Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 9th - After some years of the awful skeletal Christmas... December 9, 2013
- December 9th - It was a beautiful commute this morning. Heading... December 9, 2013
- December 8th - I really didn’t know what to do with these... December 8, 2013
- December 8th - Not another bloody sunset? Sorry. They are very... December 8, 2013
- beautyinbirmingham: Sunset over Fox Hollies Park in Acocks... December 8, 2013
- beautyinbirmingham: The Lickey Hills in the fog of an Autumn... December 8, 2013
- December 7th - The distraction was a murmuration of Starlings.... December 7, 2013
- December 7th - The sunset was even better than I expected. I... December 7, 2013
- December 7th - Up for a spin around Chasewater to catch the... December 7, 2013
- December 6th - I finished work early, and headed to Lichfield to... December 7, 2013
- deantheman: A week in walsall 7th December 2013 I was walking... December 7, 2013
- December 5th - Without a functioning rail service, there was no... December 6, 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- 1,030,717 hits
- 2013 Aldridge Andy Dennis bike cam Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Countryside Services cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood Graham Evans history Lichfield Lichfield District Council Lichfield Mercury local blogs Local History Local politics Memories of Brownhills Past Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Ogley Hay Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Reservoir Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Social Services Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Housing Group Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Mrs_Funky: Make no mistake: Iain Duncan Smith wants the end of social security | Zoe Williams gu.com/p/3y5xt 1 hour ago
- Nr. Birmingham paradisecircus.com/2013/12/10/nr-… 1 hour ago
- Chaz Mason. Loved him like a big, hairy, grumpy brother before, but now I know he loves OrangeChips, it's cemented clayhangermarshlog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/mid-we… 1 hour ago
- RT @petepaphides: In gold attire, Slade's Dave Hill shows ATV reporter around his unfurnished new house, next door to a girls' school: http… 2 hours ago
- RT @_summerhead: UKIP Cllr(Victoria Gillick's husband) who called care children 'takers' got state grants for 8 of his own children http://… 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
- Atomic Spin
- Butcher Boy – Sunday bells
- Butcher Boy – Why I Like Babies
- Butcher Boy – Clockwork
- Butcher Boy – A Better Ghost
- Butcher Boy – This Kiss Will Marry Us
- Butcher Boy – Anything Other Than Kind
- Butcher Boy – You're Only Crying for Yourself
- Butcher Boy – Carve a Pattern
- Butcher Boy – When I'm Asleep
- Butcher Boy – Every Other Saturday
Tag Archives: Councillors
The saga of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall is still rumbling on, and the issue is still being pursued by doughty campaigner Linda Mason – in a post on her blog a few days ago Lind detailed a recent letter she has received from Walsall Council which appears to be in almost total denial of the facts.
I’d like to flag up a very angry post Lind Mason has written about the situation with Walsall Council’s Youth Service and the vexed question of Aldridge Manor – the Councillors may have wandered away now that the election is over, the Council Officers may be trying to fob us off, but neither I nor Linda have forgotten the issue of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall. Continue reading →
Today, there is a council by-election in the ward of Aldridge Central & South, brought about by the sad passing of longstanding councillor Tom Ansell – this election will be interesting in a number of ways – although usually a safe Tory seat, it will be intriguing to see how the other parties fair – particularly UKIP and the Labour.
Continue reading →
Just a quick note to flag up a wonderful post that passed by in a flurry of other stuff late last week. The Councillors may be trying to forget it, Council Officers may be trying to forget they promised another … Continue reading →
The saga of Aldridge Manor, Youth Services in Aldridge and the wider Walsall Borough rumbles on, there was a public meeting last Thursday, and it didn’t go at all well for Walsall Council who had hastily called it only a short time before as a damage limitation exercise…
Continue reading →
There has been some interesting fallout following the furore kicked up over the imminent closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club and dismantling of wider youth service throughout Walsall, and their replacement by some frankly bizarre, not yet thought through system.
Continue reading →
I was heartened to note that earlier today, Walsall Labour Group had issued an unusually strong statement on the future of Walsall Council’s Youth Services and Aldridge Manor youth club, discussed here so much lately.
Continue reading →
There has been a lot of coverage of the imminent closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club and the wider youth service throughout Walsall, and its replacement by some not yet thought through system involving derelict properties and converted vans.
On the day after my article about Oak Park Leisure Centre, and the odd case being made for it’s replacement, Walsall Council felt the need to issue the following press release. I have no idea why.
The projected rebuild of the Oak Park Leisure centre in Walsall Wood seems to be causing some controversy hereabouts. Whilst I understand it, and I’m grateful for all your contributions – the whole thing is leaving me a bit puzzled.