Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 23rd - It seems Staffordshire County Council -... November 24, 2014
- November 23rd - A run out on errands late morning was shrouded... November 24, 2014
- November 22nd - Despite occasional heavy showers, it was a... November 22, 2014
- November 22nd - I had to nip to Aldridge in the afternoon, and... November 22, 2014
- November 21st - Thank goodness it’s Friday. Another... November 22, 2014
- November 21st - After rain in the night, I rode past the old... November 22, 2014
- November 20th - In Kings Hill Park in Darlaston, there’s a... November 22, 2014
- 20th November - Still clinging on, and looking handsome despite... November 22, 2014
- My name is Aiden and I am a Cyclist. November 20, 2014
- November 19th - I forget every year how good Telford’s... November 20, 2014
- November 19th - Heading out at dawn for a meeting in Telford,... November 20, 2014
- November 18th - I tried an experiment tonight, but it... November 19, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- A lesson in local history
- The Pride of Brownhills, restored
- Your chance to meet a local history legend next Friday!
- Did any of you know Alan John Pickering?
- Hednesford Road hit and run: John Thomason sentenced
- August 1990 - How much longer must we wait for some action?
- Woodmen thrash beleagured Causeway
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- The pride of Brownhills unveiled this Saturday!
- 1,863,835 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- The waiting room is busy. It's past 9am so most folk in there are OAPs. Old bloke next to me 'see this? Foreigners causing this!' 20 minutes ago
- So, in my doctor's surgery this morning. I got an appointment within two days. Sitting waiting... 21 minutes ago
- RT @Matt_Fraser: I love Brownhills. Tesco ruined it, then promised to develop it, didn't happen.I think Asda and Morrison's should be allow… 28 minutes ago
- RT @Mike10613: @distinctlybc @Blackcountrypic @thisisTipton Black Country Pictures #blackcountry @BrownhillsBob @soxer99 http://t.co/Ys… 29 minutes ago
- Come back when you've found a clue, Steve. 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers November 24, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Lichfield
A couple of weeks ago, I featured here scans of a local history book I’d unexpectedly found in a bookshop – it was a real cracker, and at the same time, a valuable and overlooked bit of Brownhills social history.
November 22nd 2014, Walsall Wood v Causeway United away at The Grove, Old Hawne Road – get down there for some great local football.
Yet again, this is one of those requests that Walsall Council make periodically, and was issued by the Communication Team at Walsall Council on Friday, November 21st 2014 and I’d like all locals to have a think about it, and if any of you can do so, please help.
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 10 of the long lost freesheet, from June 1990 for you to peruse and download – I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
Recently I note lots of people complaining on the internet and in local papers that Walsall has no theatre, and somebody really should do something about it – what’s annoying about this is Walsall has 3 theatres (even more if you count the small venues in schools) and even more theatre companies, performing some top notch shows, seemingly unknown to many.
Continue reading →
Here’s a great example of me getting things wrong, and of how local oral history works with the community correcting me – last week I featured the great picture above from Julie Le Moine of herself as a baby with her mum, and ‘uncle’ Paddy (Walker) and ‘auntie’ Clarice’ on a beach in Blackpool in September 1966. Continue reading →
Sorry this is late, I was working on something else last night, but today, Tuesday 18th November 2014 from 10am-12noon, there’s a Walsall Council budget Consultation event in Brownhills Library at The Parkview Centre in Brownhills.
Continue reading →