Because you’re free to read this blog
- June 30th - Looking almost frosted on the warmest day of the... July 1, 2015
- June 30th - There’s a Matt Smith fan in Darlaston - what else... July 1, 2015
- June 29th - Intrigued and saddened to see the Four Crosses pub... June 30, 2015
- June 29th - I’m loving the orchids this year - they seem to have... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: I saw this friendly chap in the garden of a cottage I... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: My post morning jog view. June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Later in the day, I had to run into Aldridge on an... June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Feeling better, and a trundle to Brownhills... June 29, 2015
- June 27th - Spotted by the canalside, growing from the... June 29, 2015
- June 27th - I was suffering with both a dodgy stomach and bad... June 29, 2015
- June 26th - Back near Lower Stonnal, a noxious assault of a... June 27, 2015
- June 26 - I’ve not had to go to Telford for ages, and was... June 27, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Get with the programme: Brownhills Carnival 1939
- Pictures from the 2015 Brownhills Canalside Festival
- Chartered flight
- The Royal Oak, Bullings Heath: Explorations in local history
- 2015 Brownhills Canalside Festival on today!
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- Urgent - dog stolen from Brownhills - can you help?
- I remember it well... I was there. Or was I?
- Funeral arrangements for Gareth Perrins-Seedhouse
- Film footage of Brownhills Carnival, 1934
- 2,409,397 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @AwwwwCats: Hitman Cat gets no joy from his job http://t.co/DA8wMWsjfS 8 hours ago
- RT @billythebez: Wow! The U.S. and Cuba are going to re-open embassies. I wonder if the CIA will ask for their exploding cigars back. 8 hours ago
- This could well gie @thestymaster an IT boner blog.lenovo.com/en/blog/retro-… 8 hours ago
- Nice bloke. Bet he’d love ISIS if he gave them a go patheos.com/blogs/progress… 8 hours ago
- RT @tommykaboom: I become decent human being when I've had a couple of beers. 8 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers July 6, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 13, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Derelict
Ever since I posted that B&M were moving into the old Focus DIY store on Northgate, between Aldridge and Walsall Wood, I’ve been contacted by people either swearing it will be an Asda (nope) or doubting what I said – well, work has continued on the empty building and it’s now in B&M colours, and vacancies have now been posted for a ‘new Aldridge store’ on the B&M website.
Just a quick note to point out that the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust are holding their Annual General Meeting tonight (Friday, 5th June 2015) in Brownhills, at the Parkview Centre (the old Council House on the Miner Island), and all are welcome to attend.
I always receive a really positive response when featuring articles by Christine Howles on behalf of the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust here on the blog, which aim to support and assist this great local canal restoration project.
Continue reading →
On or around April 29th 2015, the Four Crosses Pub – the last true boozer in Shelfield, and a popular local pub I’ve enjoyed in the past – closed suddenly, and was boarded up, which has caused understandable outrage amongst pub-goers and real ale fans in the area.
Yesterday, whilst mooching on Panoramio for an image of Chasewater (sometimes it’s the best way to find my own photos, oddly enough) I came upon a gallery by a reader and contributor the the blog, Mike Leonard – it’s remarkable.
I’ve had a terrific response to featuring the post last week by Christine Howles of Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust here on the blog, which sought to put right my previous dearth of coverage on this great local canal restoration project.
Images taken last weekend. Lots of you have contacted me asking about the works currently ongoing at the former Focus DIY store on the corner of Coppice Lane and Northgate, Walsall Wood. Local gossip had it for a long time … Continue reading →