Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 1st - And when I say frenetic, I mean frenetic. Look... September 2, 2015
- September 1st - Today, for the first time in ages, I had to go... September 2, 2015
- August 31st - I rode out via Canwell and Middleton to Middleton... September 1, 2015
- August 31st - Couldn’t stay in on August Bank Holiday Monday,... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - This time of year is mostly about fruits, and this... August 31, 2015
- August 30th - A grey day, but I needed a ride. It’s been a few... August 31, 2015
- August 29th - My apologies to the toad-phobics, but I had to... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - A late rove around Brownhills and I just missed... August 30, 2015
- August 29th - I nipped down to Stonnall to see a pal and left... August 29, 2015
- August 28th - On an early afternoon run home from work, a... August 29, 2015
- That unusual plant I asked about... August 29, 2015
- August 27th - It was a clear, bright moonlit night and I had an... August 28, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Warning - Ogley Road partially closed at High Street junction from next Monday
- Rare bike stolen from Aldridge - please keep an eye out
- Major road closes this Sunday for 7 weeks: be prepared
- Upcoming road closures in Brownhills
- October 1995 - Beauty spot reprieved!
- One and a half centuries
- Wood battle hard, but draw with Mikes
- Richard Meanley Anson - a Victim Of World War One - can you help?
- Please beware - another indecent exposure incident reported
- Marching on
- 2,570,313 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Pelsall planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @thestymaster: If you're cycling near Black Cock Bridge after dark, take care, this was half over the towpath... http://t.co/nJ72IqNPma 10 hours ago
- hey bristolmary - get your recycling wiggle on girl! 11 hours ago
- RT @LHCRT1: We're finalising this year's #HuddlesfordHG brochure, so if you want to have a stall book now. #lichfieldhour http://t.co/SyON… 11 hours ago
- RT @LHCRT1: A big shout out to @oddfellowsboat for arranging their fundraising garden party. We raised over £70. #lichfieldhour http://t.co… 12 hours ago
- RT @london_mush: #London http://t.co/ub47M6ukB8 12 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers September 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers September 21, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: event
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that this evening (Thursday 27th August 2015) there is a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
Continue reading →
There’s currently a Dalek invasion happening at Aston Manor Road Transport Museum in Aldridge where the wheeled Who-botherers will be entertaining visitors and scaring the staff all day today (Sunday 23rd August 2015) from 10:30am until late afternoon.
Come to Aldridge, have a look at the vehicles and a go on our childrens activities, then a free bus to Chasewater Railway and a ride on a train before another bus ride back to Aldridge AMRTM – Museum Open from 10am First bus from Shenstone Drive at 11.30
Naomi Jones, Area Librarian from Brownhills Library at the Parkview Centre has been in touch to ask if I could give a plug for a folded book art event being held at Brownhills Library today (Thursday 13th August 2015), from 10:30-11:30am.
Continue reading →
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that this Thursday (30th July 2015) there is a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
So, another great event today (Sunday 12th July 2015) – Aston Manor Road Transport Museum just off Northgate, Aldridge will be a hive of activity again as they hold their Annual Open Day featuring 50 years of the Ford Transit!
Continue reading →
It’s a busy old time in Lichfield over the next few days, with The Lichfield Waterworks Trust having a stall at the Lichfield Festival Market this Saturday (4th July 2015), and Kate Cardigan’s informal Lichfield history group, Lichfield Discovered holding an informal monthly pub meeting on Tuseday evening (7th July 2015).