Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 7th - Another desperately dull day, with not many photo... July 7, 2015
- July 6th - On an equally dull return commute, harassed by the... July 6, 2015
- July 6th - On the way to work on a grey, dull Monday morning,... July 6, 2015
- July 5th - From Ogley Junction footbridge, long range shots of... July 6, 2015
- July 5th - An odd day involving a fair few errands. I set out... July 6, 2015
- July 4th - Fully loaded with shopping, I pottered back, becoming... July 5, 2015
- July 4th - Independence day, but sadly not from work. To my... July 5, 2015
- July 3rd - I was wiped out. I’d had to sit on the floor all the... July 5, 2015
- July 3rd - As readers who follow me elsewhere will know, I have... July 5, 2015
- July 2nd - I cycled home in steady, warm rain - but the... July 2, 2015
- July 2nd - In Darlaston, a gentle precipitation; sweet-smelling,... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - Also on the canal, near Bentley Mill Way, flowering... July 2, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills stables raided yet again - can you help?
- Jobs up for grabs at the Chase Inn, Brownhills
- Time for a fillum...
- Explosive stuff
- Walsall Wood FC: Match this weekend and latest fixture news
- It's all kicking off in Lichfield!
- Pictures from the 2015 Brownhills Canalside Festival
- Urgent appeal: lost horse - can you help?
- Local riding stables: very nearly burgled again
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- 2,423,449 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #365daysofbiking Fruitful: ift.tt/1KQIBl6 2 hours ago
- RT @see_emilyplay: Pub cat http://t.co/SI1Sfd9PgM 3 hours ago
- RT @crit61: @BadAlbumCovers @akumulator_uk swing those pants http://t.co/92fSLmsX4O 3 hours ago
- RT @Naz_Faulkner: Summer youth events and activities across Walsall. whatsonwalsall.co.uk/UserFiles/5543… 3 hours ago
- RT @spilt_chips: (Vine by fail city) vine.co/v/enMdU9KKx6g 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Megalopolis
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Fram
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Somnium
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Misty Moses
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Sunday Neurosis
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Torito
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – The Soundmaker
- Calexico – Miles from the Sea
- Calexico – Cumbia de Donde
- Calexico – Tapping on the Line
- Chasewater Strollers July 13, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Drain
Further to the great material sent in by Marion Jones, relating to the lost pumping station on The Spot at Clayhanger, she also sent me some interesting photos of the gardens of the Jones House in Clayhanger in the 1920s. Continue reading
Today, I’ve mostly been trawling the paper mapping record for Clayhanger, in order to throw a little more light on the issues it faced in the post war years – debate about subsidence and flooding and the subsequent land restoration that occurred has been ongoing, and this is a really interesting bit of local history for me.
Every now and then, something comes through whilst compiling the blog that stuns me, and pulls me up short. It’s happened twice recently – firstly with Chris Pattison’s wonderful 1952 Walsall Observer article on Clayhanger’s flooding problem, and secondly with this rare and beautiful gem from reader Marion Jones.