Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 20th - Oh my goodness this is clever, but I’ve... October 21, 2014
- October 20th - I had to pop into Walsall Wood on my way home, so... October 21, 2014
- October 19th- a busy, fraught and not terribly productive day, I... October 20, 2014
- October 18th - Certainly seeing that family with five cygnets... October 20, 2014
- October 18th - In Pelsall to meet a pal for lunch, I spotted the... October 20, 2014
- October 17th - I came back from Shenstone just as darkness was... October 20, 2014
- October 17th - The morning commute was damp, and a little... October 20, 2014
- October 16th - I’ve come to the conclusion there’s... October 20, 2014
- October 16th - The patch of grass near Anchor Bridge in... October 20, 2014
- October 15th - I returned to Brownhills late in the afternoon... October 16, 2014
- October 15th - I passed through Churchbridge on the A5 between... October 16, 2014
- October 14th - Even on the dullest, wettest days this autumn has... October 16, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Stolen Landrover - please keep an eye out, folks
- Building your new transport network... in 1974
- Wood 'n' heart - a new book out now!
- Chasewater: here's why the water is low
- Walsall Wood own Sphinx
- A Christmas market for Brownhills?
- Brownhills Bonfire 2014 - can you help with pallets?
- Hunting Lodge
- Inn for a treat
- Be vigilant: Nasty burglary in Brownhills last Sunday
- 1,747,407 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- OKI A3 laser printers: whole bag of hurt. Don't buy one. 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Weatherwood – Medley: Fly All Around My Pretty Little Miss, Ol' Joe Clark
- Weatherwood – Black Walnut Woods
- Weatherwood – Medley: Monument, Wintergreen Jig
- Weatherwood – String with Cats
- Weatherwood – Tourner a Trois
- Weatherwood – Medley: Ramblin' Pitchfork, Top O' Cork Road, Morrison's Jig
- Weatherwood – Planxty George Brabazon
- Weatherwood – Ice Fall
- Weatherwood – Planxty Fanny Power
- Weatherwood – Medley: Bear Canyon Jig, Scatter The Mud
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: May
It’s always a pleasure and delight to feature contributions from Walsall Wood history experts John and Paul Anslow – yesterday they sent me an absolutely remarkable group photo following the wedding of Walter Yates from Walsall Wood to Annie Baker of Stafford in 1910.
You folks all know me well enough by now to see that I think it’s really important we get behind stuff that bonds us good folk and our communities together – one such event is the Caldmore and Palfrey Festival.
Continue reading →
This bank holiday weekend – Sunday 25th May and Monday 27th May 2014 – sees the annual Walsall Woodstock music and entertainment festival at the Horse and Jockey Pub, Walsall Wood.
Are you interested in wildlife, or maybe have a budding David Attenborough or Chris Packham in the family – wnt to bring out your inner Bill Oddie or Simon King – If so, Brownhills Common is the place to be this Friday and Saturday.
Are you interested in wildlife, or maybe have a budding David Attenborough or Chris Packham in the family – wnt to bring out your inner Bill Oddie or Simon King – If so, Brownhills Common is the place to be on Friday 16th and Saturday 17th May 2014.
I received a press release from Walsall Council, stating that following the brouhaha over Brownhills Common and the subsequent petition, there is to be a special scrutiny meeting at the Council House on this very matter, tonight Monday, 13th May 2013, at 6pm.
I received a press release from Walsall Council today, stating that following the brouhaha over Brownhills Common and the subsequent petition, there is to be a special scrutiny meeting at the Council House on this very matter, next Monday, 13th May 2013, at 6pm.