Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 15th - Brownhills High Street. Darkness, rain and... December 16, 2014
- December 15th - A spin around the canal up to Pelsall on the way... December 16, 2014
- December 14th - This evening, there was the annual Burntwood... December 15, 2014
- December 14th - Sadly, it seems myxomatosis has found the rabbit... December 15, 2014
- December 14th - Today, I did make it to the supermarket, and... December 15, 2014
- December 13th - An excellent sunset. I needed to pop to... December 15, 2014
- December 13th - The kind of cold, crisp morning that grabs your... December 15, 2014
- December 12th - Tesco, the retail giant, are in trouble. Beset... December 13, 2014
- December 12th - I’ trying a new camera out. It’s got... December 13, 2014
- December 11th - Thoroughly rotten but very necessary journey... December 12, 2014
- December 10th - I hopped onto the cycleway at Pelsall Lane, and... December 11, 2014
- December 10th - Can’t ever remember a winter passing this... December 11, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- The state that we are in
- What's the Tory?
- May 1991 - Walsall Wood Police Boxing Club big success - but will it continue?
- They know what's good for us
- As far distant as the millennium
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Just look at those haircuts!
- Walsall Wood 1871 Inclosure
- The Harrison dynasty: Beginnings in Coal, 1849
- Walsall Wood Councillor Mike Flower to stand down at next election
- 1,912,084 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @campbellclaret: Real anger at @MDACintl meeting of glib dismissal of ECHR by media and some politicians 14 minutes ago
- RT @ScottFrancis97: Brownhills is a holding pen for degenerates. Sooner I leave the better. 22 minutes ago
- RT @SteveHames202: Any allotment/gardening folk fancy some seeds? Having a clear out. Some packets are unopened. 23 minutes ago
- RT @peatK: walsalladvertiser.co.uk/Flytipper-caug… That's one who got caught. Good! Apparently he 'made a mistake'. Ah, we all make mistakes :-/ 24 minutes ago
- RT @HippoGriffinus: Outroared? http://t.co/eF94RI6VA5 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chris Isaak – Blue Spanish Sky
- Chris Isaak – Speak of the Devil
- Chris Isaak – Only the Lonely
- Chris Isaak – King Without a Castle
- Chris Isaak – Two Hearts
- Chris Isaak – Let Me Down Easy
- Chris Isaak – Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing
- Chris Isaak – Wicked Game
- Chris Isaak – Somebody's Crying
- Chris Isaak – San Francisco Days
- Chasewater Strollers December 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Common
Brownhills resident Samantha Lucas has been in touch on Facebook to ask me to warn Brownhills folk, and appeal for information following the very unpleasant mugging of her mother near the A5 Watling Street this morning.
Following my post in the early hours of this morning in which reader Holly Jones asked me to warn Brownhills folk and appeal for information following the very unpleasant mugging of her partner Sam, West Midlands Police have issusued the following statement…
Brownhills resident Holly Jones has been in touch on Twitter to ask me to warn Brownhills folk, and appeal for information following the very unpleasant mugging of her partner Sam last Friday, 30th May 2014.
Continue reading →
Are you interested in wildlife, or maybe have a budding David Attenborough or Chris Packham in the family – wnt to bring out your inner Bill Oddie or Simon King – If so, Brownhills Common is the place to be this Friday and Saturday.
Are you interested in wildlife, or maybe have a budding David Attenborough or Chris Packham in the family – wnt to bring out your inner Bill Oddie or Simon King – If so, Brownhills Common is the place to be on Friday 16th and Saturday 17th May 2014.
I know many local folk were disappointed when the Holland Park Fun Day scheduled for last Wednesday was cancelled due to the inclement weather – well, there’s some good news in that Pelsall is holding the same event today.
Continue reading →
Here’s an interesting piece from the Young David Evans about the common that used to exist on Holly Bank, in Walsall Wood. Holly Bank is the land from what is now the Castlefort Estate to the Lichfield Road.
Continue reading →