Because you’re free to read this blog
- June 29th - Intrigued and saddened to see the Four Crosses pub... June 30, 2015
- June 29th - I’m loving the orchids this year - they seem to have... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: I saw this friendly chap in the garden of a cottage I... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: My post morning jog view. June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Later in the day, I had to run into Aldridge on an... June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Feeling better, and a trundle to Brownhills... June 29, 2015
- June 27th - Spotted by the canalside, growing from the... June 29, 2015
- June 27th - I was suffering with both a dodgy stomach and bad... June 29, 2015
- June 26th - Back near Lower Stonnal, a noxious assault of a... June 27, 2015
- June 26 - I’ve not had to go to Telford for ages, and was... June 27, 2015
- 25th June - It’s easy to overlook the weeds and commonest... June 25, 2015
- June 25th - People have been asking me why I haven’t featured... June 25, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- 2,408,489 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @D_Aardvark: @Tringonometry @BrownhillsBob @LondonMidland Hot weather is temporary. Disruption is permanent. I'm glad to see they're tac… 3 hours ago
- See @londonmidland sending out emails warning that they're minimising hot weather during disruption. How's that work? http://t.co/ZZFP1t1Whr 4 hours ago
- One for @thestymaster i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/851712… 4 hours ago
- RT @Scarfolk: A #heatwave is upon us. Please stay cool with one of these classic '70s ice lollies. More info scarfolk.blogspot.com/2013/02/scarfo… http://… 4 hours ago
- RT @marcolonghi: Community alarms marcolonghi.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/com… 4 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Events
Sadly, the sun didn’t make it along until late in the day, but even without the sunshine it was a great event – Brownhills Canalside Festival was back for 2015 – and with Brian Stringer at the helm, it was a a great event and a fun thing for the local community.
Details of this year’s Brownhills Canal Festival taking place today (Sunday 28th June 2015) at Silver Street in Brownhills have kindly been supplied by The Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer – it’s always a good event and last year was better than ever!
I’m hearing that today (Friday 26th June 2015), some bin collections were missed in Brownhills, Walsall Wood and Shelfield, apparently due to a truck breakdown – these things happen.
The revival of the Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills continues apace – there’s not only great ale and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, but great live music most weekends, too – this Saturday (27th June 2015) you can catch top rated folk punk rock band The Bleeding Hearts from 9pm, and in the afternoon slot on Sunday (28th June 2015) hillbilly skiffle band The Fabled Finks play from 4-7pm.
This Saturday, 27th June 2015 sees the Pelsall 1940s Wartime Family Fun Day, with lots to see and do in the village, focussed on the common and High Street areas.
Continue reading →
It’s been a while since the end of the season and we last heard from Bill Shaw or the folks at Walsall Wood Football Club – I can rectify that right now with the following wonderful message from Bill Shaw, who’s written a catch up note, a brief explanation of the start of the season and and is also appealing for help at the club.
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that tonight (Thursday 25th June 2015) there is a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
Continue reading →