Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 28th - Meanwhile, back in Brownhills, Silver Court... March 1, 2015
- February 28th - Another grey, dull day, with a worsening wind. I... March 1, 2015
- February 27th - I had to pop into Aldridge on my way home and... March 1, 2015
- February 27th - A lot of the history of Brownhills, Walsall Wood... March 1, 2015
- February 26th - Mind you, I say Birmingham is getting better at... February 28, 2015
- February 26th - In Birmingham at twilight, I was without any... February 28, 2015
- February 25th - And then there’s Kings Hill Park, too. I... February 25, 2015
- February 25th - Sorry, I won’t feature Darlaston again for... February 25, 2015
- February 24th - Little firsts are the art of getting through... February 25, 2015
- February 24th - I’ve featured this remarkable tree in... February 25, 2015
- February 23rd - On a factory wall in Darlaston, a plaque... February 24, 2015
- February 23rd - A harsh day to ride to work into the wind. It... February 24, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- January 1993 - Drugs Indifference
- Brace yourself!
- Urgent! Distinctive motocross bike stolen from Brownhills
- In memoriam: Dennis Johnson
- Woodmen draw to keep Wulf from the door...
- Not only customers, but friends
- The estate we're in
- Chasewater Railway Winter Steam Gala this weekend
- A lost line
- The King of Norton Canes
- 2,114,967 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @VProfanisaurus: Simon Cowells: rhym. slang. Bowels, ie. Things that can be irritable and are usually full of shit. 21 minutes ago
- RT @AldridgeFire: #RTB Aldridge & Staffs OB http://t.co/N4loX7x9M3 25 minutes ago
- RT @AldridgeFire: Aldridge Blue are dealing with a chimney fire OB in Staffs with Burton Trent's Ariel appliance. http://t.co/utljHsOGsY 25 minutes ago
- RT @TonyClewes: Rebekah Brooks about to be rehired by Rupert Murdoch for US operation | Media | The Guardian theguardian.com/media/2015/mar… Friends… 25 minutes ago
- RT @CharismaLabel: @RealBobMortimer I lost my virginity to that. 27 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Public Service Broadcasting – Sputnik
- Public Service Broadcasting – The Race For Space
- Elton John – Where To Now St. Peter?
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Come and Get It
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Happiness - Morgan Geist’s Port Authority Remix
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Happiness
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Not My Place
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Heart of Stone
- Jonathan Jeremiah – All The Man I’ll Ever Be
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Justified
- Chasewater Strollers March 9, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 16, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 23, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: cuts
I note that Walsall Council have a scrutiny meeting this evening on the vexed matter of the Integrated Young People’s Support Service – that’s pretty much anything the council provides for kids and young people, including youth justice, targeted support, youth centres, the Education Business Partnership and parent partnership services.
Continue reading →
Following my post in the early hours of this morning in which reader Holly Jones asked me to warn Brownhills folk and appeal for information following the very unpleasant mugging of her partner Sam, West Midlands Police have issusued the following statement…
Brownhills resident Holly Jones has been in touch on Twitter to ask me to warn Brownhills folk, and appeal for information following the very unpleasant mugging of her partner Sam last Friday, 30th May 2014.
Continue reading →
There’s been an unfortunate RTA at Walsall Council, and it deserves as wide exposure as possible.
Continue reading →
The saga of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall is still rumbling on, and the issue is still being pursued by doughty campaigner Linda Mason – in a post on her blog a few days ago Lind detailed a recent letter she has received from Walsall Council which appears to be in almost total denial of the facts.
I’d like to flag up a very angry post Lind Mason has written about the situation with Walsall Council’s Youth Service and the vexed question of Aldridge Manor – the Councillors may have wandered away now that the election is over, the Council Officers may be trying to fob us off, but neither I nor Linda have forgotten the issue of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall. Continue reading →
Today, there is a council by-election in the ward of Aldridge Central & South, brought about by the sad passing of longstanding councillor Tom Ansell – this election will be interesting in a number of ways – although usually a safe Tory seat, it will be intriguing to see how the other parties fair – particularly UKIP and the Labour.
Continue reading →