Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 30th - This time of year is mostly about fruits, and this... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - A grey day, but I needed a ride. It’s been a few... August 31, 2015
- August 29th - My apologies to the toad-phobics, but I had to... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - A late rove around Brownhills and I just missed... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - I nipped down to Stonnall to see a pal and left... August 29, 2015
- August 28th - On an early afternoon run home from work, a... August 29, 2015
- That unusual plant I asked about... August 29, 2015
- August 27th - It was a clear, bright moonlit night and I had an... August 28, 2015
- August 27th - Returning to Brownhills that evening, I stopped to... August 28, 2015
- August 26th - I think I was a bit previous on the acorn thing.I... August 28, 2015
- August 26th - Returning late in a glorious golden hour, I... August 28, 2015
- August 25th - Although it was a grey, miserable morning, the... August 25, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- New Hall Mill open this Bank Holiday Monday - come and get crafty!
- Streets ahead
- Everything went off without a hitch...
- No shame in loss for Villans
- As far distant as the millennium
- One and a half centuries
- He staked his all for the miners
- Richard Meanley Anson - a Victim Of World War One - can you help?
- January 1990 - Call for flood investigation...
- New Hall Mill open right now - come and get crafty!
- 2,566,121 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Pelsall planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @london_mush: Is the elephant still there? http://t.co/lLcWqpjwEL 10 minutes ago
- RT @stevie378: New street station escalator bingo update - ready to call "house !" For anyone who has 8A .... fb.me/6OX1ztpO5 10 minutes ago
- RT @schneierblog: Using Samsung's Internet-Enabled Refrigerator for Man-in-the-Middle Attacks: This is interesting research:: Wh... http://… 11 minutes ago
- RT @MatthewBowater: what do you call a chav in a box? init 1 hour ago
- RT @Corporal_Kleg: Loved the comment on Britain as seen on ITV about a sex shop opening in Brum "its ok as long as they don't shove it down… 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers September 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 21, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: flickr
This remarkable panorama was created by reader and friend of the blog Steve Wilcox, who painstakingly constructed it from multiple images shot from a tower block in Leamore, near Bloxwich.
Continue reading →
Readers may well recall the excellent article about the regeneration of the Reedswood power station site, written by top contributor and Brownhills bloke Andy Dennis. In it, Andy pointed out that further development of the site outside the council’s guidelines … Continue reading →
Just a quick note of thanks and appreciation to top local historian and decent bloke Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, who has taken the time to post Arthur Burton’s military records on Flickr so all concerned can inspect them. Roger obtained them … Continue reading →
Recently, there has been some debate locally about reclamation of former industrial sites, and the role of developers and local government. In all the cant and bluster, it’s often lost that most of these projects are hugely successful and take … Continue reading →
I’ve mentioned ice cream vans and milk floats on the blog before. I’m quite interested in that lost delivery and van sales thing – chip vans, mobile shops, bakers vans – but there seems to be precious little local material … Continue reading →
I must say, it’s rare that one finds such an embarrassment of historical riches as the Flickr photo streams of bus enthusiasts. These dedicated folk, with a deep fascination for all things omnibus have a unique feature that makes their … Continue reading →
Since there was such a great reaction to last week’s post containing photos from the Flickr stream of walsall_pete, I thought I’d continue the Walsall theme this week with a few pictures from a similar, but slightly later period by … Continue reading →