Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 1st - Autumn is certainly coming to Catshill Junction... October 2, 2014
- October 1st - Spotted this bike on the train today. It’s a... October 2, 2014
- September 30th - These guys crease me up. Often on my way home,... October 2, 2014
- September 30th - Once you get used to the idea (and it does take... October 1, 2014
- September 29th - I’d nipped into Birmingham on what seemed... October 1, 2014
- September 28th - On a decaying tree stump near the canal just by... September 29, 2014
- September 28th - Up on the Chase on a balmy, sunny afternoon... September 29, 2014
- September 27th - Having visited the farm shop, returned via... September 28, 2014
- September 27th - Spotted as I was passing in Flats Lane,... September 28, 2014
- Septemver 27th - I’ve been passing this odd, low... September 28, 2014
- September 26th - Another great sky as I nipped down into... September 27, 2014
- September 26th - I nipped over to Burntwood to get some shopping... September 27, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Anybody lost a pair of Labradors?
- Meanwhile, over in Brownhills West...
- What lies beneath
- Your invitation to... An Evening with Gordon Banks QBE
- Oy'll save ya, bab...
- Going down a bomb
- Have you just lost a pair of dogs in Brownhills?
- It's a special occasion - get on your Sunday best!
- The mystery of The Lost Stonnall Hoard
- 1,704,227 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @geeoharee: 'paedo panic' is one of the scariest UK media tropes twitter.com/UK_Database_CS… 1 hour ago
- Daily Mail writes piece on the terrible poverty of 40 years ago that it denied existed to deny today's poverty. Wankers. 2 hours ago
- Heard outside 'He's not well. He's got his arse in his hands' 'no different to usual, then' 2 hours ago
- RT @tim2040: To my deep shame, I have no sense of who I am as a brand. Pray for me. http://t.co/32EY8Kk8rL 2 hours ago
- Shit Lydsey de Paul dead. Sad. 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Our House
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Southern Cross
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Suite: Judy Blue Eyes
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Cathedral
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – I Give You Give Blind
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Change Partners
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Pre-Road Downs
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Love the One You're With
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – To The Last Whale: Critical Mass / Wind On The Water
- Crosby, Stills & Nash – Shadow Captain
- Chasewater Strollers October 6, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 13, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 20, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Linda Mason
It’s good to see that local cyclist, railwayman and blogger Aiden McHaffie has recently had some success in bringing to resolution a case of bad HGV driving, as recorded in a bike cam YouTube video.
Continue reading →
The saga of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall is still rumbling on, and the issue is still being pursued by doughty campaigner Linda Mason – in a post on her blog a few days ago Lind detailed a recent letter she has received from Walsall Council which appears to be in almost total denial of the facts.
I’d like to flag up a very angry post Lind Mason has written about the situation with Walsall Council’s Youth Service and the vexed question of Aldridge Manor – the Councillors may have wandered away now that the election is over, the Council Officers may be trying to fob us off, but neither I nor Linda have forgotten the issue of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall. Continue reading →
Today, there is a council by-election in the ward of Aldridge Central & South, brought about by the sad passing of longstanding councillor Tom Ansell – this election will be interesting in a number of ways – although usually a safe Tory seat, it will be intriguing to see how the other parties fair – particularly UKIP and the Labour.
Continue reading →
Just a quick note to flag up a wonderful post that passed by in a flurry of other stuff late last week. The Councillors may be trying to forget it, Council Officers may be trying to forget they promised another … Continue reading →
The saga of Aldridge Manor, Youth Services in Aldridge and the wider Walsall Borough rumbles on, there was a public meeting last Thursday, and it didn’t go at all well for Walsall Council who had hastily called it only a short time before as a damage limitation exercise…
Continue reading →
There has been some interesting fallout following the furore kicked up over the imminent closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club and dismantling of wider youth service throughout Walsall, and their replacement by some frankly bizarre, not yet thought through system.
Continue reading →