Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 30th - If you’re planning to go for a walk or... October 31, 2014
- October 30th - The morning commute was marked by the wildlife I... October 31, 2014
- October 29th - Just near the Post Office on Victoria Road,... October 30, 2014
- October 29th - On the edge of Darlaston’s industrial area... October 30, 2014
- October 28th - Coming into the town centre from the Green, I... October 29, 2014
- October 28th - Autumn seems to be lasting forever this year. The... October 29, 2014
- October 27th - A quieter, and altogether more successful hunter... October 28, 2014
- October 27th - Ah, Mr. Calico… we meet again. This male... October 28, 2014
- October 26th - I popped up to Shire Oak Park on the way back,... October 27, 2014
- October 26th - I went out in the morning in a heavy wind to run... October 27, 2014
- October 25th - The Parade, Brownhills. Just by Holland... October 27, 2014
- October 25th - I spotted them by chance as I shot down Church... October 27, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Serious road accident in Shelfield last night
- Urgent - motorbike just stolen from Walsall Wood
- January 1990 - Call for flood investigation...
- Bonfire and fireworks in Brownhills this Saturday!
- Burglary in Shire Oak: Please be on your guard
- Police appeal for witnesses to fatal road collision in Walsall Wood
- Motorbike accident in Brownhills?
- A son of The Wood
- December 1989 - Shopkeepers angry about the neglect of Silver Court
- Cyclist hurt in Brownhills incident
- 1,775,315 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @CatAwareFriends: Archie is #missingcat from Brierley Hill, DY5 2RD cataware.co.uk/missing-cat-bl… pls RT http://t.co/LjaxAOk5pF 6 minutes ago
- RT @martinstaylor: A Daily Mail reporter has been photographed shaking hands with an Ebola nurse. Don't think I would do that – all credit … 32 minutes ago
- RT @walsalljobshop: Brownhills School require a Teacher of English Details: emea3.mrted.ly/iieb#.VFOfEpz2… 35 minutes ago
- Last one for @lichfieldlore 36 minutes ago
- RT @wyrleyblog: Basque children at Aldridge Lodge after fleeing the Spanish Civil War, 1937. http://t.co/ljMAwpRuql 36 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Frazier Chorus – Little Piece Of Hell
- Frazier Chorus – Blistered
- Frazier Chorus – Nothing - The Land Of Oz Mix
- Frazier Chorus – Nothing - raid mix
- Frazier Chorus – Nothing - Edit
- Frazier Chorus – Cloud 8 - future mix
- Frazier Chorus – Cloud 8 (Richie Rich Reconstruction)
- Frazier Chorus – Cloud 8 - Swing Machine Vocal Mix
- Frazier Chorus – Cloud 8 - Raid Mix
- Frazier Chorus – The Window
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Engine Lane
Top contributor, commentor and all round good egg David Evans has been busy over the last few weeks organising a treat for local history buffs in Brownhills and the wider community.
On Sunday I rode up Coppice Lane in Brownhills for the first time in a few weeks, and noticed that contractors for The Coal Authority – the body charged with monitoring and remediating historic mineworkings – had been hard at work capping the two shafts left over from the West Coppice Colliery, near the old level Crossing.
Great news from Stevie Ansell: Pippin the grey mare is back home, safe and well.
Continue reading →
Stevie Ansell, who operates the local riding school with fields on the Pelsall Road and at Engine Lane, Brownhills, has lost a horse, a small grey mare called Pippin, who’s believed to be in the Coalpool area.
I promise, this is the last one, but it was requested that I take some images within the borough. As usual, more on my 365daysofbiking journal. I escaped on Sunday afternoon, between 4 and 5pm, just as the day was dying. … Continue reading →
I thought that today, I’d dig some interesting mapping out of the archive. In the light of Gerald Reece’s talk on Brownhills and it’s colliery history, I thought this 1884 1:2,500 scale plan of Wyrley Common was due an outing. It shows – in some clarity – the extent of mining in the Engine Lane area at the height of the Victorian period.
Continue reading →
Top contributor, commentor and all round good egg David Evans has been busy over the last few weeks organising a treat for local history buffs in Brownhills and the wider community. David has kindly contacted noted local historian and author … Continue reading →