Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 31st - ‘Why the long face, mate?’... September 1, 2014
- August 31st - It was a gorgeous afternoon - sunny, warm, with... September 1, 2014
- August 30th - From the top of Shire Oak heading into Rushall, I... August 31, 2014
- August 30th - I don’t go to Shire Oak Park nearly enough.... August 31, 2014
- August 30th - This has me flummoxed, and quite, quite furious to... August 30, 2014
- August 29th - Never seen anything quite like this before. I was... August 30, 2014
- August 28th - Although summer is drawing to a close, some... August 29, 2014
- August 28th - A bit of a strange day. I wasn’t planning on... August 29, 2014
- August 27th - Just on the canal bank between the Black Cock... August 27, 2014
- August 27th - A run out mid afternoon on an errand. I headed up... August 27, 2014
- August 26th - In the backlanes between Stonnall and Shenstone... August 26, 2014
- August 26th - Even on a grim, grey day, Wall still has a... August 26, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- In Deed
- The teams that meet in caffs...
- These are not well-to-do folk...
- Holding on for a hero
- Brownhills School Awards Day, November 1988
- On the cut
- Consultation event in Brownhills this Wednesday!
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Looking for Brenda Pitt, please
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- 1,643,883 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @danslee: Ace. The Bin Day Panini sticker collection. One for #localgov (via @QuantumPirate) http://t.co/TNiCYatDDf cc @Corporal_Kleg 1 hour ago
- RT @dqmeuk: Ask a Chinese company what their carbon footprint is. "Very big and very cheap!" 1 hour ago
- RT @Doctor_Hutch: Cycling is running head-on into a terminology issue. A 'disc wheel' is for time trialling. Not for fitting brake discs to… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market September 7, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
- Chasewater Strollers September 8, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 15, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market October 5, 2014 at 9:00 am – 2:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Tag Archives: Linda Mason
It’s good to see that local cyclist, railwayman and blogger Aiden McHaffie has recently had some success in bringing to resolution a case of bad HGV driving, as recorded in a bike cam YouTube video.
Continue reading →
The saga of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall is still rumbling on, and the issue is still being pursued by doughty campaigner Linda Mason – in a post on her blog a few days ago Lind detailed a recent letter she has received from Walsall Council which appears to be in almost total denial of the facts.
I’d like to flag up a very angry post Lind Mason has written about the situation with Walsall Council’s Youth Service and the vexed question of Aldridge Manor – the Councillors may have wandered away now that the election is over, the Council Officers may be trying to fob us off, but neither I nor Linda have forgotten the issue of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall. Continue reading →
Today, there is a council by-election in the ward of Aldridge Central & South, brought about by the sad passing of longstanding councillor Tom Ansell – this election will be interesting in a number of ways – although usually a safe Tory seat, it will be intriguing to see how the other parties fair – particularly UKIP and the Labour.
Continue reading →
Just a quick note to flag up a wonderful post that passed by in a flurry of other stuff late last week. The Councillors may be trying to forget it, Council Officers may be trying to forget they promised another … Continue reading →
The saga of Aldridge Manor, Youth Services in Aldridge and the wider Walsall Borough rumbles on, there was a public meeting last Thursday, and it didn’t go at all well for Walsall Council who had hastily called it only a short time before as a damage limitation exercise…
Continue reading →
There has been some interesting fallout following the furore kicked up over the imminent closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club and dismantling of wider youth service throughout Walsall, and their replacement by some frankly bizarre, not yet thought through system.
Continue reading →