Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 15th - Brownhills High Street. Darkness, rain and... December 16, 2014
- December 15th - A spin around the canal up to Pelsall on the way... December 16, 2014
- December 14th - This evening, there was the annual Burntwood... December 15, 2014
- December 14th - Sadly, it seems myxomatosis has found the rabbit... December 15, 2014
- December 14th - Today, I did make it to the supermarket, and... December 15, 2014
- December 13th - An excellent sunset. I needed to pop to... December 15, 2014
- December 13th - The kind of cold, crisp morning that grabs your... December 15, 2014
- December 12th - Tesco, the retail giant, are in trouble. Beset... December 13, 2014
- December 12th - I’ trying a new camera out. It’s got... December 13, 2014
- December 11th - Thoroughly rotten but very necessary journey... December 12, 2014
- December 10th - I hopped onto the cycleway at Pelsall Lane, and... December 11, 2014
- December 10th - Can’t ever remember a winter passing this... December 11, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- May 1991 - Walsall Wood Police Boxing Club big success - but will it continue?
- What's the Tory?
- As far distant as the millennium
- Just look at those haircuts!
- The magic of Christmas
- Absent freinds
- Finely tuned aerials
- March 1991 - Canal Towpath being destroyed
- The Canes Gang
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- 1,910,213 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- hey @bristolmary - get your recycling wiggle on girl! 1 hour ago
- Someone really should ask McCain why you'd put scarecrows in a field of spuds 2 hours ago
- RT @MartinMorComedy: I have a question? @TakeThatScience http://t.co/QiPW6Af2F6 2 hours ago
- RT @blitzrussia: Go to my Dads. Flour and mugs everywhere. Ask what he's doing. "Making many mug cakes." Of course. Of course you are. Why?… 2 hours ago
- RT @brumcyclist: [auto] Glenn posted a discussion tinyurl.com/kvj7ger 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Talk Talk – Eden - 1997 Remastered Version
- Talk Talk – The Rainbow - 1997 Remastered Version
- Talk Talk – New Grass
- Talk Talk – Taphead
- Talk Talk – After The Flood
- Talk Talk – Ascension Day
- Talk Talk – Myrrhman
- Talk Talk – It's My Life - Extended Mix
- Talk Talk – Give It Up - 1997 Remastered Version
- Talk Talk – Talk Talk - 1997 Remastered Version
- Chasewater Strollers December 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: cycling
In a remarkable instance of coincidence, last Friday, reader and top local history ferret Andy Dennis sent me an astounding piece on a lost reservoir near Howdles Lane, in north Brownhills, between Chasewater and the Watling Street.
Here’s a nice one to run for a change – a few days ago the young David Evans dropped me a line to tell me how impressed he was with the new road surface recently laid in Friezland Lane, Shire Oak by Tarmac LaFarge working for Walsall Council.
I see that tomorrow, Friezland Lane in Shire Oak will be closed from 9am-5pm by Walsall Council for ten days for much needed resurfacing works – this is good news for residents and folk who use this cut through, but may cause delays and disruption to busses that use the route.