Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 22nd - I rode Telford’s cycleways on my way to work.... April 22, 2014
- April 22nd - Using a bike rack, you’re doing it wrong (and... April 22, 2014
- April 21st - Not a bad bank holiday, all-in-all. It started... April 21, 2014
- April 20th - For an evening spin, it was pleasant enough; the... April 21, 2014
- April 20th - An odd day, really. I had a family thing to do most... April 20, 2014
- madoldbaggage: What a stunning day for a ride. Set off this... April 20, 2014
- April 19th - The footpaths around Chasewater’s south shore... April 20, 2014
- April 19th - I was fiddling with a mechanical fault all day. I... April 20, 2014
- April 18th - Between Harlaston and Clifton Campville,... April 18, 2014
- April 18th - A great long ride today, on a warm, wonderful... April 18, 2014
- April 17th - Cowslips everywhere this year. From a rarity 15... April 17, 2014
- April 17th - The minutiae of drainage engineering are wonderful.... April 17, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Park up, take a pew...
- If the cap fits...
- Caught in time
- Walsall Wood take shine off Continental's Star
- Don't disrupt the bingo!
- New Craft and Farmers Market coming soon to Chasewater
- By George, he's got it!
- Fatal hit and run in Brownhills - appeal for help
- Child dies in Brownhills Road accident - police statement
- Urban Exploration at Linley Caverns, in 1957
- 1,342,353 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Memories of Brownhills Past Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @moronwatch: Those careless Tories accidentally gave £1.5bn of NHS contracts to their mates! Silly people ow.ly/w4KoD 2 minutes ago
- RT @Tringonometry: Bassenthwaite Lake from the summit of Skiddaw Dodd. http://t.co/kM6YupFZkW 3 minutes ago
- RT @paradisecircus: Ghosts - paradisecircus.com/?p=6516&wt=2 19 minutes ago
- RT @Mrs_Funky: Quote of the day: Are you the dragon or the dragon-slayer? #genius 25 minutes ago
- Still annoying, then... twitter.com/OwenJones84/st… 26 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
- Atomic Spin
- Men Without Hats – Bright Side of the Sun
- Men Without Hats – On Tuesday
- Men Without Hats – Pop Goes The World
- Men Without Hats – Intro
- Men Without Hats – The End (of the World)
- Men Without Hats – Intro/Walk on Water
- Men Without Hats – Jenny Wore Black
- Men Without Hats – La valse d'Eugénie
- Men Without Hats – In The Name of Angels
- Men Without Hats – Moonbeam
Tag Archives: Lichfield Road
Here’s another great instalment from the series I started a couple of months ago, chronicling the memories of Walsall Wood lady Audrey Proffitt, carefully and faithfully transcribed by reader and Walsall Wood correspondent David Evans.
Here’s another great instalment from the series I started a couple of months ago, chronicling the memories of Walsall Wood lady Audrey Proffitt, carefully and faithfully transcribed by reader and Walsall Wood correspondent David Evans. Continue reading
I thought I’d continue today with the third article in the series I started a couple of weeks ago, chronicling the memories of Walsall Wood lady Audrey Proffitt, carefully and faithfully transcribed by reader and Walsall Wood correspondent David Evans.
I thought I’d continue today with another article in the series I started last week, chronicling the memories of Walsall Wood lady Audrey Proffitt, carefully and faithfully transcribed by reader and Walsall Wood correspondent David Evans.
I’ve got some great stuff coming up. But here’s a taste of something really exciting from reader and New Year competition winner Fred Butler. I give you… the start of Crabtree, Brownhills, in 1954.
No, not the infamous and somewhat notorious housing estate in Tipton, but Brownhills. These photos are postcards currently for sale on everyone’s favourite tat bazaar, eBay, interestingly, all the way from a seller in Australia. Both cards are used, and … Continue reading
I’ve just had this one come in this afternoon from reader, contributor and all round top chap David Evans. It’s jarred me awake a little, as I know a reader locally to be researching this very subject, so I’m posting … Continue reading
For this week’s (somewhat delayed, my apologies) old pictures post I decided to dive into the warmth of the local boozer. Brownhills and Walsall Wood have had many hostelries over the years, some long gone, some more recent casualties of … Continue reading
I just thought I’d bring to wider attention a very interesting post by Walsall Wood Councillor Mike Flower, posted to his blog today. In it, Mike addresses some perceived issues with the junction by the library in Walsall Wood, and … Continue reading
On Friday, 30th July 2010, six days after publishing an alarmist, flawed and shoddy scare story about Lichfield Road in Brownhills being ‘gun-plagued’, subsequently proven utterly wrong by West Midlands Police, the Walsall edition of the Express & Star contained this … Continue reading
This morning, 29th July 2010, regular reader and helpful sort Roger Jones – @ziksby on twatter – supplied this comment in response to my ‘Shot in the foot‘ post, which was attempting to locate the truth behind an unpleasant, sensationalist … Continue reading
On Saturday, 24th July 2010, the Walsall Edition of the Express & Star ran a story that really annoyed me. The story also appeared online at the same time – you can see a screenshot of the story below in … Continue reading