Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 26th - After the wet, grey and unpleasant morning, it... November 26, 2015
- November 26th - Spotted in a works bike rack, this fine steed. A... November 26, 2015
- November 26th - Yet another wet, miserable commute, and I feel I... November 26, 2015
- November 25th - Another good one for Bob’s big book of bizarre... November 25, 2015
- November 25th - Spotted on a damp Darlaston canal towpath just... November 25, 2015
- November 24th - Working very late, I returned sapped of mental... November 25, 2015
- November 23rd - it’s been a while coming this year, but a hard... November 24, 2015
- November 23rd - It was a bitterly cold morning - or at least, it... November 24, 2015
- November 22nd - A run around Brownhills and up to Chasewater on... November 23, 2015
- November 22nd - Time for a warning to local cyclists again.The... November 23, 2015
- November 21st - A late spin around Brownhills after a long day,... November 23, 2015
- November 20th - Spotted in Victoria Park, Darlaston, toadstools... November 23, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- 2,783,886 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @ajrobinson75: The brownHILLS have eyes #LancashireFilmsorTV 27 minutes ago
- RT @Classic_picx: British rock group The Stone Roses have announced they are to tour again. Pictured here in 2013. https://t.co/Ag5HTsPI6U 7 hours ago
- RT @IanDunt: For the record, any uni inviting Hopkins deserves to be embarrassed. You're not LBC. You're a centre of academic study. Have s… 7 hours ago
- And remember, most of all, I'm... https://t.co/PfomydhSCy 8 hours ago
- And that's because https://t.co/n6xJTYuqBO 8 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers November 30, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers December 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers December 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: cuts
I note that Walsall Council have a scrutiny meeting this evening on the vexed matter of the Integrated Young People’s Support Service – that’s pretty much anything the council provides for kids and young people, including youth justice, targeted support, youth centres, the Education Business Partnership and parent partnership services.
Continue reading →
Following my post in the early hours of this morning in which reader Holly Jones asked me to warn Brownhills folk and appeal for information following the very unpleasant mugging of her partner Sam, West Midlands Police have issusued the following statement…
Brownhills resident Holly Jones has been in touch on Twitter to ask me to warn Brownhills folk, and appeal for information following the very unpleasant mugging of her partner Sam last Friday, 30th May 2014.
Continue reading →
There’s been an unfortunate RTA at Walsall Council, and it deserves as wide exposure as possible.
Continue reading →
The saga of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall is still rumbling on, and the issue is still being pursued by doughty campaigner Linda Mason – in a post on her blog a few days ago Lind detailed a recent letter she has received from Walsall Council which appears to be in almost total denial of the facts.
I’d like to flag up a very angry post Lind Mason has written about the situation with Walsall Council’s Youth Service and the vexed question of Aldridge Manor – the Councillors may have wandered away now that the election is over, the Council Officers may be trying to fob us off, but neither I nor Linda have forgotten the issue of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall. Continue reading →
Today, there is a council by-election in the ward of Aldridge Central & South, brought about by the sad passing of longstanding councillor Tom Ansell – this election will be interesting in a number of ways – although usually a safe Tory seat, it will be intriguing to see how the other parties fair – particularly UKIP and the Labour.
Continue reading →