Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 21st - Laburnum, or golden chain is one of the most... May 22, 2015
- May 20th - I’m intrigued by these deep yellow poppies, which... May 21, 2015
- May 20th - I had reservations about the fate of the Kings Hill... May 21, 2015
- May 19th - Most of the day, the weather was dynamic. Sun, rain,... May 19, 2015
- May19th - I set off in reasonable weather. The coos of Jockey... May 19, 2015
- May 18th - At Clayhanger on the canal, in a much more temperate... May 19, 2015
- May 18th - Ah, so commence the annual cygnet search. On the way... May 19, 2015
- May 17th - Only a short ride today, as my stomach was bad and I... May 18, 2015
- May 16th - Everybody go home, I’ve found the king of the... May 18, 2015
- May 16th - Second day running with a decent ride, although the... May 18, 2015
- May 15th - I was pleased to note while in Birmingham that a... May 18, 2015
- May 15th - Springtime canal cycling. I got 99 problems, and most... May 18, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent police appeal: Please help find missing Walsall teenager
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- Travellers pitch up at Oak Park
- Walsall Woodstock 2015 - a free spirit
- Great news - missing Walsall teenager found safe and well
- Police appeal: Please help find missing Walsall Wood teenager
- Oak Park: this doesn't smell right
- Police hunt man following attempted knifepoint robbery at Card Factory store, Brownhills
- Walsall Woodstock two day music festival this weekend!
- Police now 'Gravely concerned' for welfare of Amanda Hawkins
- 2,309,636 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @EmrgencyKittens: If I fits on your food, I sits on your food. http://t.co/ilJGdsK9N5 15 minutes ago
- RT @sandwellleader: UK visa outsourcing firm closed by Montenegrin authorities over tax avoidance and being found operating illegally http… 18 minutes ago
- RT @AstonishingSod: My friend just reported this from her polling station...WTF? #MarRef #VoteYes http://t.co/oxXrTlrvm5 25 minutes ago
- RT @AnnelieseDodds: Everyone - no matter what their gender or sexuality - should have an equal chance to get married #VoteYesForEquality ht… 27 minutes ago
- RT @AnnetteRubery: RT @medievalmayhem: Horse looking unimpressed at what his master did with the curtains http://t.co/ScXm6A7h3P 28 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stephen Stills – Jet Set (Sigh)
- Stephen Stills – Rock And Roll Crazies/Cuban Bluegrass
- Stephen Stills – Song of Love
- Stephen Stills – Blues Man
- Stephen Stills – The Treasure (Take One)
- Stephen Stills – Right Now
- Stephen Stills – What To Do
- Stephen Stills – The Love Gangster
- Stephen Stills – Move Around
- Stephen Stills – How Far
- Chasewater Strollers May 25, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: local blogs
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 60 of the long lost freesheet, from September 1994 for you to peruse and download. I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
I must say there hasn’t been enough local history stuff here of late and it has also been too long since I last featured a research article by the incisive and tenacious historian Peter ‘Pedro’ Cutler.
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 59 of the long lost freesheet, from July 1994 for you to peruse and download. I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
Here’s a great image sent to my by friend of the blog and community activist Linda Mason, who’s still turning out some of the greatest blog posts in Walsall but rarely gets the attention they merit.
On or around April 29th 2015, the Four Crosses Pub – the last true boozer in Shelfield, and a popular local pub I’ve enjoyed in the past – closed suddenly, and was boarded up, which has caused understandable outrage amongst pub-goers and real ale fans in the area.
Sue Arnold, losing parliamentary candidate for Walsall South would like to graciously thank the residents there for all the votes, and isn’t bitter at all that sitting MP Valerie Vaz increased her majority – some could read Sue’s thank you message as a dire warning that they’ve made the wrong decision, but I’m sure that’s an unfortunate ambiguity.
Continue reading →
It’s been a long night – it’s now 5:30am – late for even me – and I’m off for a kip – it’s been a tough night for lefties, but I was pleased to see David Winnick hold onto his seat in Walsall North, which saw a very harsh campaign.
Continue reading →