Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 15th - Returning to Birmingham via Snow Hill station,... September 15, 2014
- September 15th - I spent the afternoon in Droitwich. This piece... September 15, 2014
- September 14th - Back up on Cannock Chase for the first time in... September 15, 2014
- September 14th - The boating lake at Chasewater has been drained... September 15, 2014
- September 13th - I whizzed up to Walsall Wood in the morning on... September 13, 2014
- September 12th - Conkers, by the shedload. The tree in Festival... September 13, 2014
- September 12th - I needed to pop into Lichfield, so I rushed... September 13, 2014
- September 11th - Less charming than the sunflower, but... September 12, 2014
- September 11th - In Darlaston Green, a sight to bring joy to the... September 11, 2014
- September 11th - I only went and forgot the camera again. This... September 11, 2014
- September 10 - Riding home along Green Lane between Shelfield... September 11, 2014
- September 10th - I’m not on form this week, not even... September 11, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Ravens Court - Something is happening, but what?
- When the dam burst
- Living on the skyline
- Tool burglary in Clayhanger: did you see these lads?
- Scouting out the history
- Plane bizarre
- Did you know the late Thomas Williams?
- What's this stuff about, then?
- The Wood still on the up as they beat Kirby Muxloe
- The Red, White and Blue: what do you know?
- 1,673,062 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @elizabethforma: Every single Republican in the US Senate voted against equal pay for equal work for women today. Unreal. #equalpay 3 hours ago
- RT @BadAlbumCovers: "@mr_pastry: Everything's wrong here. And what's he doing with his right hand? @BadAlbumCovers http://t.co/PlMJjYgRJj" … 3 hours ago
- RT @someofmybest: incredible http://t.co/7cOr906tx4 3 hours ago
- RT @sanb67: Fresh cream fingers available at sans kitchen 16.silver court brownhills :) http://t.co/5Wb9ZJpH67 3 hours ago
- RT @sanb67: Homemade chocolate bread pudding available at Sans Kitchen 16, silver court , brownhills http://t.co/HXxniFmxER 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Pye Corner Audio – The Black Mill Video Tape
- Pye Corner Audio – Sleep Games
- Not waving – Like Shooting A Fish In A Barrel
- Not waving – Enemies Of The People
- Not waving – Two-Way Mirror
- Not waving – Protect The Revolution
- Pye Corner Audio – One Time Pad
- Pye Corner Audio – Shared Secret Key
- Pye Corner Audio – Twisted Wire Pair
- Pye Corner Audio – Perfect Secrecy Forever
- Chasewater Strollers September 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: cuts
I note that Walsall Council have a scrutiny meeting this evening on the vexed matter of the Integrated Young People’s Support Service – that’s pretty much anything the council provides for kids and young people, including youth justice, targeted support, youth centres, the Education Business Partnership and parent partnership services.
Continue reading →
Following my post in the early hours of this morning in which reader Holly Jones asked me to warn Brownhills folk and appeal for information following the very unpleasant mugging of her partner Sam, West Midlands Police have issusued the following statement…
Brownhills resident Holly Jones has been in touch on Twitter to ask me to warn Brownhills folk, and appeal for information following the very unpleasant mugging of her partner Sam last Friday, 30th May 2014.
Continue reading →
There’s been an unfortunate RTA at Walsall Council, and it deserves as wide exposure as possible.
Continue reading →
The saga of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall is still rumbling on, and the issue is still being pursued by doughty campaigner Linda Mason – in a post on her blog a few days ago Lind detailed a recent letter she has received from Walsall Council which appears to be in almost total denial of the facts.
I’d like to flag up a very angry post Lind Mason has written about the situation with Walsall Council’s Youth Service and the vexed question of Aldridge Manor – the Councillors may have wandered away now that the election is over, the Council Officers may be trying to fob us off, but neither I nor Linda have forgotten the issue of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall. Continue reading →
Today, there is a council by-election in the ward of Aldridge Central & South, brought about by the sad passing of longstanding councillor Tom Ansell – this election will be interesting in a number of ways – although usually a safe Tory seat, it will be intriguing to see how the other parties fair – particularly UKIP and the Labour.
Continue reading →