Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 26th - Around the corner, the new housing development at... May 26, 2015
- May 26th - I had cause to visit Walsall Wood on my way home, on... May 26, 2015
- May 25th - On the Plants Brook/New Hall Valley cycle route NCN... May 26, 2015
- May 25th - I’ve found a little oasis I never realised existed,... May 26, 2015
- madoldbaggage: Spring flowers etc this bank holiday weekend at... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The wildflowers and blossom are wonderful this year.... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The Watermead swan family in Brownhills are doing... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - On my way home, I rode past the JCB plant at... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - Here’s an odd one. Half way up the hill, on the... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - I needn’t have worried. The first century of the year... May 25, 2015
- May 22nd - I’d been planning a long ride the following day for a... May 25, 2015
- May 22nd - A quick trip to Lichfield after lunch on a very dull... May 25, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Reg Morris - a great Brownhillian
- Spring is on her throne
- The team team of '57
- Bogus caller cons OAP in Shire Oak
- It'll soon be time for the 2015 Brownhills Canalside Festival
- October 1994 - ￼Vandalism Strikes Again!
- Why not visit a local working water mill today?
- By George, he's got it!
- Great news - missing Walsall teenager found safe and well
- Walsall Woodstock 2015 cancelled!
- 2,321,035 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @FullFact: £1.4 million cost of Scotland leak inquiry claim “nonsense” fullfact.org/live/2015/may/… 3 minutes ago
- RT @Mike10613: Wednesbury fundraising event #photography azillionideas.com/wednesbury-fun… http://t.co/rJEhvRvuxo 8 minutes ago
- Fuck me, Facebook is choc full of morons today 47 minutes ago
- Not a happy man lichfieldlive.co.uk/2015/05/27/uki… via @lichfieldlive 52 minutes ago
- RT @officialBCday: Are you having a Black Country festival event? List it here so we can advertise it for you black-country-festival.co.uk/add-your-event/ please… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Neil Halstead – High Hopes
- Neil Halstead – Dreamed I Saw Soldiers
- Neil Halstead – Sleeping on Roads
- Neil Halstead – Martha’s Mantra (For the Pain)
- Neil Halstead – See You on Rooftops
- Neil Halstead – Hi-Lo and Inbetween
- Neil Halstead – Driving with Bert
- Neil Halstead – Two Stones In My Pocket
- Neil Halstead – Seasons
- Neil Halstead – The Finer Points Of Flying
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Linda Mason
Here’s a great image sent to my by friend of the blog and community activist Linda Mason, who’s still turning out some of the greatest blog posts in Walsall but rarely gets the attention they merit.
Here’s just a quick note to regular readers not on social media or who perhaps haven’t noticed that Linda Mason, ‘The Mad Old Baggage’ has a new family history blog post out about her Great Grandmother Henney, and it’s rather wonderful stuff. Continue reading →
It’s good to see that local cyclist, railwayman and blogger Aiden McHaffie has recently had some success in bringing to resolution a case of bad HGV driving, as recorded in a bike cam YouTube video.
Continue reading →
The saga of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall is still rumbling on, and the issue is still being pursued by doughty campaigner Linda Mason – in a post on her blog a few days ago Lind detailed a recent letter she has received from Walsall Council which appears to be in almost total denial of the facts.
I’d like to flag up a very angry post Lind Mason has written about the situation with Walsall Council’s Youth Service and the vexed question of Aldridge Manor – the Councillors may have wandered away now that the election is over, the Council Officers may be trying to fob us off, but neither I nor Linda have forgotten the issue of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall. Continue reading →
Today, there is a council by-election in the ward of Aldridge Central & South, brought about by the sad passing of longstanding councillor Tom Ansell – this election will be interesting in a number of ways – although usually a safe Tory seat, it will be intriguing to see how the other parties fair – particularly UKIP and the Labour.
Continue reading →
Just a quick note to flag up a wonderful post that passed by in a flurry of other stuff late last week. The Councillors may be trying to forget it, Council Officers may be trying to forget they promised another … Continue reading →