Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 31st - I rode out via Canwell and Middleton to Middleton... September 1, 2015
- August 31st - Couldn’t stay in on August Bank Holiday Monday,... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - This time of year is mostly about fruits, and this... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - A grey day, but I needed a ride. It’s been a few... August 31, 2015
- August 29th - My apologies to the toad-phobics, but I had to... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - A late rove around Brownhills and I just missed... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - I nipped down to Stonnall to see a pal and left... August 29, 2015
- August 28th - On an early afternoon run home from work, a... August 29, 2015
- That unusual plant I asked about... August 29, 2015
- August 27th - It was a clear, bright moonlit night and I had an... August 28, 2015
- August 27th - Returning to Brownhills that evening, I stopped to... August 28, 2015
- August 26th - I think I was a bit previous on the acorn thing.I... August 28, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- As far distant as the millennium
- Richard Meanley Anson - a Victim Of World War One - can you help?
- Everything went off without a hitch...
- January 1990 - Call for flood investigation...
- New Hall Mill open right now - come and get crafty!
- New Hall Mill open this Bank Holiday Monday - come and get crafty!
- Major road closes this Sunday for 7 weeks: be prepared
- Bank Holiday football action - Walsall Wood away against The Mikes this afternoon!
- One and a half centuries
- He staked his all for the miners
- 2,567,414 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Pelsall planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Just heard Brownhills clock strike five. Reliably unreliable 1 hour ago
- RT @Ashleymartin502: @nxwestmidlands 1950 AND 2050 935A Foley Road West towards Brownhills not shown up! Why? Thanks 1 hour ago
- Facebook is a riot tonight. 1 hour ago
- RT @BrownhillsMTC: RT @WalsallOpSoc: MEMBERS WANTED FOR OLIVER! Contact us for more information about our launch night on 1st October 2015 … 1 hour ago
- RT @AldridgeFire: Aldridge blue are dealing with 50 bales of hay well alight in Pelsall #RTB http://t.co/HEb604O8Hf 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers September 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 21, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Linda Mason
Here’s a great image sent to my by friend of the blog and community activist Linda Mason, who’s still turning out some of the greatest blog posts in Walsall but rarely gets the attention they merit.
Here’s just a quick note to regular readers not on social media or who perhaps haven’t noticed that Linda Mason, ‘The Mad Old Baggage’ has a new family history blog post out about her Great Grandmother Henney, and it’s rather wonderful stuff. Continue reading →
It’s good to see that local cyclist, railwayman and blogger Aiden McHaffie has recently had some success in bringing to resolution a case of bad HGV driving, as recorded in a bike cam YouTube video.
Continue reading →
The saga of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall is still rumbling on, and the issue is still being pursued by doughty campaigner Linda Mason – in a post on her blog a few days ago Lind detailed a recent letter she has received from Walsall Council which appears to be in almost total denial of the facts.
I’d like to flag up a very angry post Lind Mason has written about the situation with Walsall Council’s Youth Service and the vexed question of Aldridge Manor – the Councillors may have wandered away now that the election is over, the Council Officers may be trying to fob us off, but neither I nor Linda have forgotten the issue of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall. Continue reading →
Today, there is a council by-election in the ward of Aldridge Central & South, brought about by the sad passing of longstanding councillor Tom Ansell – this election will be interesting in a number of ways – although usually a safe Tory seat, it will be intriguing to see how the other parties fair – particularly UKIP and the Labour.
Continue reading →
Just a quick note to flag up a wonderful post that passed by in a flurry of other stuff late last week. The Councillors may be trying to forget it, Council Officers may be trying to forget they promised another … Continue reading →