Because you’re free to read this blog
- June 29th - Spotted on the cycleway near Telford station, this... July 29, 2015
- June 29th - Passing through New Street Station early on a sunny,... July 29, 2015
- July 28th - Returning home from Telford, unusually these days, I... July 28, 2015
- July 28th - Called to Telford mid-morning, I hopped on the train... July 28, 2015
- July 27th - It’s the time of year when I dread getting stopped... July 27, 2015
- July 27th - I awoke to a better day. It was warm again and the... July 27, 2015
- July 26th - Everything was wet. Hour after hour of rain.I could... July 26, 2015
- July 26th - In heavy rain, a flotilla of swans. not far from the... July 26, 2015
- July 26th - The latest addition to the local architectural scene... July 26, 2015
- July 25th - I headed to the supermarket in Aldridge late, and a... July 26, 2015
- July 25th - There was something of the night about the... July 26, 2015
- July 24th - Noticed in Holland Park, the reships are growing... July 24, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Don't bank on it
- Holland Park fun day this Wednesday - get down there with the kids!
- Station mastery
- Something brewing
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - July public meeting this Thursday
- Major road closes this Sunday for 7 weeks: be prepared
- The Cossacks of Walsall Wood
- Where there's hope
- March 1993 - Shire Oak goes grant maintained
- 2,477,315 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @norock: Truly horrifying front page from the NEN, there twitter.com/EveningNews/st… 2 hours ago
- Don't worry lads - he won't get far on foot! http://t.co/igakMYFM7k 2 hours ago
- RT @Txantxangorri: #JohnHumphrys suggesting that troops be used to "round migrants up & put them in camps" on @BBCr4today Where have we hea… 2 hours ago
- RT @girlonthenet: Ppl who talk about asylum so coldly - did they watch Titanic and think 'the first class people shouldn't have to share th… 2 hours ago
- RT @1GoldilocksZone: Bloody cucumbers are everywhere, and that was an entirely appropriate response. 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Cat Stevens – The Wind
- Camel – Song Within a Song
- Camel, London Symphony Orchestra & David Bedford – Dunkirk (Live At Royal Albert Hall)
- Camel, London Symphony Orchestra & David Bedford – Preparation (Live At Royal Albert Hall)
- Camel – Rhayader Goes to Town
- Camel – Homage To The God Of Light (Live)
- Camel – Supertwister (Live At The Marquee Club)
- Camel – Arubaluba (BBC Radio One "Live In Concert")
- Camel – Ligging At Louis (BBC Radio One "Live In Concert")
- Camel – Medley: Lady Fantasy
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: cycling
This evening (Wednesday, 15th July 2015), there’s a guided walk being held by the Lichfield & Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust along the Summerhill section, and it’s open to all who might want to go and see what they’re up to – Currently reopening the lost line to walkers between Barracks Lane, Ogley Hay and Summerhill, next to the Boat Pub.
Theres a lovely thing to visit locally this Sunday (12th July 2015), that’s close by, free and absolutely fascinating…
To continue the rash of parish notices, tomorrow (Sunday 5th July 2015) sees the Rosie’s Charity Walk and Festival in aid of the wonderful Rosie’s Helping Hands Charity – I’m sure readers know the story of how the charity started, and now in the fourteenth year, this event raises a whole lot of cash for local good causes and proves that good things really can come from tragedy.
Continue reading →
Sadly, the sun didn’t make it along until late in the day, but even without the sunshine it was a great event – Brownhills Canalside Festival was back for 2015 – and with Brian Stringer at the helm, it was a a great event and a fun thing for the local community.
In the last couple of days there’s been a degree of what can only be described as panic locally and on social media about the future of Cannock Chase, Chasewater and other Staffordshire Country Parks.
I’ve just spotted this one from friends of the blog Linda Mason (and others) – there’s a canal festival today at Longwood basin, just off the Aldridge Road between Aldridge and Walsall.
Continue reading →
New Hall Mill is open again today (Sunday, 14th June 2015) for their Wild Flower Day and I can heartily recommend the place – it’s fascinating and I had a great time there last Bank Holiday Monday – not enough people know about this wonderful building.
Continue reading →