Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 25th - And then there’s Kings Hill Park, too. I... February 25, 2015
- February 25th - Sorry, I won’t feature Darlaston again for... February 25, 2015
- February 24th - Little firsts are the art of getting through... February 25, 2015
- February 24th - I’ve featured this remarkable tree in... February 25, 2015
- February 23rd - On a factory wall in Darlaston, a plaque... February 24, 2015
- February 23rd - A harsh day to ride to work into the wind. It... February 24, 2015
- February 22nd - I returned to Brownhills on a bike with a... February 23, 2015
- February 22nd - The weather was vile. Windy, with rain and snow... February 23, 2015
- February 21st - The weather really couldn’t make up its... February 21, 2015
- February 21st - a blustery, squally Saturday, and I had errands... February 21, 2015
- February 20th - When one talks about the excellent architecture... February 21, 2015
- February 19th - Snatched quickly whilst stopped at the lights,... February 20, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- December 1992 - Governors respond
- In memoriam: Dennis Johnson
- Things that went bump in the night
- Chasewater Railway Winter Steam Gala this weekend
- Bogus gardeners conning the elderly in Brownhills - be vigilant
- The parachutist, the helicopter and the Brownhills daredevil
- Andy Penn's charity skydive: fundraiser this Friday at the Shoulder of Mutton!
- November 1992 - 'The Community Cemetery' - or is it?
- Millie the cat returns safe and well!
- Tick tock
- 2,109,358 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @darlodoug: election.38degrees.org.uk/events/611 - come along and sign our Petition 13 minutes ago
- Sad bastard having a bad day defense.gov/multimedia/aud… 15 minutes ago
- RT @HippoGriffinus: RIP Dr Spock... http://t.co/gYnUkG8AGL 24 minutes ago
- RT @Junction10: Erm... http://t.co/JeinE6MA2f 24 minutes ago
- RT @Junction10: I swear, the next person to post a photo of that dress, I'm going to beat you white and gold. 25 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Elton John – Burn Down The Mission
- Elton John – Talking Old Soldiers
- Elton John – Amoreena
- Elton John – Love Song
- Elton John – Where To Now St. Peter?
- Elton John – My Father's Gun
- Elton John – Son Of Your Father
- Elton John – Country Comfort
- Elton John – Come Down In Time
- Elton John – Ballad Of A Well-Known Gun
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Discovered
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch with a tipoff of yet another free Lichfield Discovered talk tomorrow morning (Tuesday, 24th February 2015) at Curborough Community Centere, Lichfield, from 10am until 12 noon.
Once again, the irrepressible Kate Cardigan from the Lichfield Lore contacts me to tell me that there’s yet another talk on tonight organised by her informal Lichfield local history group, Lichfield Discovered. Tonight at 7:30pm, (9th February 2015), they have a wonderful free … Continue reading →
He’s a brief one that came to my attention yesterday, and it’s far too good not to share here – the video at the foot of this post was plugged on twitter by it’s creators, Foreel Productions, and I think it’s rather wonderful.
Continue reading →
I see that there Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore is kicking off 2015 in style with her informal and fun Lichfield local history group, Lichfield Discovered – tonight at 7:30pm, (12th January 2015), they have a wonderful free talk at St Mary’s in the Lichfield Market Square based on an alphabetical trip around Lichfield by John Gallagher.
Kate Cardigan Gomez from the wonderful Lichfield Lore is really going some with her local history group, Lichfield Discovered – in the next week they have two events, one of which is tonight, and on an appropriate Great War theme, with author Joss Musgrave Knibb.
It’s really getting busy for top local history wonks Dave Moore, Chris Pattison and their Freinds of Sandfields Pumping Station campaign group, who seem to be really getting somewhere with this fantastic Victorian edifice; not only has their attention prompted the fixing of the roof recently, but the listing status of the building is now under review too.
Continue reading →
Kate Cardigan Gomez, irrepressible wonder behind Lichfield Lore has organised a walk and tour around the remains of the incredible Fisherwick Park estate with her other project, Lichfield Discovered – it takes place tomorrow, Saturday 27th September 2014.
Continue reading →