Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 26th - Around the corner, the new housing development at... May 26, 2015
- May 26th - I had cause to visit Walsall Wood on my way home, on... May 26, 2015
- May 25th - On the Plants Brook/New Hall Valley cycle route NCN... May 26, 2015
- May 25th - I’ve found a little oasis I never realised existed,... May 26, 2015
- madoldbaggage: Spring flowers etc this bank holiday weekend at... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The wildflowers and blossom are wonderful this year.... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The Watermead swan family in Brownhills are doing... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - On my way home, I rode past the JCB plant at... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - Here’s an odd one. Half way up the hill, on the... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - I needn’t have worried. The first century of the year... May 25, 2015
- May 22nd - I’d been planning a long ride the following day for a... May 25, 2015
- May 22nd - A quick trip to Lichfield after lunch on a very dull... May 25, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Reg Morris - a great Brownhillian
- Spring is on her throne
- The team team of '57
- It'll soon be time for the 2015 Brownhills Canalside Festival
- Bogus caller cons OAP in Shire Oak
- December 1994 - ￼Is the government really fit to govern?
- October 1994 - ￼Vandalism Strikes Again!
- Why not visit a local working water mill today?
- By George, he's got it!
- Walsall Woodstock 2015 cancelled!
- 2,321,246 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @AyoCaesar: Good luck bringing down capitalism through the power of acoustic ballads and lemon polenta cake. 10 minutes ago
- RT @Walsall_nhoods: Went for a walk around #Walsall Arboretum at lunchtime. Good to see the Arbo, and new cafe, busy on such a lovely sunny… 11 minutes ago
- RT @bigdaddymerk: ohhh cool, banning legal highs, that'll help. Remember when they banned real drugs and everyone stopped taking them? 1 hour ago
- RT @neskatxa: Hello, world (2) http://t.co/4EoSVsT3qW 1 hour ago
- Smell the desperation >> Councillor hopes new McDonald’s will spark Burntwood business boom | Lichfield Live - lichfieldlive.co.uk/2015/05/27/cou… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Neil Halstead – High Hopes
- Neil Halstead – Dreamed I Saw Soldiers
- Neil Halstead – Sleeping on Roads
- Neil Halstead – Martha’s Mantra (For the Pain)
- Neil Halstead – See You on Rooftops
- Neil Halstead – Hi-Lo and Inbetween
- Neil Halstead – Driving with Bert
- Neil Halstead – Two Stones In My Pocket
- Neil Halstead – Seasons
- Neil Halstead – The Finer Points Of Flying
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Events
Details of this year’s Brownhills Canal Festival have kindly been supplied by The Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer – this yeart it’s Sunday, 28th June 2015.
Well, Bank Holiday Monday is upon us, and that means that it’s Lichfield Bower Day in Ye Olde City – I was sent this promo from Stuart Jakeman, and with folks often looking here for stuff to do, I thought I’d give it a plug.
Crossed wires last weekend when a collection of photos from Walsall Wood Football Club’s Presentation Dinner arrived from David Evans and I published them, not realising a writeup was due from Bill Shaw, which arrived later in the week – sorry chaps, hopefully this should rectify things.
Sorry folks – I turn on the computer to find the sad news that Walsall Woodstock – the pop festival scheduled today and tomorrow for Walsall Wood Football Club – has been cancelled.
This afternoon at 2:30pm (Saturday 23rd May 2015), Aldridge Cinema are showing family feelgood film Big Hero 6. – it’s just £4 a ticket and normal popcorn and drinks are only 50p.
Continue reading →
Heres an excellent thing for kids going on this Saturday, drawn to my attention by Walsall Wood Scout Leader Lee Bragginton – a chance to take your kids along to try out scouting for free, taking place this Saturday 23rd May 2015 at Shire Oak Academy from 10am until 12pm.
In recent days, there has been a traveller encampment at Aldridge Airport, which has now moved on, whilst another has sprung up on the Oak Park playing field near to the Football Club in Walsall Wood.