Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 28th - Although summer is drawing to a close, some... August 29, 2014
- August 28th - A bit of a strange day. I wasn’t planning on... August 29, 2014
- August 27th - Just on the canal bank between the Black Cock... August 27, 2014
- August 27th - A run out mid afternoon on an errand. I headed up... August 27, 2014
- August 26th - In the backlanes between Stonnall and Shenstone... August 26, 2014
- August 26th - Even on a grim, grey day, Wall still has a... August 26, 2014
- August 26th - The day was better, I guess, by virtue of being... August 26, 2014
- August 25th - One thing that is good about a wet ride is that it... August 26, 2014
- August 25th - A wet, miserable bank holiday Monday. This was the... August 26, 2014
- August 24th - Aside from the motorcyclists, it was a lovely ride... August 25, 2014
- August 24th - Dam wall path, Chasewater, 8:24pm. Motorbike... August 25, 2014
- August 22nd - At the back of Brickyard Road in Aldridge is a... August 24, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Come on down to Mutt Fest!
- Urgent - wallet lost in Brownhills
- On Broadway - and I don't mean east Walsall
- A gift from Brian...
- Motorbike accident in Brownhills?
- Odds and sods
- Please help: New Road, what do we know?
- Important appeal: Did you know Michael Syrett?
- The other 'Wood: from the air...
- This won't hurt - Images of St. Matthews Hospital, Burntwood
- 1,635,647 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @br007kbond: Hope they don't nuke Brownhills, they could do 350 quids worth of damage! 1 hour ago
- RT @Shelter: Something we passionately believe...RT if you're with us too: shltr.org.uk/4hy #safetynet http://t.co/29WIJ6G25P 1 hour ago
- RT @sinisteragent: I am deeply, genuinely proud of Britain for responding to this "threat level" propaganda by taking the piss. 1 hour ago
- RT @redgoldeden: @ublocks @SmilingIsLying @BadboyBNP @ExposingBF But it's an imported, foreign religion with its origins in... never mind, … 1 hour ago
- RT @wyrleyblog: Did u know, the first public statue in Brum was of Lord Nelson, yes, i worked in Brum archives too 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Butcher Boy – Girls Make Me Sick
- R.E.M. – At My Most Beautiful
- The Beat – Save It for Later
- Lou Dalgleish – Out Of The Window
- The Imagined Village – 'Ouses, 'Ouses, 'Ouses
- Matthew Sweet – Save It For Later
- Tim Hardin – Don't Make Promises
- The Bluebells – Will She Always Be Waiting
- Jesse Malin – Me and Julio Down By the School Yard
- R.E.M. – Fireplace
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market September 7, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Tag Archives: football
Well, on bank holiday Monday (25th August 2014) the boys from the Wood had a day out in Stourport, and brought a respectable 1-1 draw back home.
Continue reading →
Reader Brian Clenton today landed us with a surprise: some excellent photos of Brownhills and Clayhanger life, mostly in the 1950s – these beautifully scanned images are wonderfully diverse, but Brian didn’t say much about them.
Continue reading →
Walsall Wood FC continued their fightback on Saturday afternoon (23rd August 2014), beating Causeway United 2-1 with some entertaining, competent football that really does mark a return to form. Continue reading →
Saturday 23rd August 2014 – home match Walsall Wood v Causeway United – Can the Woodmen continue to regain their mojo?
Continue reading →
Yesterday afternoon (Saturday, 16th August 2014) saw Walsall Wood face Heath Hayes at Oak Park, in a hotly anticipated FA Cup match – this is always a bit of a notorious pairing, and the blog football correspondent Bill Shaw was, as ever, in attendance to watch the flare-ups and cheer on the local lads.
Saturday 16th August 2014 – F.A. Cup home match Walsall Wood v Heath Hayes – Can the Woodmen get back to their winning ways?
Continue reading →
On Wednesday evening (13th August 2014), Walsall Wood FC faced Continental Star at Dales Lane, and after a rum start to the season, the Woodmen seem to be slowly rediscovering their lost mojo.
<a><img src="http://brownhillsbob.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/bu8tccuiuaavehx-large.jpg?w=300" alt="Bu8TccuIUAAvehX.jpg-large" width="300" height="168" class="aligncenter size-medium wp-image-19960" /></a> Continue reading →