Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 24th - First of the year for me, spotted on the riverbank... April 25, 2015
- April 24th - A long ride today. I had an early meeting in... April 25, 2015
- April 23rd - A waiting game. Still she patiently sits on her... April 23, 2015
- April 23rd - Stopped at the lights in Darlaston, I realised a... April 23, 2015
- That shrub... April 23, 2015
- April 22nd - A spin around Stonnall on an errand on the way... April 23, 2015
- April 22nd - I spotted this striking red and green shrub in a... April 23, 2015
- April 21st - A tradition, now, like the waste ground at South... April 21, 2015
- April 21st - Another bitingly cold morning, but in Mill Green,... April 21, 2015
- April 20th - And in Telford, all along the cycleways from... April 20, 2015
- April 20th - A shock this morning. I had a train to catch so... April 20, 2015
- April 19th - I still wasn’t feeling great, and added to which I... April 20, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- April 1994 - Industrialists at war with neighbour
- A historical query... can anyone help?
- Walsall Wood, 1881. A melting pot...
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- Coronation chicken
- Anyone found some keys with USB drives attached in Shire Oak?
- St. George's community celebration at Walsall Wood FC on now!
- Aldridge Brownhills election hustings - on tonight!
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- Watch Walsall Wood play Heath Hayes at Oak Park this afternoon!
- 2,250,296 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @SteveHames202: Greenhouse potatoes are flying along. http://t.co/JCoc6ClJx6 44 minutes ago
- RT @SLATUKIP: Labour campaigners slam "vile abuse" from UKIP activists | Your Thurrock po.st/uIVxcr via @yourthurrock 1 hour ago
- RT @HippoGriffinus: @CleanGreenTweet @WalsallCouncil flytipping at hayhead wood, it's on the concrete by the carpark off longwood lane http… 1 hour ago
- RT @AldridgeVariety: What an incredible night! Loved directing my third and final Aldridge Does Variety! All finalists were incredible! Luk… 1 hour ago
- RT @Buster3640: Found Dad's old lottery numbers yesterday. I never play the lottery. Put them on and won a tenna! Ha! Thanks Dad :-) 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- China Crisis – Jean Walks In Fresh Fields
- China Crisis – Temptations Big Blue Eyes
- China Crisis – You Never See It
- China Crisis – Red Sails
- China Crisis – Are We A Worker
- China Crisis – African And White
- China Crisis – Christian - Extended Mix
- China Crisis – Some People I Know To Lead Fantastic Lives
- China Crisis – Feel To Be Driven Away
- China Crisis – No More Blue Horizons
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: cuts
I note that Walsall Council have a scrutiny meeting this evening on the vexed matter of the Integrated Young People’s Support Service – that’s pretty much anything the council provides for kids and young people, including youth justice, targeted support, youth centres, the Education Business Partnership and parent partnership services.
Continue reading →
Following my post in the early hours of this morning in which reader Holly Jones asked me to warn Brownhills folk and appeal for information following the very unpleasant mugging of her partner Sam, West Midlands Police have issusued the following statement…
Brownhills resident Holly Jones has been in touch on Twitter to ask me to warn Brownhills folk, and appeal for information following the very unpleasant mugging of her partner Sam last Friday, 30th May 2014.
Continue reading →
There’s been an unfortunate RTA at Walsall Council, and it deserves as wide exposure as possible.
Continue reading →
The saga of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall is still rumbling on, and the issue is still being pursued by doughty campaigner Linda Mason – in a post on her blog a few days ago Lind detailed a recent letter she has received from Walsall Council which appears to be in almost total denial of the facts.
I’d like to flag up a very angry post Lind Mason has written about the situation with Walsall Council’s Youth Service and the vexed question of Aldridge Manor – the Councillors may have wandered away now that the election is over, the Council Officers may be trying to fob us off, but neither I nor Linda have forgotten the issue of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall. Continue reading →
Today, there is a council by-election in the ward of Aldridge Central & South, brought about by the sad passing of longstanding councillor Tom Ansell – this election will be interesting in a number of ways – although usually a safe Tory seat, it will be intriguing to see how the other parties fair – particularly UKIP and the Labour.
Continue reading →