil Cowley Trio – Meyer
- Neil Cowley Trio – Fable
- Neil Cowley Trio – Rooster Was A Witness
- Neil Cowley Trio – Lament
- The Magnetic Fields – Dust Bowl
- The Magnetic Fields – Sunset City
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: meeting
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that tonight (Thursday 26th March 2015) there is a public progress meeting for the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch with a tipoff of yet another free Lichfield Discovered talk tomorrow morning (Tuesday, 24th February 2015) at Curborough Community Centere, Lichfield, from 10am until 12 noon.
Here’s a really positive followup (and what looks at the moment to be a blog exclusive) to a story I featured a couple of weeks ago, when Esther Allen of The Chasewater Strollers parent and toddler group contacted me to publicise their petition against the planned closure of both Burntwood Childrens Centres – otherwise known as ‘Surestart’.
Esther Allen of Chasewater Strollers and Councillor ‘Aunty Sue’ Woodward have been in touch over the weekend to let me know that they’re very worried about the future of the two Children’s centres in Burntwood, and have launched a campaign and petition to keep them open.
Readers with long memories may well recall that in December 2014 there was some furore over the selection of the next Conservative Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Aldridge Brownhills following the standing down of Richard Shepherd, who’s retiring from his 36 year tenure at the next general election.
It’s often the case when compiling the blog that unconnected threads spring at tangents from original articles – and so it was last week when I featured Ruth Penrhyn-Lowe’s excellent scanned postcards in the awfully titled ‘Overcome with emulsion’ post.
This Sunday morning (15th June 2014 at 11:00am), there’s going to be a rather excellent event put on by Lichfield Discovered, a side project of Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore – a walk along the line of the great, legendary and hotly debated Hanch Tunnel.