Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 29th - Just near the Post Office on Victoria Road,... October 30, 2014
- October 29th - On the edge of Darlaston’s industrial area... October 30, 2014
- October 28th - Coming into the town centre from the Green, I... October 29, 2014
- October 28th - Autumn seems to be lasting forever this year. The... October 29, 2014
- October 27th - A quieter, and altogether more successful hunter... October 28, 2014
- October 27th - Ah, Mr. Calico… we meet again. This male... October 28, 2014
- October 26th - I popped up to Shire Oak Park on the way back,... October 27, 2014
- October 26th - I went out in the morning in a heavy wind to run... October 27, 2014
- October 25th - The Parade, Brownhills. Just by Holland... October 27, 2014
- October 25th - I spotted them by chance as I shot down Church... October 27, 2014
- October 24th - The sky had cleared when I alighted from the... October 27, 2014
- October 24th - I was in Redditch, which is quite a rarity for me... October 26, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- December 1989 - Shopkeepers angry about the neglect of Silver Court
- Bonfire and fireworks in Brownhills this Saturday!
- A son of The Wood
- Brownhills Bonfire 2014 - can you help with pallets?
- Something happening at the old Wheel Inn?
- November 1989 - Residents up in arms...
- Brownhills Bonfire & Fireworks tonight at Holland Park!
- The Royal Oak, Bullings Heath: The last century
- Early doors
- Woodmen dull Continental Star
- 1,764,547 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @brumpic: ARP Kitchen in Sparkhill WW2 ( newmanlocalhistory.org) http://t.co/X2PxprS11I 2 hours ago
- RT @BwoodTogether: Burntwood Wakes Festival will return next year with a new feel #BWF15 2 hours ago
- Hey @blitzrussia >> RT @LichfieldLive: News: #Burntwood Wakes organisers insist event will return in 2015: bit.ly/1p5RfV8 2 hours ago
- RT @stevie378: Christmas decorations up in the Saddlers Centre, #Walsall - ITS OCTOBER, YOU ARSEHOLES ...... #BahHumbug 2 hours ago
- Stepford called. They want the drugs back ASAP... Fuck it, too late twitter.com/ProfCaryCooper… 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Linda Mason
It’s good to see that local cyclist, railwayman and blogger Aiden McHaffie has recently had some success in bringing to resolution a case of bad HGV driving, as recorded in a bike cam YouTube video.
Continue reading →
The saga of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall is still rumbling on, and the issue is still being pursued by doughty campaigner Linda Mason – in a post on her blog a few days ago Lind detailed a recent letter she has received from Walsall Council which appears to be in almost total denial of the facts.
I’d like to flag up a very angry post Lind Mason has written about the situation with Walsall Council’s Youth Service and the vexed question of Aldridge Manor – the Councillors may have wandered away now that the election is over, the Council Officers may be trying to fob us off, but neither I nor Linda have forgotten the issue of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall. Continue reading →
Today, there is a council by-election in the ward of Aldridge Central & South, brought about by the sad passing of longstanding councillor Tom Ansell – this election will be interesting in a number of ways – although usually a safe Tory seat, it will be intriguing to see how the other parties fair – particularly UKIP and the Labour.
Continue reading →
Just a quick note to flag up a wonderful post that passed by in a flurry of other stuff late last week. The Councillors may be trying to forget it, Council Officers may be trying to forget they promised another … Continue reading →
The saga of Aldridge Manor, Youth Services in Aldridge and the wider Walsall Borough rumbles on, there was a public meeting last Thursday, and it didn’t go at all well for Walsall Council who had hastily called it only a short time before as a damage limitation exercise…
Continue reading →
There has been some interesting fallout following the furore kicked up over the imminent closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club and dismantling of wider youth service throughout Walsall, and their replacement by some frankly bizarre, not yet thought through system.
Continue reading →