Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 7th - The distraction was a murmuration of Starlings.... December 7, 2013
- December 7th - The sunset was even better than I expected. I... December 7, 2013
- December 7th - Up for a spin around Chasewater to catch the... December 7, 2013
- December 6th - I finished work early, and headed to Lichfield to... December 7, 2013
- deantheman: A week in walsall 7th December 2013 I was walking... December 7, 2013
- December 5th - Without a functioning rail service, there was no... December 6, 2013
- December 5th - It wasn’t a great day for train travel in... December 6, 2013
- December 4th - Also in South Wigston, a postie’s bike. I... December 4, 2013
- December 4th - I was in Leicester again, but on a better day.... December 4, 2013
- December 4th - Circumstances appear to have dictated that sadly,... December 4, 2013
- December 3rd - An evening ride up to Walsall Wood had me... December 3, 2013
- December 3rd - A better day today. The bug had receded, and I... December 3, 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- Small increments
- Follow that elephant!
- The Ironmaster
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Changes to local bin collections this week!
- Walsall Wood FC unexpectedly back in the game - this Saturday!
- Walsall Wood F.C. - no second chance
- Norton Canes Christmas Fayre this afternoon!
- The end and the beginning
- Car accident in Short Street, Brownhills yesterday
- 1,028,009 hits
- 2013 Aldridge Andy Dennis bike cam Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Countryside Services cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood Graham Evans history Lichfield Lichfield District Council Lichfield Mercury local blogs Local History Local politics Memories of Brownhills Past Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Ogley Hay Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Reservoir Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Social Services Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Housing Group Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @chrisharris1975: Anyone not feeling Christmassy enough needs to get themselves down to the Alton Travelodge #festive http://t.co/Ca7uNl… 1 hour ago
- Wow. She's cute... 1 hour ago
- RT @SimonJGuilfoyle: Another cool skyline photo taken today... http://t.co/O1IcWpZZXg 1 hour ago
- RT @katemortmain: Picked the right time to go for a walk vickittens #vscocam #vsco #sunset instagram.com/p/hrDmd-THmF/ 1 hour ago
- RT @Tipton21: the Saturdays are Bollocks 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
- Atomic Spin
- Joni Mitchell – Ethiopia
- The Undertones – It's Going To Happen
- Calexico – Close Behind
- Euphoria – Blue (With Tina Dico)
- Gomez – If I Ask You Nicely
- The Beatles – She Said She Said
- Iron & Wine – House by the Sea
- Iron & Wine – The Devil Never Sleeps
- Calexico – Letter To Bowie Knife
- Iron & Wine – Grace For Saints And Ramblers
Tag Archives: Cycle rides
This video takes a journey homewards after work – I pick it up in Walsall Road, Darlaston, and travel through James Bridge, Alumwell and join the New Ring Road at the Rollingmill Street junction.
</a Continue reading
On the continuing theme of wartime Brownhills, air raids and the social upheaval that went with all that, I dug into the newspaper archives for examples of people fined for breaking the lights-out rules.
It’s been another heat bank holiday weekend, and I got to cycling over the Chase and through East Staffordshire – too many pictures for 365days, so I thought I’d do a gallery.[caption id="attachment_15473" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Elderberries, Walton upon Trent[/caption] Continue reading
Today, I got into the Derbyshire Dales and crossed into North Staffordshire – a straightforward trip along the High Peak Trail and down the full length of the Tissington Trail was just what was needed, and once at Ashbourne, I doubled back and headed back to Ilam via Mapleton and Blore.
[caption id="attachment_15388" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Minninglow Great Barrow[/caption] Continue reading
I thought it was about time for some more ride videos – I know many readers enjoy these, and a lot of the bicycle-curious wonder about cycling the canals in Birmingham city centre.
Another day, another great ride – I headed out early afternoon, firstly to Chasewater then on to Lichfield and the festival market, then from the busy city, I headed to the quiet of the east Staffordshire countryside – Whittington, Croxall, Walton, Rosliston, Lullington, Harlaston and back via Wall.
[caption id="attachment_14740" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Pipe Hill poppies[/caption] Continue reading
A great spot here from Peter ‘Pedro’ Cutler regarding a report in the Lichfield Mercury of Friday, 16th August 1935.
Andy Dennis writes clearly and articulately of the planning history of the Lanes Farm/Sandhills site in light of current angst over a mooted further development – I’m still of the opinion that we’re being trolled for other reasons, but Andy raises some excellent points.
Busy most of the day, I managed to slip out late afternoon for a ride – it was glorious -Chasewater was busy, yet there were deer on the dam. – the countryside was alive, and bursting into leaf and bloom everywhere I looked[caption id="attachment_13982" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Wall church itself is impressive and unusual in style[/caption]