Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 29th - My apologies to the toad-phobics, but I had to... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - A late rove around Brownhills and I just missed... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - I nipped down to Stonnall to see a pal and left... August 29, 2015
- August 28th - On an early afternoon run home from work, a... August 29, 2015
- That unusual plant I asked about... August 29, 2015
- August 27th - It was a clear, bright moonlit night and I had an... August 28, 2015
- August 27th - Returning to Brownhills that evening, I stopped to... August 28, 2015
- August 26th - I think I was a bit previous on the acorn thing.I... August 28, 2015
- August 26th - Returning late in a glorious golden hour, I... August 28, 2015
- August 25th - Although it was a grey, miserable morning, the... August 25, 2015
- August 25th - The land at the bottom of Bentley Mill Way, wedged... August 25, 2015
- August 24th - A remarkable sunset struck when I was travelling... August 25, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- 2,562,865 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Pelsall planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @marcolonghi: Pelsall Library: something for young ones :-) fb.me/1SzPzFOEh 1 hour ago
- RT @sublimeproduct: @thestymaster reddwarf.wikia.com/wiki/Groinal_A…? 1 hour ago
- RT @thestymaster: A family member has purchased a new vacuum cleaner. I wondered why TF it had a USB socket.... gtech.co.uk/airram-softwar… 1 hour ago
- #365daysofbiking Green cross toad: ift.tt/1EtdeNs 2 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Just too late: ift.tt/1LDmdLp 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers August 31, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Express & Star
Yesterday (Wednesday 5th August 2015) there was a nasty traffic accident at the Spring Cottage junction on the A461 Lichfield Road at Shelfield, in which an elderly lady was seriously hurt.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll know that this Sunday (June 14th 2015), the inaugural Staffordshire Ironman Triathlon will be staged, with a 1.2 mile swim in Chasewater being amongst the highlights. Continue reading →
A news story drifted into my feed in the last couple of days, which was also flagged up to me by top local history bloke Clive Roberts and the young David Evans: it seems that Brownhills High Street may well be in receipt of £125,000 of safety improvements, including hump crossings and high-grip surfaces.
Continue reading →
A few weeks ago, I featured the deeply impressive letter written by the (then) eleven-year old Matty Keating from Clayhanger, who is appealing for help to get a skate park for Clayhanger.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll probably realise by now that Brownhills is the subject of some media controversy at the moment – a story emerging here via the Express & Star and syndicated out to the wider daily papers has caused outrage and recrimination.
The Express & Star is now carrying the sad news that the elderly gentleman who was involved in the road traffic collision in Brownhills this morning has sadly passed away.
You may recall that last week, I appealed for help from readers following the van burglary that took place at Clayhanger, during the early hours of Thursday 4th September 2014 – tools and equipment were stolen, including screw/nail guns and a radio from a van parked on the owner’s driveway on the Allerdale Estate in Clayhanger.
Continue reading →