Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 30th - Another plant mystery. Are these white currants of... July 30, 2015
- July 30th - Passing through leafy, upmarket Mill Green on the... July 30, 2015
- June 29th - Spotted on the cycleway near Telford station, this... July 29, 2015
- June 29th - Passing through New Street Station early on a sunny,... July 29, 2015
- July 28th - Returning home from Telford, unusually these days, I... July 28, 2015
- July 28th - Called to Telford mid-morning, I hopped on the train... July 28, 2015
- July 27th - It’s the time of year when I dread getting stopped... July 27, 2015
- July 27th - I awoke to a better day. It was warm again and the... July 27, 2015
- July 26th - Everything was wet. Hour after hour of rain.I could... July 26, 2015
- July 26th - In heavy rain, a flotilla of swans. not far from the... July 26, 2015
- July 26th - The latest addition to the local architectural scene... July 26, 2015
- July 25th - I headed to the supermarket in Aldridge late, and a... July 26, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- November 1995 - Grandad's a hero (and here's when the story ends)
- The past, by George!
- Please help find Tiger the tabby cat!
- Angie Parton: ice cream queen remembered
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- Cockfest starts today!
- B&M coming to Aldridge - vacancies now being advertised
- The forgotten Coventry bombing that blew a Walsall Wood bricklayer off his feet
- October 1995 - Beauty spot reprieved!
- Photographic memory
- 2,482,865 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Ready? Let's do this http://t.co/cMqGKiFNS4 1 hour ago
- 'It's like the hills are holding the sky up' http://t.co/Qdyljw5O6n 1 hour ago
- 'The sky goes all the way into the distance!' 1 hour ago
- Cinematic http://t.co/6S4XxSyhwK 1 hour ago
- CAN WE GO DOWN THE GREEN TUNNEL IT'S LIKE A FAIRYTALE http://t.co/sS1jYQWVnD 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers August 10, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers August 17, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers August 24, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Express & Star
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll know that this Sunday (June 14th 2015), the inaugural Staffordshire Ironman Triathlon will be staged, with a 1.2 mile swim in Chasewater being amongst the highlights. Continue reading →
A news story drifted into my feed in the last couple of days, which was also flagged up to me by top local history bloke Clive Roberts and the young David Evans: it seems that Brownhills High Street may well be in receipt of £125,000 of safety improvements, including hump crossings and high-grip surfaces.
Continue reading →
A few weeks ago, I featured the deeply impressive letter written by the (then) eleven-year old Matty Keating from Clayhanger, who is appealing for help to get a skate park for Clayhanger.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll probably realise by now that Brownhills is the subject of some media controversy at the moment – a story emerging here via the Express & Star and syndicated out to the wider daily papers has caused outrage and recrimination.
The Express & Star is now carrying the sad news that the elderly gentleman who was involved in the road traffic collision in Brownhills this morning has sadly passed away.
You may recall that last week, I appealed for help from readers following the van burglary that took place at Clayhanger, during the early hours of Thursday 4th September 2014 – tools and equipment were stolen, including screw/nail guns and a radio from a van parked on the owner’s driveway on the Allerdale Estate in Clayhanger.
Continue reading →
It seems there’s quite a spate of thefts of tools and equipment from sheds, garages and parked vehicles in our areas at the moment, and this appeal reaches me via friend of the blog Scott Parry from Brownhills.
Continue reading →