Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 26th - After the wet, grey and unpleasant morning, it... November 26, 2015
- November 26th - Spotted in a works bike rack, this fine steed. A... November 26, 2015
- November 26th - Yet another wet, miserable commute, and I feel I... November 26, 2015
- November 25th - Another good one for Bob’s big book of bizarre... November 25, 2015
- November 25th - Spotted on a damp Darlaston canal towpath just... November 25, 2015
- November 24th - Working very late, I returned sapped of mental... November 25, 2015
- November 23rd - it’s been a while coming this year, but a hard... November 24, 2015
- November 23rd - It was a bitterly cold morning - or at least, it... November 24, 2015
- November 22nd - A run around Brownhills and up to Chasewater on... November 23, 2015
- November 22nd - Time for a warning to local cyclists again.The... November 23, 2015
- November 21st - A late spin around Brownhills after a long day,... November 23, 2015
- November 20th - Spotted in Victoria Park, Darlaston, toadstools... November 23, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- It was different before it all changed
- All that Jasmine - a remarkable treasury
- Going Back
- Can't see The Wood for the trees
- Aldridge Cinema - come see Minions this afternoon!
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- Up the junction
- New Brownhills history book hot off the presses!
- Walsall Wood face Long Eaton at Oak Park this afternoon
- 2,786,387 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @prodnose: Promise you Rod, we'll crop this shot where your T-Shirt ends. (pic via @JaneyGodley ) https://t.co/YCkJgspXX4 2 hours ago
- I detest boxing. 4 hours ago
- RT @LibyaLiberty: It's one of the worst mining disasters in history and you probably haven't heard about it. twitter.com/ajplus/status/… 5 hours ago
- RT @southcartbooks: if your in #walsall next thursday we would love to see you at our #Christmas market stall facebook.com/events/8202270… 5 hours ago
- Just debating whether to pass OH the wine or keep teasing her 5 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers November 30, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers December 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers December 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Local History
Thanks to local historian and author Clive Roberts who tipped me off, I can share with readers the above, somewhat remarkable image of the Brownhills end of Pelsall Road from a George Lewis postcard, dated around 1915.
I’m pleased to noted that the project to start a community cinema at Aldridge Youth Theatre is a continuing success, and Saturday afternoon screenings continue.
Continue reading →
A really great thing about keeping this blog for such a long period of time now is knowing the breadth and diversity of the knowledge present amongst the readership – and for matters on rail and infrastructure history, Ian Pell is the expert (although he always protests to the country!)
I see from the events list that Aston Manor Road Transport Museum in Aldridge have a collectors fair on this coming Sunday from 10:30am until 4:30pm, and should be just the thing for auto buffs, transport enthusiasts and petrol heads of all types.
Continue reading →
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that this Thursday evening (Thursday 26th November 2015) there will be a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
Continue reading →
Friend of the blog, community activist and Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer has sent the above image of a local football team and is desperately trying to identify the unknown chap (who is, I believe centre front row).
A little bird tells me (well, actually Walsall Local History Centre tweeted) that there’s a brand new Brownhills local history book just come out – the third from local researcher and historian Clive Roberts of Walsall Wood.